Speculation: 2021-22 Roster Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
With Getzlaf gone, is anyone worried about Terry regressing? Or can be be a line driver on his own?

I think he'll regress a bit, but mostly due to the fact he had a career best shooting percentage last year. I expect he'll pot closer to 30 than 40 if he remains healthy.

That said, if he plays with Henrique (and possibly McTavish) I think his assist numbers would go up. So we could be looking at a 30g 40a season.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
1656442772564.png

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think he was plenty of a line driver last year. His goals probably go down, but there is room for his assists total to go up. Before last year, that was really the type of player he was anyway.
Also Getzlaf was unable to score goals and he was shooting alot, Terry probably lost alot of assists to Getzlaf not scoring a goal.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
he'll be fine. Getz wasn't the reason Terry was doing well.

Odd take. Without Getz, that line would struggle to win the puck back in the defensive zone. Also, Getz set up Terry often, especially on passes that lead to Terry breakaways.

That's what I'll miss about Getz is his physical play in the corners to win pucks so that we're not hemmed in defensively or keep the puck in the offensive zone. With McTavish coming onto the scene next season, I feel a lot better b/c McTavish can play that role... just lacking the experience.

If Terry is with Zegras, then they'll score a lot as Terry will understand Zegras' mind to find that chemistry. The only problem is they need a banger on that line to do the dirty work. That could be Comtois or Jones or a FA.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Craig Button had a lot of class.
I still remember this draft so well, seeing Bob Murray have that big grin on his face while calling Cam's name because he knew Dallas just gave the Ducks Fowler. They were not expecting him to be there lol.
Mcillrath was very much the Bischel of his draft class, overrated because of his 6'5 size and meanness.

12 years later i'd say its nice how long Fowler has been a Duck. Overally a pretty good career.
His best season came when the Ducks were bad (he had 42 points in 76 games 2021-22), if the Ducks had a better supporting cast he would have easily hit 50+ points this past season.

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This is flat out wrong, but keep believing in it.

They are also two very different defenseman!
Both were overvalued because of Size and toughness.
They are from different era's of course they are different. Its been 12 years since the 2010 draft.
We now see bigger players becoming more focused on better skating and puck skills
Todays game the bigger Dmen got to focus on improving their skating way more than before.

In Mcilrath's era there was a ton of defensive Dmen who were like Andy Sutton and Bryan Allen where being slow wasn't as much of a liability as long as they cleared the crease, landed a ton of hits, blocked shots with their big frame and punched people.

It'll be interesting to see how #TeamBischel reacts when the Ducks don't pick him at #10 lol.

Reactions: Elvs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Both were overvalued because of Size and toughness.
They are from different era's of course they are different. Its been 12 years since the 2010 draft.
We now see bigger players becoming more focused on better skating and puck skills
Todays game the bigger Dmen got to focus on improving their skating way more than before.

In Mcilrath's era there was a ton of defensive Dmen who were like Andy Sutton and Bryan Allen where being slow wasn't as much of a liability as long as they cleared the crease, landed a ton of hits, blocked shots with their big frame and punched people.

It'll be interesting to see how #TeamBischel reacts when the Ducks don't pick him at #10 lol.

Yeah, I don't think an 18 year old McIlrath would've made an SHL roster. I'll admit I haven't seen Bichsel much at all, but when he's ranked as high as he is I'm thinking he must be doing something right on the big ice surface.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like the NHL schedule for 2022-23 will be out later today.

This tweet was from yesterday.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Guessing Badini, Larsson, and Durny all get nontendered?

Likely accurate.

Also, this may have already been mentioned, but I believe Brendan Guhle signed in Germany and is off to Europe, don’t know if we maintain his rights

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope Drysdale shows more dynamic ability like he did his rookie year this year (walking the line, holding onto the puck to create for others, going for a skate) . He was playing way too safe and that ain't gonna work because right now even playing that way he sucks defensively. I know Eakins tried to make him play responsible game while we were "winning" but I rather give him more freedom and let him develop more offense and play driving this year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hope Drysdale shows more dynamic ability like he did his rookie year this year (walking the line, holding onto the puck to create for others, going for a skate) . He was playing way too safe and that ain't gonna work because right now even playing that way he sucks defensively. I know Eakins tried to make him play responsible game while we were "winning" but I rather give him more freedom and let him develop more offense and play driving this year.
I think hell make significant jumps this year and next... i just hope we can find him a solid partner... cause i dont think Fowler or Vaaks are really the right play for his pairing.

He was kinda put in a bad situation.... an undersized 18/19 year old joining a bad team and being expected to be a top player on the blue line, isnt exactly ideal.

The games where he looked like a future star, were the games where he was decisive and aggressive with the puck on his stick, unfortunately we didnt see him push the game as much as he should have.

Reactions: Yemeth and bsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad