Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Unless you have a ranking that includes character and grit ... GTFO.

:sarcasm:

This is what Starry was referring to Captain Awesome BTW. It's typically significant to have players with such high points per game, and they're often safer bets/bust less often. There's a reason a guy like Stranges or even Arcuri isn't on the list but Johnston, Stankoven, and Borque are. Even with some decent production, yeah there's a high probability Stranges, Arcuri, etc don't make a significant NHL impact. They may not ultimately all be 1st line players, but it would be surprising to not see Johnston, Stankoven, and Bourque at least contributing to the NHL Top 9.

It's not unrealistic to think Bourque, Johnson, and Stankoven could all be in the Dallas lineup within 2 to 3 years playing with Hintz, Robertson, Benn, and Seguin. Obviously, Gurianov is a bit of an unknown and could be gone by the point (free agency/trade).

I fully understand that these guys are having fantastic seasons. What really gets me is that if you had a crystal ball and knew these guys would all be top 6 players in 2-3 years, you'd still only have 5 top 6 forwards. That's just how putrid the forward depth on this team is. Maybe Damiani or Gurianov get to place where you get to 6, or Seguin bounces back in a big way. My point still stands, everything has to go perfectly right to get this team to a good place.

Your other post about how the pro and amateur sides don't line up is something I've been thinking about for a while now. The two sides operate so radically differently that I can't help but think that Nill is not running one of them, or McDonnell has taken a step back. I could understand switching things up when they aren't working, what I can't understand is doing what they're doing on the amateur side and turning around and grabbing Glendening type guys from the bargain bin in the same year while Toronto is grabbing guys like Bunting. I have a hard time believing the same person is making those decisions. In any case, the beauty of a GM is that you can fire them and keep the scouting staff in tact since they seem to be on a roll. In this specific instance, you can have your cake and eat it too.

As a random aside, are people still using NHLe? Is this some sort of derivative of it that people deem more respectable?

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Wyatt Johnston's 11 game point string just ended. I got to watch the 2nd half of the game. He wasn't noticeable good or bad, but he did have one shift with a stick-handling clinic in the offensive zone that unfortunately never resulted in a shot or scoring chance.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wyatt Johnston's 11 game point string just ended. I got to watch the 2nd half of the game. He wasn't noticeable good or bad, but he did have one shift with a stick-handling clinic in the offensive zone that unfortunately never resulted in a shot or scoring chance.

Hes slowing down a bit lately. Lost his league lead in points (has games in hand) but "only" 1 point in his last 2 games and 3 in his last 3. Odd to see his team put up 5 goals and him not involved in any of them on the scoresheet

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I hope Roulette puts a clause in his ELC that says no one is allowed to make puns based off of his name, the one in the clip was one too many.
I’ve heard him say it before. I think it’s his go-to call when Roulette scores.

We all know there is zero chance Razer will be able to stop himself from making similar puns if Roulette makes it.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Eriksson's first point (2nd assist) in 5 games. In the 5 games prior to that, he had 2 goals and 2 assists.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Ertel has been injured most of the season early. I think he's been back about a month. This was his first goal though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dellandrea has like 18 points in his last 20 AHL games after just 1 in his first 8. Goal and an assist tonight in Texas' 6-1 win

Johnston had 2 goals tonight

Arcuri with another goal as well

Roulette had a goal, that's 4 straight games for him

Stankoven had a goal and 2 assists

Johnston:

Arcuri:

Roulette:

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
5 point night for Stankoven - 3 goals, 2 assists

Top 10 in scoring in the WHL, with at least 7+ games in hand on everyone ahead of him and only 6 points back from 1st in the league. Best PPG in the league I believe.

Also, 23 points in his last 9 games.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man, the Stars have some really solid prospects now.

Add in their 1st & 2nd round picks this year, and their returns of any potential (hopefully) trades and it's looking reallyyyyy nice for the future. Could do a very quick rebuild/retool with those assets

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Another goal for Arcuri. He's got some quick hands and a nice shot. Good value for a 6th Round pick. 38 points in 33 games. Feels like he could've gone in the 3rd/4th round easily

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think the most impressive thing about that was despite the fact he looked like the smallest guy in the scrum and actually ended up on the ice, he's the one that actually won the puck battle.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
The Athletic are doing their 2022 prospect pool rankings and are on #11. Stars still haven't made the list wonder where they end up. Didn't expect anybody to put our prospect pool anywhere in the top 10. Exciting to see and we are still not even in the re-tool stage yet.

Reactions: Johno

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
The Athletic are doing their 2022 prospect pool rankings and are on #11. Stars still haven't made the list wonder where they end up. Didn't expect anybody to put our prospect pool anywhere in the top 10. Exciting to see and we are still not even in the re-tool stage yet.

Pronman’s pipeline ranking, at the start of the season, had the Stars at 11th. And that’s before our newest, shiny toys became some of the best among the junior leagues.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Pronman’s pipeline ranking, at the start of the season, had the Stars at 11th. And that’s before our newest, shiny toys became some of the best among the junior leagues.
Hard to imagine we could fall with the performances of Johnston and Stankhoven alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig