Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Too bad Silovs has a contract with the Canucks. That's the best goalie we had this year in Trois-Rivières by a fair margin.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm interested to see how the kid they picked up from Cornell does. That's a well coached team he comes from and I've always liked Cornell since the days of Ryan O'Byrne.

I see he's got 4 pts in the first 6 games, not bad.

Fortin looks like a big get for 3R, He's been on fire with 6 goals, 8 pts in 5 games so far since being sent down from Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
On Friday, 3R beat Worcester Railers 6-0, where Brook had a goal in his ECHL debut.

Last night, 3R lost in OT to Worcester.

They collected 3 of a possible 4 pts this weekend.

They also beat Cincinnati Cyclones on Wednesday. So this week, they picked up 5 of 6 pts.

They still sit 3rd in their division and that is a playoff spot. But it's still tight so they can be out of the playoffs if they lose a few and their divisional rivals win some.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3R has 4 games left on the season.

They play Adirondack on Tuesday.

Then they play Worcester Railers for their final 3 games (Wednesday, Friday & Saturday)

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Big win for 3R. They beat Adirondack 3-2 tonight.

They have 3 games left on the season, all of them this week and all of them against Worcester Railers.

They play tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday.

Maine sits in 5th place. All 3R needs to do is ensure they stay ahead of Maine. Maine also have 3 games left on the season. One game against the 1st placed team in the division in Reading Royals. And two games against the 2nd placed team in the division in Newfoundland Growlers.

Reactions: Fenris

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
With the injuries, Covid, guys getting called up by Laval, this is a great first season for Trois-Rivières. They’re building a great culture and having a 2nd farm team is great for Montreal (I don’t like sending down Brooks to another organization for instance, who knows how they would handle him).

The low-key move for Trois-Rivières this summer was signing Anthony Nellis. He finishes first in points on the team and was a tremendous presence in the lockeroom. At least that’s what being said around the team.

The guy clearly wanted to lead this team and he did. When you consider he left money on the table to be in Trois-Rivières (he could easily have played bottom 6 minutes on other AHL squads), he is my MVP for the year.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
The Growlers will be a good challenge but Galipeau will help the PP a lot and Abbandonato was the best player before his call-up

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Growlers will be a good challenge but Galipeau will help the PP a lot and Abbandonato was the best player before his call-up

Yup.

The Growlers will be a tough one. But I am very happy Galipeau and especially Abbandonato will return.

When 3R announced that St-Amant was out with an injury, they said his regular season was done. I don't know if he'd be back for some playoff hockey. Because he'd be a big boost for them if he does.

Reactions: GrandBison

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Yup.

The Growlers will be a tough one. But I am very happy Galipeau and especially Abbandonato will return.

When 3R announced that St-Amant was out with an injury, they said his regular season was done. I don't know if he'd be back for some playoff hockey. Because he'd be a big boost for them if he does.
St-Amant is back at practice today with a full face.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad