2021-22 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread - part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well Vsetin is down 3-2 in the Finals after they lost 3-6.

Their other goalie was lit up, giving up 4 goals in the 1st period, and then Málek went in. He gave up one GA, the last one was an empty net goal.

He’s 1-1-0 in the series, having lost the 1st game 2-4 (giving up 3 GA) and winning the 2nd game 5-4 in OT.

The other goalie won the 3rd game 3-4 and lost the 4th game 2-0 (giving up 1 GA).

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Its a shame we can't bring Gritsyuk over. Assuming he has NHL average skating, we could have a legit top 6 player here.

Hopefully he comes over after next year.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Málek lost in the Finals (2-4) so his Czechia2 club won’t get promoted. Boo.

4959E0D5-514A-423C-B4BD-9F4B44D0450D.jpeg

His playoff stats:
13 GP 1.75 .933 22 GA 2 SO 7-4-0

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
What's the plan for him next year? His numbers are solid, and he's gonna play for Czechia in the World Juniors this summer (I assume).

Outside of the U20 redo I have no idea.

If he stays in Czechia then hopefully he’ll play in the Czechia Extraliga league rather than in the lower Czechia2 league again. He could play in Liiga too.

I’m curious where he goes, I’m not particularly picky about the league, but he should move on to a better one. Elite Prospect has his contract as up, which makes sense since he’ll be 20.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bring him to North America, find out what you have early.
I'm sure they would like to. it takes two to tango as the saying goes. If the KHL isn't paying its players maybe he jumps on a breach of contract theory but if not he's still under contract until whenever. Hopefully he comes after right after it ends. That said, as others have noted, he's unlikely at this point to be willing to play any AHL games (which apparently Mukhamadullin has signaled as well but I can't recall where I read that) and I'd just as soon let him come over as a finished product instead of having to carry him around on the bench for a season while he has to develop and adjust to the NHL game.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Bring him to North America, find out what you have early.

I don't like this idea. The Czech 2nd league is probably below the ECHL and probably below junior hockey as well in terms of competition. I'd rather see him spend 2 years in a top European league, or even just the Czech top division, before bringing him over. Anywhere where he can start regularly and be challenged.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think the organization really wants a full season of Daws/Schmid in Utica. So if Malek came over he'd probably be buried in Adirondack for a full year, not the worst thing ever but I'd rather have him play in a high tier European league than the ECHL.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'm of the mind you should let goalies cook wherever they are. Less important to hustle them to NA, imo.

A year in the top level czech (or another euro) league would be good for him, I think.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I really have a problem with the approach so many Russian draftees take in regards to NA. They sign early with the KHL and are bound to contracts. When the contracts run out and they can get to NA they levy conditions on the team that drafted them. It's the NHL or "I go home". It doesn't matter how ready they are. That's the condition. So they re-sign in the KHL 2 , 3 yr contracts. Still put up crap #s so you can't really assess where their development is and then it's the same thing all over again.

Meanwhile every NA kid hits 20 and it's contract time. NHL or "I go home". Not ever! He goes to training camp, tries his best to impress, and takes his ELC to the AHL and tries to bring his game to the NHL level. If after 3 years in the world's best minor league he still isn't NHL material, the NHL clock starts to wind down. It's not like he's done.

Current 2021-22 top AHL players:
Points -
#1 - T.J. Tynan/Orland Park, Ill./ (30) Ontario Reign
2011 Columbus Blue Jackets 3rd Rd/#66 OA
9 yrs AHL/21 NHL GP
92 Pts

#2 - Andrew Poturalski/Williamsville, N.Y./ (28) Chicago Wolves
NCAA U of New Hampshire (undrafted)
6 yrs AHL/4 NHL GP
91 Pts

#3 - Stefan Noesen/Plano, Texas/ (29) Chicago Wolves
2011 Ottawa Senators 1st Rd/ #21 OA
7 yrs AHL/207 NHL GP
79 Pts

#4 - Seth Griffith (29)/Wallaceburg, ON/ Bakersfield Condors
2012 Boston Bruins 5th Rd/ #131 OA
9 yrs AHL/80 NHL GP
73 Pts

#5 - Martin Frk/Czech Republic/ (28) Ontario Reign
2012 Detroit Red Wings 2nd RD/ #49 OA
8 yrs AHL/124 NHL GP
71 Pts

Goals -
#1 - Stefan Noesen
43G

#2 - Martin Frk
39G

#3 - Sheldon Dries/Macomb, Mi./ (27) Abbotsford Canucks
NCAA Western Michigan U. (undrafted)
5yrs AHL/52 NHL GP
35G

#4 - Kiefer Sherwood/Columbus Ohio/ (27) Colorado Eagles
NCAA Miami University of Ohio (undrafted)
5yrs AHL/87 NHL GP
34G

#5 - Dylan Sikura/Aurora, ON/ (26) Colorado Eagles
2014 Chicago Blackhawks Rd 6/ #178 OA
4yrs AHL/58 NHL GP
29G

Assists-
#1 - T.J. Tynan
79 A

#2 - Andrew Poturalski
66 A

#3 - Jordan Gross/Maple Grove, MN/ (26) Colorado Eagles
NCAA University of Notre Dame (undrafted)
4yrs AHL/10 NHL GP
54 A

#4 - Seth Griffith
47 A

#5 - Cody Glass/Winnipeg, MB/ (23) /Milwaukee Predators
2017 Vegas Golden Knights Rd 1/#6 OA
3yrs AHL/72 NHL GP
46 A

Goalies:
Save Percentage -
#1 - Troy Grosenick/Brookfield, WI/ (32) Providence Bruins
NCAA Union College (undrafted)
9yrs AHL/9 NHL GP

#2 - Kevin Poulin/Montreal, QC/ (32) Laval Rocket
2008 NY Islanders Rd 5/ #126 OA
8yrs AHL, 3yrs Europe/50 NHL GP

#3 - Joey Daccord/Boston, MA/ (25) Charlotte Checkers
2015 Ottawa Senators Rd 7/#199 OA
3yrs AHL/13 NHL GP

#4 - Dustin Wolf/Gilroy, CA/ (21) Stockton Heat
2019 Calgary Flames Rd 7/#214 OA
2yrs AHL/0 NHL GP

#5 - Charlie Lindgren/Lakeville, MN/(28) Springfield Thunderbirds
NCAA St. Cloud State (undrafted)
6yrs AHL/29 NHL GP

GAA -
#1 - Troy Grosenick

#2 - Alex Lyon/Baudette, MN/(29) Chicago Wolves
NCAA Yale U (undrafted)
6yrs AHL/24 NHL GP

#3 - Kevin Poulin

#4 - Phoenix Copley/North Pole, AK/ (30) Hershey Bears
NCAA Michigan Tech (undrafted)
7yrs AHL/31 NHL GP

#5 - Joey Daccord

The Russian, without a guarantee, may never get a shot because the NHL team owning his rights may never bring him over. For some it's so what I made money in the KHL, but for others the dream of following so many successful NHL Russians never even has a chance to happen because of their arrogant behavior. Come over, give it your best shot, and if it doesn't work out - Europe is a big place with lots of hockey leagues that pay well. The NHL is still the #1 league in the world.

Reactions: nugg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I really have a problem with the approach so many Russian draftees take in regards to NA. They sign early with the KHL and are bound to contracts. When the contracts run out and they can get to NA they levy conditions on the team that drafted them. It's the NHL or "I go home". It doesn't matter how ready they are. That's the condition. So they re-sign in the KHL 2 , 3 yr contracts. Still put up crap #s so you can't really assess where their development is and then it's the same thing all over again.

Meanwhile every NA kid hits 20 and it's contract time. NHL or "I go home". Not ever! He goes to training camp, tries his best to impress, and takes his ELC to the AHL and tries to bring his game to the NHL level. If after 3 years in the world's best minor league he still isn't NHL material, the NHL clock starts to wind down. It's not like he's done.

The Russian, without a guarantee, may never get a shot because the NHL team owning his rights may never bring him over. For some it's so what I made money in the KHL, but for others the dream of following so many successful NHL Russians never even has a chance to happen because of their arrogant behavior. Come over, give it your best shot, and if it doesn't work out - Europe is a big place with lots of hockey leagues that pay well. The NHL is still the #1 league in the world.

NHL teams, to my knowledge, offer almost no support to Russian players in the minor leagues. Hell, they may not even offer them support in the NHL, although I'm told that's changed over the last 2 decades. Many Russian players have a limited command of English when they come to the US, they may not have a driver's license, and they may be the only Russian player on the team. All of these things are potental complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad