GDT: 2021-22 season game 60 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @6:30pm 3/12/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FNq4y62XwAM7hbU

Los Angeles Kings (32-19-8, 72pts, 2nd in Pacific)@ San Jose Sharks(25-25-7, 57pts, 7th in Pacific)
SAP Center| San Jose, CA
TIME: 6:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS

XSgF0Iv.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

ul8vzWx.png

gvdDQ1Q.png

XMakmJG.png

okqzlrQ.png

Scratched: Christian Wolanin, Rasmus Kupari
Covid:
Injured: Sean Walker, Alex Edler, Drew Doughty, Mikey Anderson, Brendan Lemieux, Viktor Arvidsson, Andreas Athanasiou

:sharks
mrbG1Qc.png

US2Hozp.png

Injuries: Kevin Labanc, James Reimer, Mario Ferraro, Nikolai Knyzhov
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Why wouldn't they have Lias rejoin Byfield on the 3rd line and hope they rekindle some of that preseason magic.....put Grundy on the 4th line.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Feels weird to be 15 points ahead of the Sharks. Outside of their first couple of seasons, this definitely seems like a rarity. Unless I'm forgetting a year where they were mediocre/bad when the Kings were decent?

Don't get me wrong, I could get used to it, but I had to do a double take at the GDT.

Reactions: Little Psycho

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Feels weird to be 15 points ahead of the Sharks. Outside of their first couple of seasons, this definitely seems like a rarity. Unless I'm forgetting a year where they were mediocre/bad when the Kings were decent?

Don't get me wrong, I could get used to it, but I had to do a double take at the GDT.
When you play better than .500 hockey for about 2 decades in a row, that'll happen.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Why wouldn't they have Lias rejoin Byfield on the 3rd line and hope they rekindle some of that preseason magic.....put Grundy on the 4th line.

Because Todd said today "that all drafted players are equal" and start at the bottom, essentially. Except maybe a handful, like McChrist, Matthews and Eichel. So, Lias, Arty, etc, must first master line 4...before moving up. If Kopitar started this way, he would have gone back to Sweden, after
his first year here. Toffoli would have never made it...he would have died on line 4.
I guess QB is special and plays line 3 with Brown. (but gets no PP time. He must earn that, somehow)

McLellan on “Graduation”
Lastly, Todd McLellan talked about the process of “graduation” as he put it, when asked about the transition for players like Lias Andersson or Jaret Anderson-Dolan in coming up to the NHL, where they play in the bottom six, versus the AHL, where they play top-six minutes with power-play time. His answer was in-depth, meriting using the quote in full. –

“They shouldn’t be playing a different role in the American League, they should be penalty killing and they should b edoing the things that they need to do to be successful here as well. The icing on the cake for them is that they get to play on the power play at the American League level, but that’s called graduation. That happens in San Jose, that happens in Anaheim, that happens in LA, and it starts at the draft. Everybody gets drafted as the top scorer in the league, the most valuable player, but they don’t come in and begin as the number-one center, it just doesn’t happen. Some individuals are close to that, Connor [McDavid], Auston Matthews, maybe Jack Eichel in his year, but most of them have to work their way up, so there has to be some other skillset that they bring to get into the lineup. JAD, Lias, the others you talked about, they do have that and that’s one of their strengths. They can check, they can play well. This team we’re playing today, with Bonino’s line, they all entered the league as very good offensive players and they’re all still in the league because they play good roles. There’s a lesson in that for everybody in the game.”

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Wait what happened to AA? Is he hurt again? Not that it'll make a difference. It's the sharts.

It's one of 2 things. There are only 2 types of injuries: upper body and lower body. Since DD was his right hand, they could have called it mid body, or extremity, or dare say "hand injury", but they went with upper body.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Killing me AA, every time I like maybe they keep him he gets hurt. Just like earlier in the season, when they get injuries they get a bunch in the span of a week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad