Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
upload_2021-11-18_17-15-22.png

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah MacKinnon is done. Get rid of him before he's up for a new contract

Ok wow this is a hot take. Pump the brakes here.

We just need to lower our expectations. He's a very serviceable 3rd line center. He'll be a bit overpaid for a few years, sure, but he'll re-sign cheaper if we show him some loyalty instead of shipping him to some bottom feeder for a 6th round pick

BillyCostigan

Nov 9, 2021
It's less about MacKinnon being gone (although he clearly was playing injured to begin the season), and more about Makar/Toews/Girard all playing during those games. Mack is still a monster.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It is definitely a bit concerning that it has taken this long. That said I could also see them taking the extra slow approach on his recovery with the schedule we have coming up. The Avs have had a luxury playing the fewest games in the NHL right now. They have played only 14 games which is 6 less than the most in Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit. We have had several long breaks to rest Kuemper. The workload for him should not have been an issue so why rush Francouz back when he might have played 1 game.

December/January has 3 back to backs and pretty much a game every other night for two months straight. We have only one 3 day break and one 2 day break. Otherwise, everything is every other night. I honestly hate we had so many long breaks early on in the season but is what it is.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It is definitely a bit concerning that it has taken this long. That said I could also see them taking the extra slow approach on his recovery with the schedule we have coming up. The Avs have had a luxury playing the fewest games in the NHL right now. They have played only 14 games which is 6 less than the most in Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit. We have had several long breaks to rest Kuemper. The workload for him should not have been an issue so why rush Francouz back when he might have played 1 game.

December/January has 3 back to backs and pretty much a game every other night for two months straight. We have only one 3 day break and one 2 day break. Otherwise, everything is every other night. I honestly hate we had so many long breaks early on in the season but is what it is.

Better to get the injuries during the slow period than the busy period.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad