GDT: 2021-22 season game 45 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @10:00am 1/29/22

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Those two are the biggest issue with the powerplay. Possibly the two worst regular powerplay skaters in the league.

Those two aren't even close to being the big issue. Are they carrying the puck in, are they winning draws only to give it right back and cleared, shooting from the point into shins or not getting a shot through, passing into the middle when theres no open man, missing open shots on one timers high and wide, turning the puck over at the blueline, I could go on and on...like getting NO shots on goal 4/5 pp vs the Avs [ not the first time]. So yeah, those 2 are the issue.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Did the ref just ignore Hart playing the puck over the line? I looked at it a bunch of times and it looks like he bought it over the line, then back. This is where his stick was before you see the puck.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.09.05 AM.png

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
One of the weirder stats I've seen recently is that the 95-96 Colorado Avalanche are tied with 2 other teams for most SHGA in a season, with 22.

The other two are the 84-85 Penguins and the 91-92 North Stars.

Wow, I didn't expect that Colorado team to have so many.

They also had 21 SHG themselves.

The Kings even have 5 to their 7 against.

No one outside the organization understands. Theres sheltering and theres the Kings handling Byfield and Turcotte at the NHL level. Treating them like bubble boy. Cant expose them to any meaningful minutes or situations. Its either they dont believe in them all that much, think theyll ruin playoff dreams, or want to keep them out of the pressure/media spotlight.

Or, they have Kopitar and Danault. Throw in a coach's dream in Lizotte, although he's also at about a minute less per game from last year, and the spots for these young C's to play aren't there. Well no, they are there, but this coach, and probably most coaches, will play Kopitar and Danault. Whatever we thought Danault was going to do to Kopitar, is not happening.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Or, they have Kopitar and Danault. Throw in a coach's dream in Lizotte, although he's also at about a minute less per game from last year, and the spots for these young C's to play aren't there. Well no, they are there, but this coach, and probably most coaches, will play Kopitar and Danault. Whatever we thought Danault was going to do to Kopitar, is not happening.
If the reason no one else deserves to play meaningful roles is because of Kopitar it doesnt make sense. His play this year hasnt warranted it and they had to tank because Kopitar couldnt get it done anymore.
If the reason no one else deserves to play meaningful roles is because of Danault then the signing means they dont think their draft picks are any good like I said before.
Lizotte doesnt get much prime time even when hes having a good game so hes not the reason.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If the reason no one else deserves to play meaningful roles is because of Kopitar it doesnt make sense. His play this year hasnt warranted it and they had to tank because Kopitar couldnt get it done anymore.
If the reason no one else deserves to play meaningful roles is because of Danault then the signing means they dont think their draft picks are any good like I said before.
Lizotte doesnt get much prime time even when hes having a good game so hes not the reason.

The coach loves to play Kopitar, regardless of what he's doing. They tanked because the team quit in the 2018 training camp. And Danault was brought in to show the vets here that the team wants to compete. Not just Doughty and Kopitar, but also the Iafallo/Kempe/Petersen types. They don't want to waste years either.

Like I said, Byfield could be playing a lot more. He could be getting 1C minutes if the coach put him out there. Kopitar, with reduced minutes on a 2nd line, but still in offensive situations. Danault, perfect 3C. All of this is the coach's choice. Blake gave him options, and TM is leaning heavily on veterans. Same with Kaliyev. Moore doesn't have to be on the 2nd line. Those extra 2 minutes that Moore gets at ES could be going to Kaliyev, but the coach chooses not to do that. That doesn't mean upper management doesn't think Byfield or Kaliyev aren't any good. However, you also don't want upper management dictating what a coach does game to game. If you're going to have a head coach, he needs to have autonomy. You can disagree with what he's doing, and want someone that will do something different, but then you have to fire the coach. However, the Kings are currently in the playoff race, and coaches tend to not get fired when the team is at least somewhat successful.

Reactions: Schmooley

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If there's one play that sums up the special teams problems, it's the shorty making it 3-1. Cleanly win the draw, bank it off the boards to no one, passed Doughty, who was going right when the puck was going left for a breakaway goal. That's 7 times its happened and they've lost all 7 games because of that. TM must be livid every time it happens.
Why would TM be livid? He’s the dumbass that keeps putting the same shitheads out there to fail in the same way game in game out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad