Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Corson signed with the Chicago Wolves.

Looks like it. Although it hasn't been officially announced. He was released from his PTO from the Wolves. But I imagine he signed an AHL deal with them and has now been assigned to the Norfolk Admirals.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I meant an official announcement from the team that he signed with them. We didn't get that. These were the two announcements by the Chicago Wolves themselves regarding Noah:

Here is them announcing that he was released from his PTO:

And this where they announce that they assigned him to Norfolk:

But they didn't announce that he signed.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I meant an official announcement from the team that he signed with them. We didn't get that. These were the two announcements by the Chicago Wolves themselves regarding Noah:

Here is them announcing that he was released from his PTO:

And this where they announce that they assigned him to Norfolk:

But they didn't announce that he signed.

Perhaps he signed an ECHL contract with Norfolk or is trying out with them.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble. 3R in ECHL is interesting but ECHL is not AA Like Baseball. Habs hardly used it before. One year they used Brampton when they had an extra Goalie. If it works great! But I think 3R would have been better off with The QMJHL for their New arena. IMO, Just being Honest. But things can change!

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble. 3R in ECHL is interesting but ECHL is not AA Like Baseball. Habs hardly used it before. One year they used Brampton when they had an extra Goalie. If it works great! But I think 3R would have been better off with The QMJHL for their New arena. IMO, Just being Honest. But things can change!
Having our own echl team is quite a big deal, the organization has much more control for player development, for example you can send a young player who struggles in the ahl down 1league and have a say on how to use him or give him a good opportunity to build confidence, it's a good way to develop your later round picks and late-bloomers... I read some around say Hillis could use the icetime, even if it's at a lower level and i tend to agree with the logic behind it, he's not getting a chance to hone his skills and build confidence right now, why not give him 20mins/game down there?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

QMJHL was not going to happen because of Shawinigan.

Reactions: Fenris and Vachon23

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

According to the ECHL Transactions page, Laval sent these guys to 3R.

They also released a bunch of guys from their PTO's:

- Félix-Olivier Chouinard
- Louise-Philippe Denis
- Marc-Antoine Gélinas
- Maxim Guyon
- Alex Labbé
- Edouard Ouellet

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Finally, the guys were not literally sent to 3R:

AHL season has started and ECHL not yet. Could that be a reason?

The three guys bring the total under contract with TR or on AHL/NHL loans to 22, but without them that's just 19 and only one non-goalie left on PTO.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
AHL season has started and ECHL not yet. Could that be a reason?

The three guys bring the total under contract with TR or on AHL/NHL loans to 22, but without them that's just 19 and only one non-goalie left on PTO.

It was a paper transaction, all three are still in Laval.

TR is still at 2G, 6D, 11F not on PTO.

Active roster in the ECHL are 20 players (21 for the first 30 days), with 2 reserve spots. That means that with the PTOs, they are at the roster limit.

They can dress 18 players per game, including the two goalies. That means 10 forwards - 6 D - 2G for example.

https://www.echl.com/en/pages/frequently-asked-questions

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So now 3R's roster is:

Forwards (12)
Abbandonato
Hillis
Achambault
Joanette
Desruisseaux
Nellis
Montminy
Nantel
St-Amant
D'Aoust
Ducharme
Khisamutdinov

Defense (7)
Guillaume Beaudoin
Brodeur
Galipeau
Perron-Fontaine
CD Beaudoin
Gagnon

Goalies (2)
Poulin
Desrosiers

I believe they still have two players still on PTO. Defenseman Louis-Jean Darick and goaltender Carmine-Anthony Pagliarulo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad