Speculation: 2021-22 Roster Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
What’s the plan for John Moore?

Depends on what Verbeek does to shore up the defense in the offseason. If he isn't able to do much, I'd guess he gets a shot to make the team at training camp if he's healthy. He's got a little size, which is something our blueline is lacking. I'm not privy to how he plays but maybe he could fight out the bottom pairing left side spot with Benoit.

On the other hand, I don't know how much he's in Verbeek's plans since it seems like he acquired Moore just to flip him to Vegas for Dadonov.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Depends on what Verbeek does to shore up the defense in the offseason. If he isn't able to do much, I'd guess he gets a shot to make the team at training camp if he's healthy. He's got a little size, which is something our blueline is lacking. I'm not privy to how he plays but maybe he could fight out the bottom pairing left side spot with Benoit.

On the other hand, I don't know how much he's in Verbeek's plans since it seems like he acquired Moore just to flip him to Vegas for Dadonov.
He seems like the ideal 7D, makes it so a young player doesn't have to sit. If anyone gets injured, we can just call someone up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
LMAO at the Kesler part

Larsson impression was also money in the Kesler scene.

This is brilliant and definitely one of the best Ducks SM content in a while. Probably not only Ducks but anyone in the NHL. I hope more of these will come, it's a great way to keep fans entertained during the offseason.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What’s the plan for John Moore?

I think the preference is to trade him. I see him as a likely trade candidate going the other way if the salary we trade for is considerably higher. If that doesn't come to fruition, my guess is he just stays on to help us get to the cap floor. I don't think he'll be bought out.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think the preference is to trade him. I see him as a likely trade candidate going the other way if the salary we trade for is considerably higher. If that doesn't come to fruition, my guess is he just stays on to help us get to the cap floor. I don't think he'll be bought out.

He probably won't be bought out, but I do think the idea has merit. The savings from the buyout pretty much wash out with any cheap D you bring in to replace him on the roster as a 7th D. If the spot gets used on someone with any upside at all, it's well worth it for the slight increase in cost that we need to spend anyway.

Getting close to splitting hairs but I'd rather have that spot available to protect a younger D from waivers or maybe be able to snatch the most intriguing young D off the waiver wire.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He probably won't be bought out, but I do think the idea has merit. The savings from the buyout pretty much wash out with any cheap D you bring in to replace him on the roster as a 7th D. If the spot gets used on someone with any upside at all, it's well worth it for the slight increase in cost that we need to spend anyway.

Getting close to splitting hairs but I'd rather have that spot available to protect a younger D from waivers or maybe be able to snatch the most intriguing young D off the waiver wire.
Well those aren't the only options. You can put anyone else in that 7th D spot anyway, he doesn't have an NMC.

I also wonder if that's any kind of debate at all. Maybe they were in a beggars can't be choosers situation but I have doubts Vegas takes him on willingly if they expect him to be available next season. I wonder if he's just headed for Robidas Island.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Well those aren't the only options. You can put anyone else in that 7th D spot anyway, he doesn't have an NMC.

I also wonder if that's any kind of debate at all. Maybe they were in a beggars can't be choosers situation but I have doubts Vegas takes him on willingly if they expect him to be available next season. I wonder if he's just headed for Robidas Island.

Yeah I'm not sure if we've ever been told anything about his health situation or not. I don't believe he played after sustaining an upper body injury in January. But also didn't play very much this year after having major hip surgery last March.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I don’t disagree but if you’d rather protect the younger D from waivers, wouldn’t you just waive Moore and send him down if not claimed?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don’t disagree but if you’d rather protect the younger D from waivers, wouldn’t you just waive Moore and send him down if not claimed?

I don't see much point in paying him his 2,250,000 salary to play in the AHL. If he's not going to be on the NHL roster/IR and no trade materializes, it makes sense to save the 750k from a buyout. I don't know why I care about saving the Samueli's money but that's just how my mind operates.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't see much point in paying him his 2,250,000 salary to play in the AHL. If he's not going to be on the NHL roster/IR and no trade materializes, it makes sense to save the 750k from a buyout. I don't know why I care about saving the Samueli's money but that's just how my mind operates.
I think if you're likely to pay a veteran close to 750k to be that kind of presence in San Diego anyway you might as well just have Moore be that guy and avoid everything else. I dunno, it's possible but I don't really see it.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Larsson impression was also money in the Kesler scene.

This is brilliant and definitely one of the best Ducks SM content in a while. Probably not only Ducks but anyone in the NHL. I hope more of these will come, it's a great way to keep fans entertained during the offseason.

actually gold

Reminds me of the skits with Bobby Ryan vs the Gold medal Canadiens in Getz, Scottie, and Pears!

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I get where you’re coming from but I don’t agree. I’d rather just use Moore for that role and not have his cap impact extend beyond this coming season.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I posted some of these dates on the other thread, I assume this was the best thread…

With the NHL offseason underway, here are some important dates for Ducks fans to mark on their calendar.

June 21: NHL Awards in Tampa Bay
July 7-8: NHL Draft at Bell Centre in Montreal
July 11-16: Ducks Development Camp at Great Park Ice
July 13: Free Agency Begins
August 9-20: IIHF World Junior Championships in Alberta
September 16-19: Rookie Showcase Tournament in San Jose

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
he'll be fine. Getz wasn't the reason Terry was doing well.
If anything Terry made Getzlaf look much better, a bad analogy i have is its like a young person helping a senior citizen with a bad back walk across the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad