Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

I've read the new one is the english translation of his name written in belarussian directly translated into english while the old one was the english translation of his name written in russian.

Reactions: marty182

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sounds like he is in town already, getting setup for the season. Makes hockey feel a little closer. Plus, Traverse is only a couple weeks away.

Reactions: starsfan86

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So we drafted a forward-goalie tweener ? Cool Cool.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pronman on the Stars prospects: NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 12 Dallas Stars driven by Miro Heiskanen and Jason Robertson

Miro's skating: Above-average
Key graduates: Riley Tufte

WTF.

He still doesn't think Miro is an absolute elite skater, though he calls his skating "excellent" in the write up which is something I guess. But somehow that key graduate is more wrong.

I kinda get it. Miro is an elite north-south skater but he isn't very agile east to west compared to a guy like Makar. Walking the line or using fancy footwork to dance around guys isn't really his specialty although he is good at quick cuts in the O zone so he deserves a bit more credit there I suppose

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Why is miro even being talked about in this article ?

Athletic said:
Player Eligibility: All skaters who are 22 years old or younger as of Sept. 15, 2021, regardless of how many NHL games they’ve played, are included. Player heights and weights are from NHL Central Scouting measurements.

Tool grades: Tool grades are based on a scale with six separate levels with an eye toward how this attribute would grade in the NHL (Poor, below-average, average, above-average, high-end and elite). “Average” on this scale means the tool projects as NHL average, which is meant as a positive, not a criticism.

Skating, puck skills, hockey sense and compete for every projected NHL player is graded. Shot grades are only included if a shot is notably good or poor.

Tier Definitions: Tiers are meant to show roughly where in an average NHL lineup a player projects to slot in.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Pronman on the Stars prospects: NHL Pipeline Rankings: No. 12 Dallas Stars driven by Miro Heiskanen and Jason Robertson

Miro's skating: Above-average
Key graduates: Riley Tufte

WTF.

He still doesn't think Miro is an absolute elite skater, though he calls his skating "excellent" in the write up which is something I guess. But somehow that key graduate is more wrong.

The comments are hilarious. Stars fans hold a big grudge against Pronman for his Miro takes

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
We need to see if Miro can take his game to the elite category. Right now I see him as a high end number one, but he doesn't exhibit elite game changing talents like Makar has shown.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Not to take anything away from Makar because he is unreal, but he basically exclusively plays with Rantanan-McKinnon-Landeskog where Heiskanen just isnt put in a position to suceed like that.

Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Not to take anything away from Makar because he is unreal, but he basically exclusively plays with Rantanan-McKinnon-Landeskog where Heiskanen just isnt put in a position to suceed like that.

Are you trying to say that Rantanen-MacKinnon-Landeskog is somehow better than Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau ???

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We need to see if Miro can take his game to the elite category. Right now I see him as a high end number one, but he doesn't exhibit elite game changing talents like Makar has shown.

It's so hard to tell what his peak offensive potential is. Sometimes he shows small glimpses of stuff similar to what Makar does, other times he is extremely passive in the O zone. Is it a team thing? A player thing? Both? I don't think he is as offensively gifted as Makar (it's very tough to be), but I also don't think the difference is as drastic as their point total difference. Makar should put up higher numbers throughout his career as long as the Avs keep that offense going. Hopefully the Stars can find theirs

Problem is, almost everyone on the Avs plays the style Makar does or at least that aggressive offensive style. Their team system really plays into the benefit of guys like him more than any other team in the league. He's really in an ideal spot, but props to them for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad