GDT: 2021-22 season game 50 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 2/19/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think anything reasonable that forces goalies to adapt and dmen to move will increase offense and thus be good for the game.

nit trying to cheapen it either because obviously it’s impressive at the nhl level but I think people are
Overestimating they general difficulty of the move, almost any player of even moderate/high skill can do this move at a good enough level to score. I practically guarantee 99% of NHLers have zero problem pulling it off.

Reactions: tny760

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I think anything reasonable that forces goalies to adapt and dmen to move will increase offense and thus be good for the game.

nit trying to cheapen it either because obviously it’s impressive at the nhl level but I think people are
Overestimating they general difficulty of the move, almost any player of even moderate/high skill can do this move at a good enough level to score. I practically guarantee 99% of NHLers have zero problem pulling it off.

I agree that all could pull it off just messing around on the ice, but pulling it off under the pressure and speed of a game is entirely different. I would think the % of NHLers who could actually pull it off in a game is considerably smaller.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Well shit, thanks for making me feel like shit lmao, I remember trying to do this back in 93-94-95......though....I am/was a goalie lmao

Doing the move isn't the issue, its doing it and not getting killed......these days easier, but still...awareness matters

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I agree that all could pull it off just messing around on the ice, but pulling it off under the pressure and speed of a game is entirely different. I would think the % of NHLers who could actually pull it off in a game is considerably smaller.
i'd think it's less pressure of the game, more of the "am i going to get benched or crosschecked in the teeth for this" deterrent

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

agree with that I guess I’m just saying it’s not SO radical that torts should be having a coronary about it

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It really on works when the goalie doesn't know where the puck is and neither do the defenders. It's a fancier wraparound goal.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It really on works when the goalie doesn't know where the puck is and neither do the defenders. It's a fancier wraparound goal.

I always wonder if you do a lacrosse type goal, and hit the goalie in the mask while doing it, are you getting a penalty and does the goal not count?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad