2021/22 Roster Thread XVI: Onto the trade deadline (March 21) and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’d rather see Sanhero on the PP than Provorov or Yandle. Because what is there to lose?

That said, I’ve seen Sanhero get looks on the PP before, & it’s always been extremely awkward. He’s not a “quarterback” type. Not a distributor, not particularly poised with the puck. I’ve seen him trip over himself at his offensive blueline more often than any D I can recall. So I don’t think he’s going to be much of a solution there. Ultimately, York will be the guy.

Reactions: tucson83

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers have a lot of potential assets to move, not just G, so they're collecting information.
When you go to negotiate a deal, you want to know the potential trade partner's cap situation, draft picks and top prospects.
You don't know where a deal will end up, maybe a simple draft pick trade, maybe a three way deal with picks, prospects and cap money being swapped around.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And I have no problem with second tier prospects with NHL upside over 2nd and 3rd rd picks - the odds of finding a "star" after the first round are somewhere in the 4-5% area, 7-12% for a long-term starter. So getting a prospect with a good probability of actually contributing is fine. And some of those prospects that get traded (Dumoulin is an example) can surprise.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The bulk of TDL trades occur starting about 7 days before the TDL, which is next Monday.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
The Flyers staff is busy in the same way that MacEwen is on the ice.

Lots of movement, lots of noise about it, but ultimately absolutely zero positive impact towards wins.

I actually like Mac a lot. Obviously in the limited of limited roles, but I hope he's here next year. I do believe you want a guy like him.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Just curious how you fans would feel about trading Giroux to the Rangers. Let’s say it’s for a return that you consider fair whatever that is.

Im wondering since there’s been flyer scouts at the Rangers AHL games and word of Rangers wanting to make a big move.

I personally am iffy on a potential trade considering it’s a division rival and price will probably be high. I’m sure Giroux is also a fan fav over here? So not expecting many pleased responses lol

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Just curious how you fans would feel about trading Giroux to the Rangers. Let’s say it’s for a return that you consider fair whatever that is.

Im wondering since there’s been flyer scouts at the Rangers AHL games and word of Rangers wanting to make a big move.

I personally am iffy on a potential trade considering it’s a division rival and price will probably be high. I’m sure Giroux is also a fan fav over here? So not expecting many pleased responses lol

Truly sickening. Especially if they win.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Not acceptable.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I actually like Mac a lot. Obviously in the limited of limited roles, but I hope he's here next year. I do believe you want a guy like him.
Absolutely not. He’s completely useless.

And even if we pretend fighting makes any difference, which is literally the only thing he even does, you then need to find someone who can also play hockey at an NHL level. You don’t just throw a boxer on skates and pretend that’s acceptable.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

IF I was GM of the Flyers, I'd trade Giroux to the team that offered the best possible return for the Flyers. I don't care if it's the Rangers, Pens, Panthers, Avs, Canes. Whoever. Best combo and value of prospects and picks. Period.

Same for Giroux as for Risto, Braun, Yandle, Brassard, JVR and Jones. Trade them all for whatever we can get, they aren't needed next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad