GDT: 2021-22 season game 58 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @4:00pm 3/7/22

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Doughty missed a few shifts in the second but played just about 24 minutes.

Anderson got banged up early in the second. Never came back.

Thanks for the update. Pretty impressed they actually won this game losing one Dman, plus scoring an empty netter. Another great Road trip now just don't freakin lose to the Sharts.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I'm not so sure about Lias..

xqc-xqcow.gif

Michael Futa and I agree. Lias Andersson is a helluva hockey player. If he ever gets 14-16 minutes and PP1 or PP2 and playing with talent, it will be the sentiment of many others.
Scored another goal tonight...4 straight and 6 goals in 4 games. Kempe, Kopi or Arvy would probably not score 6 goals in 4 Ontario games.
LIAS ANDERSSON

ONTARIO REIGNG GP 4 G 6 A 0 PTS 6
Teammates and world class NHL players, Rasmus Dahlin and Elias Pettersson pale in comparison to what Team Sweden Captain Lias Andersson does in the 18 WJC.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ok, I fockin love this. Just when I was starting to believe the kings looked like they had been fixed like a dog again.

Just seeing the raw emotion when they earned it was worth everything tonight. Honestly I was prepped for a loss but even in an L I was ready to come here and say it was exactly the battle you want to see from a team in their situation, I'm far past the point of cheering on "moral victories" but especially with the injuries and Anderson and Doughty tonight, just hanging in there till the end vs. a team like the Bs was awesome.

Seeing guys pumped up like this sums up everything one can love about hockey.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm looking for Faust's call on the GWG too, that was really, really good

He's a lot better when given stuff to work with :laugh: I know the regular complaints are valid but I think he's growing there, but the dude can put together a monster call

meh it cuts out before he says something like warm up the bus we're going home but i was pumped

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – so L.A. has goalie hugs too??? :skeptic: Edition

The National : Kings will be hungry for this one after that 7 piece.
ODAAT : one of those dreaded trap game thingies, Kings played last night so might have heavier legs as the game wears on
sooshii : so L.A. has goalie hugs too??? :skeptic:
NOT TONIGHT!
Let's go B's!
Bruinaura : There's only one goalie hug that I will acknowledge lol
Here's the one from Columbus. Bonus view of Bergy shoving Foligno out to center ice to acknowledge the crowd again :)

BMC : Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery or so they say. That said, nobody does it like Linus & Sway!
PlayMakers :
itsatrap.jpg

TSBruins13 : Bruins 5 Kings 2
Marchand hatty
Debrusk
Coyle
freddy KOs Lemieux
VanIsle : Kings 11th, Blackhawks 25th, Coyotes 32nd on this 3 game home stand.
Better get at least 4 points out of this.
quietbruinfan : I think it is a tough one tonight. It is an obvious revenge game for the Kings, and it will be the first game back home for us. Between the two things, I say 4-2 Kings. However, in the words of Foghorn Leghorun: "I say, I say, I could be wrong."
lopey : Going to be a good one I think. LA going to be smarting from last game beat down the b’s gave them
BruinsFanMike82 : Hooray for tiny sample sizes...
Cal Petersen career vs Bruins (less than 28 minutes)
4.40 GAA ; .846 Sv%
samsdad : PHUCK EM UP !!!
UConn126 : Who on earth was that behind the LA bench taking pics with a tablet? Looked like he was wearing a Pats SB ring.
Dueling Banjos : Kopi is my fav non Bruin
CharasLazyWrister : Super physical shift by both teams. Great stuff.
SanDogBrewin : Some good hitting going in.
CharasLazyWrister : Foligno is a new man. Holy shit.
Bruinaura : That's the Foligno the Bruins thought they were getting
Dueling Banjos : Great career, slightly underrated, good guy...always wanted him on Bs but yeah too expansive and too comfy life in LA
PatriceBergeronFan : Bruins are close. This should be a good one. As long as Ullmark controls his rebounds.
Bruinaura :

SanDogBrewin : Cassidy bobbing back n forth likr Dustin Hoffman, on a porch, before Wopner starts.
Sheppy : Bruins playing a heavy game tonight
Lobster57 : petition to force Grundstrom to change his name. Too many 'strum's out there, he's now Carl Sundstrom
CDJ : Probably shouldn’t be allowing point blank chances, just some advice
SPLBRUIN : Fun game so far, have no confidence in Ullmark though. Achan overmatched against the big LA forwards.
Bruinaura : Hi, hello, defense please
PatriceBergeronFan : Did the Bruins tire after half a period of dominance?
CharasLazyWrister : They pretty much dominated the first half of the period and LA is too good of a team to let that go on for 60 minutes.
Tighten up in the defensive zone and re-engage physically and I’ve got a good feeling.
The National : Good start, I like the physicality and how they’re responding to it. Haula line is buzzing they’ll get one tonight. Nice reverse hit by Marchand.
Mick Eggamuffin : What a fast paced period, very enjoyable. Trent is really playing well these days, great to see.
lopey : Good period. Like the physical play
BergyWho37 : * runs around the room slapping helmets *
Mee likey hits yes I do
BergyWho37 : It went out of frame but think Bergy lit up Kopitar
CDJ : Low key love that penalty Jakey
power forward move!
CharasLazyWrister : Lol yeah I’d say that’s goalie interference.
Love the intensity though
Forester65 : Jake says "To hell with finesse, I'll go through Peterson!"
KrugAvoy : People complain about the Bruins not having a response when their guy gets hit but LA did absolutely nothing about DeBrusk trucking their goalie
CDJ : (penalty kill) Have a shift Brad
OV : Marchand channelling his inner Bobby Orr there....
GloveSave1 : *standing ovation*
TP : Standing O in my room. rarely happens due to laziness
SanDogBrewin : Nice hit by Clifton on Brown.
lopey : Peterson a rebound machine
Dueling Banjos : Didn't Marchand score alone vs 4 Kings few yrs ago?

Bruinswillwin77 : 4 Kings and weren't at least 3 of the Kings Olympians as well if not all 4
Lobster57 : Kopitar, Carter, Doughty, Muzzin and peak Quick in net.
Bunch of scrubs
Mione134 : Physicality is great tonight
Keep it up!
Mathews28 : Wow didn’t realize Kempe had this many goals. Think he was. 10-15 goal guy til this year. Always liked his game
KrugAvoy : Couldn't help but laugh reading Bruce lips there after the ref said Mike Rielly was #8
PatriceBergeronFan : Not even a minor yet on LA however.
I do lean towards that being boarding however. Zoom the microscope out a bit.
CDJ : Nice shift from Jake
kids skating with a lot of power tonight
BlackFrancis : The Kings are pretty talented, sticking to the Bruins like glue without a holding call.
ap3lovr : One of the best periods of hockey I have watched in 5 years. Just really enjoyable for anyone that is a fan of the sport.
SPV : What a great pace this game has.
Mione134 : Inject this into my veins.
https://twitter.com/___Stradivarius/status/1501010827897450498?s=20&t=Vs2AUqvjtxQYfGhVvUgvxA
BMC : Freddy & Smith have scored. I want Charlie to get the insurance goal.
Mione134 : More nasty like that Carlo
Forester65 : Carlo gave Durzi the business down in the corner.
He was glad to get away when it was over.
The National : They’re gonna blow the lead playing like this
Mick Eggamuffin : Great game for team building, everyone is towing the rope.
GloveSave1 : Kings know no call coming…
The National : No heartbreakers please.
JCRO : Easily could’ve called Kempe for two cross-checks to the head there
TP : Reilly made me puke in my mouth
Montecristo : I like this durzi dude, he seems good
OV : Its about that time of the game where the Bruins take a penalty, pass to the Kings, and fail to clear the puck.
Gonzothe7thDman : McAvoy getting away with big time interference there.
Refs letting it go in the final minute.
TP : do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit do not vomit
CharasLazyWrister : f***ing hell.
Bruins just weren’t the better team this period.
UConn126 : It's called Bruins.
TP : ok to vomit
Montecristo : Wooo!! Free hockey this game rules
Bridges31 : As soon as the missed the obvious interference/slew foot on McAvoy I knew they’d tie it.
Absurdity : Why can't this team close out a period?
Alicat : I put the wine glass in the kitchen so I wouldn't be tempted to throw it against the wall
Widdlez : Love to see that after we should have ended the game on a powerplay on a hilariously obvious interference play on mccavoy
CDJ : Atta boy Forbort!!!! Smart man!
Mathews28 : Good for you Forbort
BruinsFanSince94 : That’s quite the trade off. Good job, Forbort.
Mione134 : That was smart by Forbby there. Takes Kempe out of the OT
CharasLazyWrister : As long as they call it even, that’s a smart play by Forbort.
It changes nothing for the Bruins in OT and takes away one of LA’s best options.
CDJ : A guy that plays in OT vs a guy who doesn’t. Good stuff Forbort. if it’s not even the leagues a farce
SPV : Couple cheap shots from Kempe after Forbort goes down, such a garbage move
Ricky Lafleur : Bruce PO'd he can't use Forbort for all of OT now
smithformeragent : 3 on 3 is fake hockey.
Shootout even more so.
Regardless of how this ends, this is a troubling pattern.
Bruinswillwin77 : I dont typically bitch about the refs but figures the ONE they called on LA was the one they had to call
smithformeragent : Ok, shitheads.
It’s past my bedtime.
CDJ : Just a total dumbass play by Coyle.
BlackFrancis : Coyle giveth, Coyle flusheth a point in the toilet.
TP70BruinsCup : Simply awful. Pathetic ending.
Bruinaura : THEY SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME
KillerMillerTime : Yes, Danault ate Coyle and Bergeron up on successive FO in the B's end.
CharasLazyWrister : Said it earlier but they didn’t play a very good third for the duration of it. LA pushed and the earlier intensity from the Bruins just wasn’t there.
ON3M4N : Needed someone in the top 6 to put a puck in the net. Props to Petersen, he kept the kings in the game all night long
GloveSave1 : Well, I tip my cap to the Kings…a puck over the boards…or they would have played a man disadvantage free game.
Widdlez : wishing kempe luck on his dice roll or wheel spin or whatever the NHL uses to determine whether slew footing someone is bad or not, that 2 minute powerplay would have been really cool to close out the game but you know it does say right in the rules that penalties can't happen in the final 2 minutes
The National : Boooooo
They played pretty hard all game but crumbled in the 3rd. Need to be better at the circle, especially late in games. Whatever, move on.
PatriceBergeronFan : NHL.com has Forbort and Kempe with double minors for roughing?!
It was clearly a fight.
Bradely : I din't think he was too deep. But maybe his positioning with 73 closing wasn't closing the short side. But AA was coming with alot of speed and he had a good shot. Ullmark played well. That goal was on Coyle....
trenton1 : Three on three isn't real hockey, but it does let you know if you only have one top 6 center.
Grizz would have been a huge help tonight, but the Bruins still should have pulled this out. They are a better team than the Kings.
RoccoF14 : Tough loss tonight, but I thought we played well. We probably deserved that second point, but it wasn't in the cards. Really good hockey game, all in all.
Tough turnover by Coyle in the OT, but other than that, he was fantastic.
Both goalies were excellent tonight.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I'm looking for Faust's call on the GWG too, that was really, really good

He's a lot better when given stuff to work with :laugh: I know the regular complaints are valid but I think he's growing there, but the dude can put together a monster call

meh it cuts out before he says something like warm up the bus we're going home but i was pumped

Less storytime and useless banter with Fox has been good. More annoyed by Foxy's "whoa"s and his "here we go"s.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Don't you dare....

What's next, credit to TM?

I mean I believe my complaints are valid but so are the compliments, the 5v5 system is monstrous, and even with sub-par goaltending and finishing, theyr'e in 2nd in a competitive division. If anything, it shows that if we DID figure out special teams/goaltending/finishing, they'd be a true contender, not just a pain in the ass. That's why i always say take my complaints with a bit of a grain of salt at least, because he's absolutely in the running for coach (and blake GM) of the year regardless.

But I'm going down with the ship on Kopitar's 24 minutes, that's where I draw the line :laugh:

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This was such a gutsy win for this team, especially with Mikey out of the lineup and Doughty's hand banged up.

The B's really took it to the Kings especially on the body and along the boards. This was definitely playoff hockey. Funny how both teams play a similar game but honestly we are not heavy team like the B's. We just have a buy-in from the players up and down the lineup.

While everyone pulled their weight tonight, I really think the (3) standouts were:
Peterson
Grundstrom
Maata

This is where we develop that culture that was missing after our (2) Cups wins. Playing for your teammates and playing for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

Huge come from behind win for the boys tonight!

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
CharasLazyWrister : They pretty much dominated the first half of the period and LA is too good of a team to let that go on for 60 minutes.
Tighten up in the defensive zone and re-engage physically and I’ve got a good feeling.
The National : Good start, I like the physicality and how they’re responding to it. Haula line is buzzing they’ll get one tonight. Nice reverse hit by Marchand.
Mick Eggamuffin : What a fast paced period, very enjoyable. Trent is really playing well these days, great to see.
lopey : Good period. Like the physical play
BergyWho37 : * runs around the room slapping helmets *
Mee likey hits yes I do
CharasLazyWrister : Lol yeah I’d say that’s goalie interference.
Love the intensity though

KrugAvoy : People complain about the Bruins not having a response when their guy gets hit but LA did absolutely nothing about DeBrusk trucking their goalie
Mione134 : Physicality is great tonight
Keep it up!
Mathews28 : Wow didn’t realize Kempe had this many goals. Think he was. 10-15 goal guy til this year. Always liked his game

ap3lovr : One of the best periods of hockey I have watched in 5 years. Just really enjoyable for anyone that is a fan of the sport.
SPV : What a great pace this game has.

Ricky Lafleur : Bruce PO'd he can't use Forbort for all of OT now

Had a few good laughs at "Bruce PO'd he can't use Forbort for all of OT now" but I guess it takes a grindy playoff team to appreciate a scrappy team eh? Lots of flattery there and guys that liked the pace, reminds me of the Blues/Kings series' where it wasn't all pretty but it was technical and tough.

I know we ride them hard in other sports and the breed that come to Staples are usually the worst of the worst, but the Boston fans on this board have always been pretty good to the Kings.

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Had a few good laughs at "Bruce PO'd he can't use Forbort for all of OT now" but I guess it takes a grindy playoff team to appreciate a scrappy team eh? Lots of flattery there and guys that liked the pace, reminds me of the Blues/Kings series' where it wasn't all pretty but it was technical and tough.

I know we ride them hard in other sports and the breed that come to Staples are usually the worst of the worst, but the Boston fans on this board have always been pretty good to the Kings.

It's hard to hate on the B's and how they play the game.

I root for them every chance I get, especially when they manhandled the Canucks and when they dominate the Leafs. It's a beautiful thing.

Reactions: Choralone

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I also dont' want this to get lost in the moment ad i suspect some of it was injuries but it sure is nice seeing the last minute goal from Moore....assisted by a one timer blast from Kaliyev on a pass from Durzi.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It was yet ANOTHER come from behind win on the road.

Bruins were something ridiculous like 21-1-2 when leading after 2 periods.

Kings have had real trouble generating scoring chances recently. A lot of the goals have come from individual skill/snipe plays by Kaliyev, Arividsson and AA.

Outshot again. You go 20 some games in a row outshooting everybody, then you get outshot twice in a week. Not sure if it's something to be concerned about or not.

The best feeling wins are the ones you don't expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad