GDT: 2021-22 season game 54 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 2/28/22

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What’s really crazy is that we’ve got $4.5 million in dead cap this season. Imagine another Arvidsson or Iafallo on our third line driving play. Subtract Athanasiou and that’s more than enough to afford JT Miller.

I’m think Miller’s a worthy investment. He’s a lot like Danault but with more offensive potential.

Kempe - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Byfield - Miller - Iafallo
Lemieux - Lizotte - Brown

That would be an unbelievable roster in the playoffs.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Depends on the money, because you will have to resign Kempe, Lemieux, Lizotte, Grundstrom, Andersson, Durzi, Moveare, Vilardi, Strand, Villata etc, not that any of those guys are in for MASSIVE raises, maybe Kempe.....but after that, you will have to resign Moore, Bjornfoot, etc.
Ideally you want most of your cap hit among the top 6. There's downfalls in committee scoring: raises to the bottom 6,etc... Kopitar coming off the books will help a lot.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
What’s really crazy is that we’ve got $4.5 million in dead cap this season. Imagine another Arvidsson or Iafallo on our third line driving play. Subtract Athanasiou and that’s more than enough to afford JT Miller.

I’m think Miller’s a worthy investment. He’s a lot like Danault but with more offensive potential.

Kempe - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Byfield - Miller - Iafallo
Lemieux - Lizotte - Brown

That would be an unbelievable roster in the playoffs.
Byfields a center. To use him as a winger is a waste.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Yeah, it's as if Brown is scratched, our pp and pk will be fixed, Iafollo will start scoring on the top line, and the 3rd line will explode with goals. The team is winning with him in the lineup and he's not costing us games. He didn't throw the puck up the middle last night only to have Boston buried it or missed the stick lockup in front on the pk twice.
Falling down at the blueline on a potential outnumbered attack, losing every board battle, missing uncontested passes of less than ten feet, about 15 turnovers between the top of the circles and the blueline and giving away a breakaway leading to a PP goal was plenty enough.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
mighty ducks egg drill

and when he fails dip his balls in honey and force him to beekeep

Teach him to handle objects under pressure
upload_2022-3-1_18-18-47.jpeg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
For all the bitching about Brown....I figured it would be interesting to see where he would fit on other clubs,

Brown 22 points - ranked 8th on the Kings
would be

10th in COL
Tied for 10th in CGY
9th in VGS
Tied for 7th in EDM
12th in STL
Tied for 8th in MIN
7th in NSH
10th in TB
12th in FLA
9th in TOR
8th in BOS
Tied for 9th in CAR
8th in PIT
Tied for 7th in NYR
Tied for 7th in WSH...

Top 4 teams in each division....and he's.....a typical 3rd liner on all of them.....but HE's the reason we lose lmao f***ing hilarious.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
For all the bitching about Brown....I figured it would be interesting to see where he would fit on other clubs,

would be

10th in COL
Tied for 10th in CGY
9th in VGS
Tied for 7th in EDM
12th in STL
Tied for 8th in MIN
7th in NSH
10th in TB
12th in FLA
9th in TOR
8th in BOS
Tied for 9th in CAR
8th in PIT
Tied for 7th in NYR
Tied for 7th in WSH...

Top 4 teams in each division....and he's.....a typical 3rd liner on all of them.....but HE's the reason we lose lmao f***ing hilarious.
All but maybe what two or three? of his points came when he was on the top line.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
When did he get on 3rd line? Nov 20th? Jan 6th? Hard to tell from his game log, as he goes from 14 minutes....to 18 minutes From Nov 20th on etc
I dont remember but I cant recall too many points hes had since being moved down the lineup. It depends on the team about being static but I think a lot of the teams you mention have been rolling the same top six out there most nights and some for multiple years without many changes outside of injuries.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I dont remember but I cant recall too many points hes had since being moved down the lineup. It depends on the team about being static but I think a lot of the teams you mention have been rolling the same top six out there most nights and some for multiple years without many changes outside of injuries.

Let's take...Jan 6th, after the break, as a CLEAR dividing....I don't know if it is, and someone can come along and say I'm wrong,

But since Jan 6th, he's had 10 points....so no, it's not just 2 or 3 off the top line,

Reactions: Schmooley

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, he had TWO points in all of February, so I think it's fair to say that the people clinging to his production as a means of proving 'he's fine' can't rely on that right now as a crutch. Visibly, he's a disaster.

Love the guy, dont' think he'll get benched and we're just in for the ride for the rest of the season if everything they've said is true. But he definitely looks like a guy who needs a night or two off at least.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
A large portion of Brown's points this past season have involved at least one of Kopitar, Doughty, Kempe, or Danault.

That alone doesn't mean much. Heck, if everyone benefits from getting regular time with the top players, great.

The point is that he cannot carry a line. At best, he's a complementary piece on a depth line. The problem is a 19 year-old rookie should not be expected to do the carrying. Especially with a chaotic element like Athanasiou. At least they moved Grundstrom to his wing.

This is why a player like Moore or Iafallo should be with Byfield from the get go. They have valuable players who can make the line better.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

would be

10th in COL
Tied for 10th in CGY
9th in VGS
Tied for 7th in EDM
12th in STL
Tied for 8th in MIN
7th in NSH
10th in TB
12th in FLA
9th in TOR
8th in BOS
Tied for 9th in CAR
8th in PIT
Tied for 7th in NYR
Tied for 7th in WSH...

How many of those dudes got #1 PP all year?

It isn't the points. It is Brown's inability to handle the puck. His body quit on him. Not the 1st player this has happened to. He can't receive or make passes. Can't stick handle & skate through the neutral zone. Instead of keeping the puck moving forward, it's most likely going back into the Dzone.

Is Brown buried on the 4th line a few minutes a night losing the game? Nope. Is it helping win? Nope. Are there better internal options? Yup.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Falling down at the blueline on a potential outnumbered attack, losing every board battle, missing uncontested passes of less than ten feet, about 15 turnovers between the top of the circles and the blueline and giving away a breakaway leading to a PP goal was plenty enough.

The dude fell down, big f-ing deal, He still managed to get the puck out and create a scoring chance , did he not? 15 turnovers, huh?

Look, I made this real easy for you...this is a chart, it shows who did what. please show me where it list all his 15 turnovers?

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 3.38.25 AM.png

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The dude fell down, big f-ing deal, He still managed to get the puck out and create a scoring chance , did he not? 15 turnovers, huh?

Look, I made this real easy for you...this is a chart, it shows who did what. please show me where it list all his 15 turnovers?

View attachment 511865

Let's slow down there.

Crypto.com is notoriously bad at recording GvA/TKA. Do you really think the Kings only gave the puck away twice from Kempe?

Brown has by far the worst giveaway/takeaway rate ratio on the team and it's still a crap stat, but no one can tell me they're watching and honestly believe Brown is handling the puck well with any sort of consistency.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Let's slow down there.

Crypto.com is notoriously bad at recording GvA/TKA. Do you really think the Kings only gave the puck away twice from Kempe?

Brown has by far the worst giveaway/takeaway rate ratio on the team and it's still a crap stat, but no one can tell me they're watching and honestly believe Brown is handling the puck well with any sort of consistency.

Well according to a few sites, you are wrong....

Danault has a worse giveway/takeaway ratio

Not counting D, those are the two worst, and yea, it's a shitty stat...

Here's the issue, NO ONE is saying Brown is playing lights out, or even lights halfway on....but he is NOWHERE NEAR the detriment that certain people cry about endlessly on this board....

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well according to a few sites, you are wrong....

Danault has a worse giveway/takeaway ratio

Not counting D, those are the two worst, and yea, it's a shitty stat...

Here's the issue, NO ONE is saying Brown is playing lights out, or even lights halfway on....but he is NOWHERE NEAR the detriment that certain people cry about endlessly on this board....

...per 60? Because of course guys playing top minutes are going to have the worst raw giveaways, or especially the guy with some of the hardest starts in the league. DB is neither and even by that shitty stat he's got about a 4-to-1 ratio.

Regardless we agree it's a worthless stat, no consistency across the league. I specifically remember one of Doughty's games during the Norris race where he spent all game ripping the puck from dudes and got credited with no takeaways...and saved two empty nets near the buzzer...so his final statline was near 30 minutes, 0s across the board, and two giveaways. lol.

With Brown I've come to accept that he's here for the rest of the year for better or for worse. They seem to love what he brings Byfield et. al. off ice and based on his career and legacy I can't argue against any of that. I don't like them sticking their heads in the sand for his ON-ice play, and I'm not going to just pretend he's not a shit show. I could appreciate it if he were just dumping pucks deep and playing a simple game but he's trying too hard to be Brown prime and just keeps coughing the puck up anywhere and everything.

THAT being said I think that Byfield-Brown-Grundstrom had some of the best cycles last game and they just have to find a way to keep Brown down low making simple plays, not skating to the point and attempting to dangle.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

View attachment 511865

Did you watch the game or hide under the covers in your Captain Brownie onesie waiting for the stat sheet to come out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad