GDT: 2021-22 season game 50 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 2/19/22

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Very strong win against the landfills. IIRC this is the final game the Kings will ever play in Gila River Arena. Next season they'll be in the ASU cafegymatorium.

Why does everyone excuse Chychrun's output this season due to him being on a bad team while Gostisbehere is having a great season on the same team

He's having a very strong year. For the record, last offseason I proposed a combo deal for Ghost and Konecny.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Why does everyone excuse Chychrun's output this season due to him being on a bad team while Gostisbehere is having a great season on the same team
That uncomfortable truth is hard for some to even acknowledge, much less discuss.

I cannot wrap my head around how someone like Chychrun can be put up on such a pedestal. Good player, but far from the potential game breaker he is anointed to be.

Reactions: YAYSAY and kinghock

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – DOUGHTY & KEMPE IN BEAST MODE TONIGHT IN GLENDALE
The best thing about the beat LA chant is that it annoys LA people who say "you're not Boston!" Edition

TheLegend :
25a9279e-fa27-4449-990d-4d0fc145aa8f_text.gif

Summer Rose : f*** the Kings!
Jamieh : In my early AZ days I had tickets to the Suns and the Coyotes. Those Beat LA chants downtown were awesome. So loud and all night long.
LittlePipes : I have a strong dislike for Dustin Brown
LittlePipes : in my mind, the hit on rosival still demands payback
GiveAFlyingPuck : Kings beat Vegas last night. Second game of a back to back for them, we haven't played a game in a week, incoming loss.
Coyotedroppings : I despise the beat LA chant, it's like a proclamation of inferiority.
Dirty Old Man : The best thing about the beat LA chant is that it annoys LA people who say "you're not Boston! Shut up!" .... like one has to be from Boston to hate you...
ck26 : 2014 12OA we got Brendan Perlini
2014 29OA they got Adrian Kempe, who just scored his 22d goal of the year
... hurts to miss that one.
Neighborhood Coyote : Hayton trying to hit Brown... I love it.
Llewzaher:

Murf : Californians are happy, because they aren’t in California and the Kings scored again.
ck26 : Refugee discount for any Coyotes fan who proves they used to live in CA.
GiveAFlyingPuck : It was fun for about 45 minutes.
GiveAFlyingPuck. : DEFEND THE DEFICIT!
Summer Rose : Liam O'Brien needs to start a fight.

That's all she wrote. Not too many Yotes fans these days... were there ever really that many to begin with? Just trade us Jakob Chychrun and start your rebuild, again.

The Coyotes announced on Thursday that they've reached an agreement with Arizona State University to play at the Sun Devils' new multipurpose arena beginning in the 2022-23 season.

"As long as it's only temporary, I think fans can have a lot of fun with it," Bettman told ESPN during All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas. "Think about the 5,000 people, the type of intimate experience they are going to have."

To any Cryotes fan still a bit cheeky about the hit on Rosy by Brown, I leave you this:
dustin-brown-hit.jpg

146211207.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Marcel Dionne, Charlie Simmer, Luc Robitaille, Jimmy Carson, Wayne Gretzky and Bernie Nicholls.
Marcel Dionne scored 50 or more goals in a season for the Kings six times. Bernie Nicholls is the all-time single season record holder for the Kings with 70 goals in one season.

Last edited:
Reactions: deaderhead28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I caught the game late, and I imagine many were just as livid as I was at 2-1, then 3-1. Seriously Cal , make a big stop now and then when you've only seen 7 shots. That full minute of puck control at the end of the 1st was both impressive and sad...not a single shot.Doughty passing up the wide open shot only to pass it into a skate is why he never became an elite scoring dman. Glad he made up for it with the pp goal and then they scored 4 unanswered goals for the win.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He also played a lot against our bottom two lines tonight, one of the few times he was matched up against the top line Kempe scored. For sure they tried to get Stralman out there whenever they could against Kopitar's line.

You can see his talent, but he's nowhere worth the packages being tossed around. Every time I watch him I get the flair over solid play vibe. His intensity and effort on the ice is lacking too, but I kind of understand that just from the constant losing. I'd still take him for a fair price, but I just don't see him as a good fit.

I'm glad someone brought this up. He was not out against the best lines and was not impressive at all. His age and contract are driving the cost of aquiring him, and I would not give up 2 first from what I saw tonight.

Reactions: TruKingFan

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
How does a player go from 2 points in his first 22 games of the year, and now 19 points in last 20 games.

C'mon moore, do you suck, or do you blow (us outta the water), time to make up your mind!

Biggest surprise of the year, with Durzi a close 2nd.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Very strong win against the landfills. IIRC this is the final game the Kings will ever play in Gila River Arena. Next season they'll be in the ASU cafegymatorium.

He's having a very strong year. For the record, last offseason I proposed a combo deal for Ghost and Konecny.

isnt our next game there again on Wednesday?

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Biggest surprise of the year, with Durzi a close 2nd.
There's no wrong answer....but i have it the other way around. Moore showed this talent/production in some small batches last year and looked great over the summer for USA.
Durzi, on the other hand, was not even on the radar. You could make the case that most didn't even think he'd ever be an NHL player (maybe years from now as a bottom pairing guy) -- let alone do what he is doing THIS year. It's just an insane out-of-nowhere rise in such a short period of time.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
There's no wrong answer....but i have it the other way around. Moore showed this talent/production in some small batches last year and looked great over the showing for USA.
Durzi, on the other hand, was not even on the radar. You could make the case that most didn't even think he'd ever be an NHL player (maybe years from now as a bottom pairing guy) -- let alone do what he is doing THIS year. It's just an insane out-of-nowhere rise in such a short period of time.

Agreed. Moore showed his versatility last year for people paying attention.

Durzi is a surprise even to the Kings' coaching staff. Else he would have been the first call-up over Clague, Strand, etc.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What's remarkable about the Kings recent road record is that they've done it while having bad special teams.

They're not particularly good in 3on3 or the shootout. They're not good on the PK or PP. Goaltending has been mostly mediocre. Yet they're still winning all these road games.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What's remarkable about the Kings recent road record is that they've done it while having bad special teams.

They're not particularly good in 3on3 or the shootout. They're not good on the PK or PP. Goaltending has been mostly mediocre. Yet they're still winning all these road games.

It’s so crazy to me because they’re probably most like the 2010 Kings emerging, yet they have the underlying ‘holy shit’ numbers of the 2012 Kings, doing so well while still CLEARLY having another level they can go to without any major roster changes (ie fix PP or PK or both, goaltending, get 1st line going consistently and 3rd line going period).

Reactions: kingsfan28

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It’s so crazy to me because they’re probably most like the 2010 Kings emerging, yet they have the underlying ‘holy shit’ numbers of the 2012 Kings, doing so well while still CLEARLY having another level they can go to without any major roster changes (ie fix PP or PK or both, goaltending, get 1st line going consistently and 3rd line going period).
What's weird about this team is they it doesn't feel like they're a good team.

They remind me more of the 2001-02 team. That team started the year 5–11–1–2, then won a bunch of games down the stretch to finish 40–27–11–4 and make the playoffs. They took the Avalanche to 7 games in the 1st round.

That team was so good on on special teams though.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The first goal Peterson gave up was played about as poorly as a goalie can play one in that situation.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad