GDT: 2021-22 season game 58 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @4:00pm 3/7/22

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
2 free pts. Get the 4 against the Sharks, and you might put yourself out of reach. SJ only has one thing to play for, and that's ruin the Kings season.

VNjBFUR.gif

Never. Gets. Old.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
after watching that moore goal replay 20 times i finally realized mcavoy batted the puck down with his hand, whole time i thought moore knocked it down with his stick and i was shocked boston didn't challenge

i was already shitting on mcavoy for his dive earlier, it feels even better now knowing that the goal was his fault too

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
only faustism that i really was mad about today was when cal made like 2 or 3 kinda nutty saves, the next save was just like a generic kick save from a point shot and faust was hollering like he made a SOTY

was just like uhh... really?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I have to admit, out of all the players we've drafted in the last 12 years, I was most disappointed about Forbort. Not overall, sure there were worst picks, but it was 2010, the draft was in LA, I came down to watch, I was so amped, and the trip sucked because I went with friends who didn't care and made me way late for the draft, but I got there for the pick and was so excited... and then we picked Forbot. :P A poindexter, raw, project, longshot stay-at-home d-man. In all honesty, though, I wanted Etem, and he's not even in the league anymore, so what the hell do I know... Still was one of the more disappointing drafts I've had with the Kings, and it was in LA... Drafting Toffoli made up for a bit of it though...

Yeah, that draft was just crap. Talk about a dud of a pick that took what, 5-6 years to get to the nhl? DL broke his own rule going with need over bpa. There were some good forwards behind that pick. But a character pick, right? :nod:

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
only faustism that i really was mad about today was when cal made like 2 or 3 kinda nutty saves, the next save was just like a generic kick save from a point shot and faust was hollering like he made a SOTY

was just like uhh... really?

After Kaliev was put on the top line, did you catch Fox calling the line the KKK line? I was like , no, no, no, not that!:eek:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 2.37.06 AM.png

This is where it started with Kempe and McAvoy. They were battling and McAvoy went down at the side of the net, as if he was tripped. He went right after Kempe the next shift, and the next. Then Forbort did too, the ref just watched as he worked him over behind the play. Kempe just stood his ground while Forbort kept crosschecking him. Then after tying it up, they fought.

Reactions: tny760

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It was a gutsy win,

The fact they won is great, the fact that they showed up, and fought back, was 100x better.....

I'm still meh...on AA, he should go, I can see an argument for holding on to him, but 100% against resigning him again....

Kaliyev is turning into a legit player, really solid season for his rookie season, and be honest, how many of yall shit yourselves when he played a few shifts as the top wing? Cmon now.....

I don't recall Byfield last night, could be a good or a bad thing,

And I remember a few shifts with Kopitar out there and Bos targeting his defensive deficiencies by sending out Frederic and Coyle....damn glad we got through that onslaught.....

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I am baffled why some think AA will be traded.

How often does that happen that a team trades away a solid player while they make the playoffs.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I am baffled why some think AA will be traded.

How often does that happen that a team trades away a solid player while they make the playoffs.

No one really thought LA would be at this point......still clinging on to that hope they will turn over and die.....

AA has been good the past 2-3 games....his problem is...he will take the next 10 off

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No one really thought LA would be at this point......still clinging on to that hope they will turn over and die.....

AA has been good the past 2-3 games....his problem is...he will take the next 10 off
Right now we are at this point and I still read comments about he needs to go right away or that his trade value just increased.

He is going nowhere, I can guarantee that.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It was a gutsy win,

The fact they won is great, the fact that they showed up, and fought back, was 100x better.....

I'm still meh...on AA, he should go, I can see an argument for holding on to him, but 100% against resigning him again....

Kaliyev is turning into a legit player, really solid season for his rookie season, and be honest, how many of yall shit yourselves when he played a few shifts as the top wing? Cmon now.....

And I remember a few shifts with Kopitar out there and Bos targeting his defensive deficiencies by sending out Frederic and Coyle....damn glad we got through that onslaught.....

To be fair if the home team is responding to your 'top center' by sending out their depth that DOES say something.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
To be fair if the home team is responding to your 'top center' by sending out their depth that DOES say something.

Yea, it says they are keeping their top scorers....AWAY from him....not TARGETING him, like the other..."poster" insinuated in another thread that I got banned from for apparently calling his opinion incredulous......

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Kaliyev next to Kopitar and Kempe already looks promising in a limited preview. And Kaliyev being put out as the extra man pays off with the tying goal. He is ascending.

LOL ascending....but yea...it's positive signs, and I dunno, possibly signs they knew what they were doing all along....but that's just me lol

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
AA had a pretty good game, couple in a row actually. Remember last season, he was the only one sticking up for his teammates. Then last night celebrating with his man crush buddy Kempe. AA is a good teammate, even though he has an allergic reaction to systems and styles. AA may stick around if they continue in this direction before the TDL. Let him walk in the off season.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

RonM11

Nov 2, 2021
Brea, California
I have to admit, out of all the players we've drafted in the last 12 years, I was most disappointed about Forbort. Not overall, sure there were worst picks, but it was 2010, the draft was in LA, I came down to watch, I was so amped, and the trip sucked because I went with friends who didn't care and made me way late for the draft, but I got there for the pick and was so excited... and then we picked Forbot. :P A poindexter, raw, project, longshot stay-at-home d-man. In all honesty, though, I wanted Etem, and he's not even in the league anymore, so what the hell do I know... Still was one of the more disappointing drafts I've had with the Kings, and it was in LA... Drafting Toffoli made up for a bit of it though...
Forbort was picked ahead of Tarasenko, so yeah I'm still pissed about that.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kaliyev next to Kopitar and Kempe already looks promising in a limited preview. And Kaliyev being put out as the extra man pays off with the tying goal. He is ascending.

Yup, he is the #1 forward prospect IMO right now, went up a slot from #2 in my previous ranking. Byfield will need a season or 2 to overtake him, but should be fun to watch them both in the top 6 soon.

Reactions: ibleedkings

RonM11

Nov 2, 2021
Brea, California
It was a gutsy win,

I'm not sure why anyone would be "meh" on AA...he has been nails since coming off his latest injury and that OT shift last night was something special, both offensively and defensively. I'd like to keep him and see what he can do for a full season...seems like a solid teammate as well.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'm not sure why anyone would be "meh" on AA...he has been nails since coming off his latest injury and that OT shift last night was something special, both offensively and defensively. I'd like to keep him and see what he can do for a full season...seems like a solid teammate as well.

Because he doesn't do it for a full season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad