GDT: 2021-22 season game 54 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 2/28/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FMs_-foXoAU_J2g

Boston Bruins (31-17-4, 66pts, 4th in Atlantic)@ Los Angeles Kings(29-17-7, 65pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS
wFERWq1.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

w8GUruh.png

4dfNOXM.png

bzNdauI.png

9aMQ8Xx.png

Scratched: Andreas Athanasiou, Jacob Moverare
Covid: Todd McLellan
Injured: Sean Walker, Alex Edler, Lias Andersson

:bruins
0QJw83A.png

ME0fZ5W.png

Injuries: Curtis Lazar, Jakob Zboril
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings are in a really good spot with the way the standings have been going. They need to win these random games so the pacific division games become less important. Secure points where it’s meaningless then you can afford to drop a couple high stake games. It’s good to have the luxury to do this because the other alternative is simply winning the pacific teams until the season is done, I think the kings are sitting pretty right now if they win this game.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
3rd game in 4 nights.

The good vibes can't last this long. It's too good to be true.

4-1 Bruins.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Game on NHL Network, so I'm guessing it'll be blacked out for those of us on ESPN+ out of town.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Hard to believe we score more goals than the Bruins but here we are. Let’s gooo! Huge test

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I'm assuming this is a joke because this game of all games is one they can totally afford to lose.

I felt like changing it up, didn’t feel like ragging on Brown or TM today.

Jesse, on a serious note, good on you for throwing out some love to Maatta. I’ve been saying it all season, the dude has been fairly solid for us. I think a lot of people just can’t get past the nightmare he was last year…

Reactions: All The Kings Men

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I felt like changing it up, didn’t feel like ragging on Brown or TM today.

Jesse, on a serious note, good on you for throwing out some love to Maatta. I’ve been saying it all season, the dude has been fairly solid for us. I think a lot of people just can’t get past the nightmare he was last year…

He was a nightmare through about 20 games this year, as well. Literally under 1/3 GF% and CF% at one point. Literally league worst for a 'regular.' We weren't imagining things.

He (in combination with Roy, they appear to complement each other pretty well) deserves kudos for really pulling it together and playing well lately though, you can see WHY he was brought in when he's playing well. He's still good for 2-3 "only Olli Maatta" moments a game but they're far fewer and less disastrous (than his previous "oh line change? I'm gonna go 1v5" forays) than they used to be and they're aggressive mistakes trying to play on his toes so I can stomach that.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I'm more optimistic about this game than it seems most are. Yes the Kings have played a lot of games in the past week, but so have the B's. Teams are just having a really tough time generating good scoring chances against the Kings and the Kings are actually scoring right now. As usual it'll likely come down to whether the Kings can get to 3 goals in regulation, when they do they are 23-5. That is also why I am so bullish on getting a goal-scorer at the TDL.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I think the boys can beat anyone in the league. Now can they beat a team like the AVS 4 out of 7? Doubtful, but no team scares me on any given night.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Just looking for another game of emotionally engaged, effective, team hockey.

W or L tonight is ancillary.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
He was a nightmare through about 20 games this year, as well. Literally under 1/3 GF% and CF% at one point. Literally league worst for a 'regular.' We weren't imagining things.

He (in combination with Roy, they appear to complement each other pretty well) deserves kudos for really pulling it together and playing well lately though, you can see WHY he was brought in when he's playing well. He's still good for 2-3 "only Olli Maatta" moments a game but they're far fewer and less disastrous (than his previous "oh line change? I'm gonna go 1v5" forays) than they used to be and they're aggressive mistakes trying to play on his toes so I can stomach that.

It's pretty clear that Maatta is a microcosm of the whole team, where lines didn't really click or mesh because people were not respecting the team around them and just trying to "play fast". Now that we're late in the season with consistent lines and an understanding of the system, our players are benefitting. Maatta's team play helps us whether the inevitable Maatta moments, in a way that we simply could not last season with underperformers and a non-cohesive team.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad