GDT: 2021-22 season game 54 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 2/28/22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I turned it off after the second.

It was just one of those games.

I give the Bruins credit though, I thought they played really well defensively.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I am impressed........not many guys are crying about how the Kings suck......this happened 2 months ago, this board would be on suicide watch.......

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I am impressed........not many guys are crying about how the Kings suck......this happened 2 months ago, this board would be on suicide watch.......
Blake's plan for this team might work if all 4 lines are going. Can't get there with Brown playing. Blake is unable to make that call. It will take a miracle to get out of the 1st round. 2nd in division over half the season played & I'm uninterested.

Might as well focus on the offseason! Players on teams with cap issues that could be good adds. Nino (Car), Magpie (CGY), Puljujärvi (EDM), Fiala (MIN).

Could go bargain bin hunting with a Konecny type.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Blake's plan for this team might work if all 4 lines are going. Can't get there with Brown playing. Blake is unable to make that call. It will take a miracle to get out of the 1st round. 2nd in division over half the season played & I'm uninterested.

Might as well focus on the offseason! Players on teams with cap issues that could be good adds. Nino (Car), Magpie (CGY), Puljujärvi (EDM), Fiala (MIN).

Just like at the beginning of the season, it would be a miracle to be 2nd in the division at this point in the season?

As far as Brown....you may well be right, but you could also be dead wrong, does Kaliyev excel without Brown in the room? Does Bjornfoot, does any of the young guys? No one on this board knows, can know....what impact Brown may have had or have not had, but I get it, it's easier to shit on him than actually think about what goes into a winning team....

Reactions: kingsfan28

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles

I think you go after fiala. Love to have that guy on this team. Throw money at him. He's a Swiss army type guy that can do everything. Then you slowly roll out the rookies. Having fiala would cement this team big time.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It's almost like opinions are dynamic, imagine that

I know right? But if they lose to Dallas, all bets are off......

Hell someone literally just said, Blake's plan for a winning team, could never happen, if Brown was playing......yet, Brown has been playing...and the Kings are....a winning team.....

While opiniions can be dynamic, some can be flat out dead wrong and idiotic....

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think you go after fiala. Love to have that guy on this team. Throw money at him. He's a Swiss army type guy that can do everything. Then you slowly roll out the rookies. Having fiala would cement this team big time.

Depends on the money, because you will have to resign Kempe, Lemieux, Lizotte, Grundstrom, Andersson, Durzi, Moveare, Vilardi, Strand, Villata etc, not that any of those guys are in for MASSIVE raises, maybe Kempe.....but after that, you will have to resign Moore, Bjornfoot, etc.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I’ve been as down on Brown as the next guy, but I do wonder what effect benching Brown would have in the locker room and the team’s morale.

Hopefully Brown stubs a toe and hits LTIR for some freed-up cap space for the trade deadline then joins us for game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals to send his career on the highest of notes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Hell someone literally just said, Blake's plan for a winning team, could never happen, if Brown was playing......yet, Brown has been playing...and the Kings are....a winning team.....

I'll try to help you out. Regular season doesn't matter. Beating a bad Ducks team is fun, but pointless. Getting ready for the fight in the playoffs is what matters.

Blake's plan is dependent on 4 lines all firing. 3 lines are playing well. With Brown in the lineup, 1 line won't be playing well.

So here we are winning & keeping pace in a bad Pacific division. Waiting for the games to matter & Brown can't stay on his skates or complete a 5 foot pass. It really is dumb. There is an opportunity to greatly improve the team & nope.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'll try to help you out. Regular season doesn't matter. Beating a bad Ducks team is fun, but pointless. Getting ready for the fight in the playoffs is what matters.

Blake's plan is dependent on 4 lines all firing. 3 lines are playing well. With Brown in the lineup, 1 line won't be playing well.

So here we are winning & keeping pace in a bad Pacific division. Waiting for the games to matter & Brown can't stay on his skates or complete a 5 foot pass. It really is dumb. There is an opportunity to greatly improve the team & nope.

Got it...tell me....bad pacific that includes Calgary, Vegas, Edmonton,...

That's almost like saying....meh, Boston is just keeping pace in a shitty Atlantaic, because beating a crappy Buffalo team doesn't mean anything..
OR
Pittsburgh is just keeping pace because beating a bad Philly team doesn't mean anything...
OR
St. Louis is just keeping pace because beating a bad Arizona team doesn't mean anything etc..

I can keep going, can we agree that everyone in the playoffs, is just....keeping pace?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Got it...tell me....bad pacific that includes Calgary, Vegas, Edmonton,...

That's almost like saying....meh, Boston is just keeping pace in a shitty Atlantaic, because beating a crappy Buffalo team doesn't mean anything..
OR
Pittsburgh is just keeping pace because beating a bad Philly team doesn't mean anything...
OR
St. Louis is just keeping pace because beating a bad Arizona team doesn't mean anything etc..

I can keep going, can we agree that everyone in the playoffs, is just....keeping pace?
Calgary is playing well. They have goaltending, guys that can shoot the puck & Sutter making people play defense.

Vegas is playing like crap right now trying to play the LTIR game like Tampa. They are having a little trouble balancing LTIR with Qualifying for the playoffs. Tampa had no issue there.

Oilers are a joke led by a GM that had no problem starting the season with 500 year old M. Smith in net. Recently signed E. Kane out of desperation to make the post season. Oh yeah & Nurse making Doughty money.

Vancouver is looking better. Miller is on fire & Pettersson seems to have recovered from his wrist injury finally. They have a decent team even if I think a lot of their players are soft.

Duck, bad. Gibson has started pulling himself from games. Awesome.

Sharks suck even if Timo is going to put up 5 goals against us.

Seattle, it's their 1st year, they have a good base, just need some high picks & time.

So yep, Pacific isn't great. Kings would be tied for 3rd in the central & last wild card in the east.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Calgary is playing well. They have goaltending, guys that can shoot the puck & Sutter making people play defense.

Vegas is playing like crap right now trying to play the LTIR game like Tampa. They are having a little trouble balancing LTIR with Qualifying for the playoffs. Tampa had no issue there.

Oilers are a joke led by a GM that had no problem starting the season with 500 year old M. Smith in net. Recently signed E. Kane out of desperation to make the post season. Oh yeah & Nurse making Doughty money.

Vancouver is looking better. Miller is on fire & Pettersson seems to have recovered from his wrist injury finally. They have a decent team even if I think a lot of their players are soft.

Duck, bad. Gibson has started pulling himself from games. Awesome.

Sharks suck even if Timo is going to put up 5 goals against us.

Seattle, it's their 1st year, they have a good base, just need some high picks & time.

So yep, Pacific isn't great. Kings would be tied for 3rd in the central & last wild card in the east.

So would Vegas FFS....Calgary would be 4th in Metro, and 4th in ATL.....

Point is, you can make that case for EVERY TEAM.....

But your point is, LA isn't playing good? Really, that's what you are gonna hang your hat on?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Yeah, it's as if Brown is scratched, our pp and pk will be fixed, Iafollo will start scoring on the top line, and the 3rd line will explode with goals. The team is winning with him in the lineup and he's not costing us games. He didn't throw the puck up the middle last night only to have Boston buried it or missed the stick lockup in front on the pk twice.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
As much as I would love to go deep in the playoffs anything past making the post season I think is playing with house money. No losing culture and the younger guys get a taste of what to expect.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Yeah, it's as if Brown is scratched, our pp and pk will be fixed, Iafollo will start scoring on the top line, and the 3rd line will explode with goals. The team is winning with him in the lineup and he's not costing us games. He didn't throw the puck up the middle last night only to have Boston buried it or missed the stick lockup in front on the pk twice.
No but he gave the puck up at the blue line that led to a breakaway/penalty that led to a goal against.
If hes scratched for AA you are right though it wont change all that much. But if hes scratched because they get a top line forward in trade and bump Iafallo to the 3rd line then its a worthwhile scratch.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
As much as I would love to go deep in the playoffs anything past making the post season I think is playing with house money. No losing culture and the younger guys get a taste of what to expect.

100% post season is a bonus....that's what everyone thought in 2012 as well...

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
So would Vegas FFS....Calgary would be 4th in Metro, and 4th in ATL.....

Point is, you can make that case for EVERY TEAM.....

But your point is, LA isn't playing good? Really, that's what you are gonna hang your hat on?
LA is playing fine. I'd say above expectations.

When they need to turn up the level of play for the playoffs, Brown will be an even larger anchor.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Brown needs to be executed at this point. He was the best bruin defenseman yesterday with all the terrible passes

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Brown needs to be executed at this point. He was the best bruin defenseman yesterday with all the terrible passes
Executed is a bit harsh. Maybe kidnapped for 3 months - forced to practice receiving and making a pass with a robot 24 hours a day. Watch next time catching a pass, puck hits his blade there is no give at all it bounces every time - frequently with loss of control.. he'd be really bad at water balloon toss.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Executed is a bit harsh. Maybe kidnapped for 3 months - forced to practice receiving and making a pass with a robot 24 hours a day. Watch next time catching a pass, puck hits his blade there is no give at all it bounces every time - frequently with loss of control.. he'd be really bad at water balloon toss.

mighty ducks egg drill

and when he fails dip his balls in honey and force him to beekeep

Teach him to handle objects under pressure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad