Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
I know helmets cannot protect you from straight up elbows and concussion, however some do a better job to lessen the chances of getting a concussion. Can BO maybe switch to one. For me, I'm more concerned about his livelihood after hockey. That will Smith concussion movie was some scary shit

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He is with the group but not playing.
No conclusions whatsoever to jump there.

Yup. We haven't even gotten to the "he's practicing in a contact sweater, but still not ready yet" phase, which could last forever. But I have to say him traveling for a shorter two game road trip is better than what I was picturing after reading that Athletic article. Time will tell...

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
If Bo's situation really isn't as bad as it seems and feels right now, I'm not sure there's anything more I'd care about this season.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Honestly Byram’s family is in BC and there’s some terrible flooding going on there right now so he might have some family being impacted by it and want to find a way to see them/friends.

Heaven forbid he’s going to Van to go stay with his family for a while due to the severity of the concussion.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It's outstanding news, actually. Traveling on a plane can be one of the worst things for concussions.

I believe, for bad concussion symptoms, one of the biggest things they want you to do is stay out of well lit areas. Jumping on a plane and traveling, in the middle of the day, doesn't doesn't sound like that.

It does sound like it might not be as bad as we originally feared. But with concussions, there's no guarantee it won't get worse. I do trust the Avs and their doctors know what they're doing.

Reactions: Foppa2118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad