2021-22 Scoring Leaders #3

2021-22 Scoring Leaders #3

• Total voters

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think Kane is going to put up some sick numbers this year. He would have last year, he was second for a long time, then he was playing injured for a third of the year and he is not often injured.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
However, in another poll (top players) Draisaitl is ranked 4th best player?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Mackinnon

Kucherov wasn’t even a top contender for the Art Ross the year prior to his surgery, and he’s going to be really hungover based on how this summer has gone

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Mackinnon

Kucherov wasn’t even a top contender for the Art Ross the year prior to his surgery, and he’s going to be really hungover based on how this summer has gone

Kucherov wasn’t a contender but MacK was?

Kucherov pt finishes: 1,3,5,7
MacK pt finishes: 5,5,7,8

Also, MacK has never finished within 10pts of the Ross winner. He's never been a contender.

Reactions: alexgreeen

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Kucherov wasn’t a contender but MacK was?

Kucherov pt finishes: 1,3,5,7
MacK pt finishes: 5,5,7,8

Also, MacK has never finished within 10pts of the Ross winner. He's never been a contender.
We are voting for 3rd place right now. Not 1st. He’s obviously not the Art Ross favorite due to the Oilers duo, but after them Mackinnon is as likely as anyone.

Last year Mackinnon came in 5th place, 2 points behind Pasta/Panarin who tied for 3rd with 95 points. Kucherov had 85.

Which is our most recent sample to analyze since Kucherov missed this past year.
He’s won 2 Stanley cups now, he’s going to be less motivated in the regular season since his team is a lock for the playoffs. And he is likely not training as hard this off season compared to the other guys in Art Ross contention, which is deserved based on his recent success.

Mackinnon is also 2 years younger as well.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
We are voting for 3rd place right now. Not 1st. He’s obviously not the Art Ross favorite due to the Oilers duo, but after them Mackinnon is as likely as anyone.

Last year Mackinnon came in 5th place, 2 points behind Pasta/Panarin who tied for 3rd with 95 points. Kucherov had 85.

Which is our most recent sample to analyze since Kucherov missed this past year.
He’s won 2 Stanley cups now, he’s going to be less motivated in the regular season since his team is a lock for the playoffs. And he is likely not training as hard this off season compared to the other guys in Art Ross contention, which is deserved based on his recent success.

Mackinnon is also 2 years younger as well.

MacK has never finished higher than 5th.

This is all just speculation. I heard the same thing about OV after his cup win and partying but he came back and won the rocket and was 1st AST.

Age would matter if Kucherov was like 40. He's only 28.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Kucherov.

MacKinnon then Panarin following it to round out the top 5.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I voted Kucherov, but I do wonder if he'll take it easy in the regular season after two cup wins. As mentioned, he wasn't that close to the leader boards in '20 after the team seemed to coast more in the regular season after the first round loss the year before. I have a nagging feeling it might be Panarin and I think MacK ends up 5th again.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Mack, Kuch, Matthews and Marner in some order for the next four
Why would Matthews be near the top of this list at all? Let alone a top 5 contender in points. He’s never been in Art Ross contention, and Marner has more frequently lead the leafs in points.

He’d surely be behind Panarin, Kane, and Marner at least

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He was a top 5 scorer this year? lmao
What's funny is that marner and matthews have had as high of a point finish mack has ever had(albeit he's been up there more regularly). The same argument he's using for mack could be used on the leafs players, they are younger too lol.

I hope matthews and marner don't finish near the top. Save the energy and health and go win a f***ing round.

Ima Leafs fan.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He was a top 5 scorer this year? lmao

Rantanen and Kane had just as many points. Along being behind McDavid, Draisaitl, Marchand and Marner. You didn’t even mention Marchand.
Mackinnon had a better pace. And Kucherov didn’t even play last season.
And that’s just looking at last year, his case gets significantly worse when you go beyond that.

His point finishes in his career have been: 3 way tied for 5th, 9th, 42nd, 58th, 4 way tied for 20th

So I really don’t see how Matthews is a top 5 contender for the Art Ross.

Marner, Marchand, Huberdeau, Barkov, Crosby, Panarin, Kane, Pastarnak have all had 90+ point seasons and Matthews has never even scored over 80 in a season.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Rantanen and Kane had just as many points. Along being behind McDavid, Draisaitl, Marchand and Marner. You didn’t even mention Marchand.
Mackinnon had a better pace. And Kucherov didn’t even play last season.
And that’s just looking at last year, his case gets significantly worse when you go beyond that.

His point finishes in his career have been: 3 way tied for 5th, 9th, 42nd, 58th, 4 way tied for 20th

So I really don’t see how Matthews is a top 5 contender for the Art Ross.

Marner, Marchand, Huberdeau, Barkov, Crosby, Panarin, Kane, Pastarnak have all had 90+ point seasons and Matthews has never even scored over 80 in a season.
kane played more. I submitted my list. You critiqued it not me. Matthews is younger than the others and already finished top 5. Not surprising he'd continue to improve. Somebody isn't happy hahaha. Marchand could very well be there too I just put me list.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
kane played more. I submitted my list. You critiqued it not me. Matthews is younger than the others and already finished top 5. Not surprising he'd continue to improve. Somebody isn't happy hahaha. Marchand could very well be there too I just put me list.
Just seems like another case of Matthews being forced into conversations he doesn’t really belong in. Aka all the painful to listen to “is Matthews the best player in the NHL” discussions that TSN loves to have

If any leaf player is going to compete for the Art Ross precedent would predict Marner. But all the leaf fans are down on him right now, so they don’t want to pump his tires even if he deserves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad