GDT: 2021-22 season game 54 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 2/28/22

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008
This one was my fault I actually tried watching the game, was 2-0 when I left. I won't watch anymore till, and if playoffs.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
The game was blacked out for me. The Kings record when I miss the game is very poor. Sorry. I won't let it happen again.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Meh.....Kings needed this, every team, on a hot run, gets punched in the mouth... the trick is to see how they respond in Dallas.

Yep, if there was a game to lose in this stretch and give away points, it was this one.

The only drawback is suddenly a bunch of east coast experts who haven't been paying attention to the last 20 games suddenly have feelings on the Kings

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yep, if there was a game to lose in this stretch and give away points, it was this one.

The only drawback is suddenly a bunch of east coast experts who haven't been paying attention to the last 20 games suddenly have feelings on the Kings

To be fair, a lot of west coast experts who watched them all the time, had the same feelings, and were focused on the tree vs the forest lol,

Even back when everyone was questioning the black dark hockey existent of LA Kings hockey (identity) etc, questioning Kaliyev, Kupari etc, you could see they were doing the small things right....this team has all the makings of 2012 all over again....are they as talented, probably not, but they make up for that in work ethic (except for last night, no one was in that game, at all)

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I left when it was 3-0...when I saw the final at 7-0 I thought a stinker on all fronts! Perhaps some changes need to be made. Maybe JAD,Andersson,Vilardi need to be inserted into the line up leaving Brown,Lemiuex and Lizotte to take a seat in the stands not that it was their fault but Jesus something has to be done...lets not panic

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
To be fair, a lot of west coast experts who watched them all the time, had the same feelings, and were focused on the tree vs the forest lol,

Even back when everyone was questioning the black dark hockey existent of LA Kings hockey (identity) etc, questioning Kaliyev, Kupari etc, you could see they were doing the small things right....this team has all the makings of 2012 all over again....are they as talented, probably not, but they make up for that in work ethic (except for last night, no one was in that game, at all)
The Refs stunk it up too on at least 2 goals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I left when it was 3-0...when I saw the final at 7-0 I thought a stinker on all fronts! Perhaps some changes need to be made. Maybe JAD,Andersson,Vilardi need to be inserted into the line up leaving Brown,Lemiuex and Lizotte to take a seat in the stands not that it was their fault but Jesus something has to be done...lets not panic

Something HAS to be done..........lets not panic....

Figure that one out

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Something HAS to be done..........lets not panic....

Figure that one out

We should ask COL fans what was done after the Avalanche got thumped by the Bruins just last week, 5-1. They've been unbeaten since, so I'm sure they made some serious wholesale changes.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We should ask COL fans what was done after the Avalanche got thumped by the Bruins just last week, 5-1. They've been unbeaten since, so I'm sure they made some serious wholesale changes.

As well as what Calgary has done to address their division lead after losing to the Canucks 7-1

Reactions: Little Psycho

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Game got away early. Quick never seemed himself really. Refs were not great. Just one of those games. Lucky for those million Bruin fans at the game.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I fell asleep during the 1st intermission, I figured they were going to lose with how awful they looked in the 1st but a bit shocked when I woke up to see Boston got a TD and an XP. But this may be what the Kings needed, they weren't going to just win every time they showed up at the rink. That first game in Phoenix for example they looked awful and probably would have lost to any other team in the league. This is a good humbling experience to show they still have to outwork everybody if they want to win.

I'm still a bit worried going forward about the goal-scoring, it's not realistic to expect the 2nd line to keep up the pace they have for the previous dozen or so games and as great as Kempe has been a 40 goal pace may not be sustainable either. I was hoping for more immediate dividends from QB but at this point I think next season is where he takes the jump to a more consistent offensive producer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad