2021-22 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread - part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Switzerland
Gilles Senn (Switzerland, 26) - Drafted 2017, Unsigned. - HC Davos/Signed for '22-23. Must sign by 6/30/23 to remain NJ controlled.

2019-20
6.png
New Jersey Devils
NHL23.42.90200-1-0|
6.png
Binghamton Devils
AHL272.77.901117-7-2|
2020-21
6.png
Binghamton Devils
AHL173.56.89503-10-2|
2021-22
10.png
HC Davos
NL213.42.89617-10-1|
2022-23
10.png
HC Davos
NL-----|

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Checking out boxscores from the first day at the World Championship and forgot that France's Yohann Auvitu was a former Devil.

What was even more depressing on my part it took me a few seconds to realize the team for which Tomas Tatar currently plays

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Checking out boxscores from the first day at the World Championship and forgot that France's Yohann Auvitu was a former Devil.

What was even more depressing on my part it took me a few seconds to realize the team for which Tomas Tatar currently plays
Not only does Auvitu play for France, he got the award for best player of the game for his team.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Bader warning.
They mention that Cap Friendly has adjusted Pytlik’s rights expiration date from this June to June 2024, which must have just happened recently and is helpful. (I’m not going to bother to figure out why.)

So it’s just Baumgartner and Päkkilä who have rights that run out this June 1st.

Reactions: Tao Jersey Jones

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
So Baumgartner and Gritsyuk are similar in terms of NHL player potential and "star" potential.

Anyone still defending this clown?

My suspicion is that the model doesn't overreact to one bad year or one good year, especially not this late into a career. Someone like Gritsyuk going from barely playing in the KHL to a top line forward is rare, and likewise someone like Baumgartner putting up demonstrably worse stats at 22 versus 21 and 20 is also uncommon.

That said, it's pretty hard to find players who broke out like Gritsyuk and became great NHLers.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
My suspicion is that the model doesn't overreact to one bad year or one good year, especially not this late into a career. Someone like Gritsyuk going from barely playing in the KHL to a top line forward is rare, and likewise someone like Baumgartner putting up demonstrably worse stats at 22 versus 21 and 20 is also uncommon.

That said, it's pretty hard to find players who broke out like Gritsyuk and became great NHLers.

Do you think that Baumgartner and Gritsyuk are similar in terms of potential to become NHLers and NHL "Stars"?

Because that's what the model is implying.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Do you think that Baumgartner and Gritsyuk are similar in terms of potential to become NHLers and NHL "Stars"?

Because that's what the model is implying.
I would say that I don’t think they’re similar but I can understand why the model finds them both underwhelming.

I think if Gritsyuk repeats his season next year then you’ll see the model show some love.

Obviously I don’t think the model is perfect but it can be interesting and can be good as part of a broad search for players.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Just completed his Freshman season at UNH. Therefore, my understanding is he must pay his own way to camp? I can't find the dates for camp. Have they been announced yet? If so, What are they?

I like to get a list of the attendees and follow their paths as they move towards a possible pro career.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Just completed his Freshman season at UNH. Therefore, my understanding is he must pay his own way to camp? I can't find the dates for camp. Have they been announced yet? If so, What are they?

I like to get a list of the attendees and follow their paths as they move towards a possible pro career.
Yes.

No.

NJD Prospects Development Camp is usually the second week of July. Idk if it will be later this year with the season ending later.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ya... I'm just dreaming of our lineup in a few years if all goes well:

Slafkovsky - Hughes - Sharangovich
Bratt - Hischier - Holtz
Gritsyuk - Mercer - Zetterlund
Wood - Boqvist/McLeod - Bastian

Each line has a play driver (Hughes/Hischier/Grits/Boqvist), a shoot-first wing (Shara/Holtz/Zetterlund/Wood) and someone to play the boards (Slaf/Nico/Mercer/Bastian).

Reactions: My3Sons

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Bratt - Hischier - Holtz

Each line has a play driver (Hughes/Hischier/Grits/Boqvist), a shoot-first wing (Shara/Holtz/Zetterlund/Wood) and someone to play the boards (Slaf/Nico/Mercer/Bastian).
Don't sleep on Tyce Thompson, I've said a few times before that before he suffered the regular season ending injury he was looking very good. He has the perfect bottom six makeup IMO.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Bratt - Hischier - Holtz

Why do you have Bratt on the third line?

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad