2021/22 Roster Thread XVI: Onto the trade deadline (March 21) and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
If the org really want lv to challenge for a calder cup, there's little hope we'll see any of the young talent brought up. Which ofc is just another excuse for playing the washed ups over youth.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Makes way more sense that the leaks would originate from Giroux's side.

1. He's obviously making the decision based on conversations with family. You think his wife didn't tell friends they'd be going to Florida?

2. Giroux almost certainly told his teammates. You think players around the league weren't texting G and his teammates trying to get the scoop?

But even ignoring those elements, you think Joe Sakic and Bill Zito weren't in communication?

This wasn't a mystery for Zito to figure out, any more than it was a mystery to Boston with Taylor Hall last year.

Yes, we are aware that you think everything bad that Fletcher does is the fault of everyone else except Fletcher

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If the org really want lv to challenge for a calder cup, there's little hope we'll see any of the young talent brought up. Which ofc is just another excuse for playing the washed ups over youth.

The Flyers have to play 20 games in 39 days and currently only have 18 healthy players available.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Actually, keeping the bums on the ice pays dividends; better draft position through losing. Keeping the young guys away from the Flyers also helps with their development. What does Yandle, Conaughton, Seeler, etc. and the present coaching staff have to offer to a young player that would benefit their professional growth? The rest of the season should be pretty ugly in Philly. I don't want to expose prospects to that. Now if they had the next HC and his staff lined up, that would be a different situation.
Don't want to watch it either. I'm in the Detroit area and could go to the game tonight. Tix are cheap. However i don't want to waste my time and gas to go to see this mess that is the Flyers.

Reactions: smokey

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m not sure the Flyers have a single player on their roster who would QB a mid-tier PP1, let alone high-end. Someone has to get that ice time, so someone has to score, but the results and eye test speak for themselves. Konecny has never been that guy to me. At best, maybe a 4-5 support guy (Couturier, Konecny, Farabee, etc). And the possibly best PP d man on the roster doesn’t see PP time. Frost has the potential, but he needs to get the keys and prove it. Brink has half-wall potential too, looking further out.

This team does a horrific job coaching and evaluating the PP, so it's a big whatever anyway. Just get 5 shooters.

Last edited:

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This is the prelude to training camp. If guys like strome and hogberg aren't getting looks then they won't be in the loop when attempts are made to improve the roster for September.
This is more about staying in shape for the veteran guys. I'd be expecting any ache or bruise to be a recall.
Put the young core guys in key positions tk sanheim etc see how they perform

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
FLyers may also put some players on waivers after the TDL, maybe move one or two to a team that has injuries, even if they're not PO eligible (or wants to rest a dinged-up starter).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m not sure the Flyers have a single player on their roster who would QB a mid-tier PP1, let alone high-end. Someone has to get that ice time, so someone has to score, but the results and eye test speak for themselves. Konecny has never been that guy to me. At best, maybe a 4-5 support guy (Couturier, Konecny, Farabee, etc). And the possibly best PP d man on the roster doesn’t see PP time. Frost has the potential, but he needs to get the keys and prove it. Brink has half-wall potential too, looking further out.

This team does a horrific job coaching and evaluating the PP, so it's a big whatever anyway. Just get 5 shooters.

Look, the crowd yells "shoot" not "pass." Fletcher has to obey literally everyone around him, so he has to build the roster to give those people what they want.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

And the PK. And ES.

• Wow
Reactions: Tripod and Magua

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think your people understand how hard it is to eagerly please every single demand everyone in the league makes of you. Give Fletcher some respect.

Reactions: Magua

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Look, the crowd yells "shoot" not "pass." Fletcher has to obey literally everyone around him, so he has to build the roster to give those people what they want.
As a young boy growing up in a small riverside village Chuck Fletcher disobeyed his parents one too many times, so the ancient Grimclarke woke up from his slumber and cursed him to never be able to deny a request for the rest of his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad