2021-22 NCAA Division I Hockey Thread

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Gophers are quite terrible in front of their own net.

Almost killed them against UMass as well and may have killed them tonight as they can't get *anything* going.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of 2 periods, Minnesota 1 - MN State 2. State took over the game, and scored on two wrap-around goals. Dryden McKay solid in the Mavs net.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
MI & MN are great top 4 teams. MI lost to a top 4 team in OT & MN is only down 1 to a top 4 team and may go to the final.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Game #2 final score: Minnesota State 5 -Minnesota 1. Long 6-on-5 for the Gophers but State daggered it with an ENG. So it'll be Mavericks v Pioneers on Saturday in Boston to crown the 2022 DI men's champion.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Mavs just dominated that game physically and on the scoreboard. Thought maybe the gophers speed and skill would counter their physicality but that didn’t happen. Should be a dandy of a championship game

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
NCHC is just at another level right now. Michigan and Minnesota are very talented teams but they get plenty of easy games. We'll see how things go on Saturday but 4 titles and 2 runners up last 5 championships tells you how NCHC teams dominate due to preparing with so many games against top competition.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
1649424258872.png

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
In Canada will the final be on TV or can it on be streamed on TSN.ca ?

You could have asked me. I'm the token Canadian here.

Last night when the game went to OT, TSN was a bit slow to realize that it was switched from ESPN2 to ESPNU.

A buddy in PEI was watching and it took about 5 min of OT before he was able to get it. I was doing play-by-play on the phone. I have a FireStick and get all the channels.

Reactions: JMCx4

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Kent Johnson 3 year ELC with Columbus.

Also Nick Blankenburg 1 year contract

Owen Power 3 year ELC with Buffalo

Last edited:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Per TSN Twitter: Toronto Maple Leafs prospect, Matthew Knies is back in Minnesota. He’s expected to connect with the Leafs in the next 24-48hrs. No decision has been on next season, although sense is he’s leaning toward staying in school. TBD.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Per TSN Twitter: Toronto Maple Leafs prospect, Matthew Knies is back in Minnesota. He’s expected to connect with the Leafs in the next 24-48hrs. No decision has been on next season, although sense is he’s leaning toward staying in school. TBD.
Someone explain to me the pros and cons from the players perspective of staying another year? Is there a line of thinking that he's going to net more money and better opportunities after a great freshman year by staying a second year?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Someone explain to me the pros and cons from the players perspective of staying another year? Is there a line of thinking that he's going to net more money and better opportunities after a great freshman year by staying a second year?

Would you go to the Leafs?
Seriously he could have a better year following, win a championship or Hobey. That would upgrade his stock.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Would you go to the Leafs?
Seriously he could have a better year following, win a championship or Hobey. That would upgrade his stock.
Why not go to the Leafs? Get paid and build your game against better competition, plus start the clock on your pro contract. If he's following in Matthews path, why not?

I'm not debating it, just wondering what benefit a guy who was drafted gets by staying around after one year.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Why not go to the Leafs? Get paid and build your game against better competition, plus start the clock on your pro contract. If he's following in Matthews path, why not?

I'm not debating it, just wondering what benefit a guy who was drafted gets by staying around after one year.
I’m with you. Go pro and start earning a paycheck. Yes it’s a slim chance he could have a career ending injury going back to college but it could happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad