Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What the what. What happen to being super careful with Byram?

Super careful just means they weren't going to rush him. That they didn't bring him back during the game when it seems he wasn't having symptoms until two days later.

Super careful was also not throwing him into the playoffs last year even though he was cleared to play.

But a concussion from getting hit in the nose might not (hopefully not) be as bad as the one he suffered from Kolesar bashing his head against the glass. Bednar said he's in protocol and it was up to him to be honest about how he was feeling. So if he's symptom free at some point, and cleared to play, then they might as well play him.

Hopefully he comes back soon, that would be great. Another lengthy battle with a concussion would be very concerning obviously, but a short one, even though it's concerning, wouldn't be nearly as much so as if he missed months again. Knock on wood it's a short one and he doesn't have any setbacks.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Crosby got one after coming back from a long period out from Krejci's elbow which was harmless. I dont remember how long he was out after that though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Crosby got one after coming back from a long period out from Krejci's elbow which was harmless. I dont remember how long he was out after that though.

Crosby missed three months with that one, but it also happened a minute into the first period, and they let him finish the game. They didn't do that with Bo thankfully.

It wasn't that harmless though. Watch the slow mo at the end of this clip. Krejci swung his elbow and it caught Crosby right in the jaw.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Crosby missed three months with that one, but it also happened a minute into the first period, and they let him finish the game. They didn't do that with Bo thankfully.

It wasn't that harmless though. Watch the slow mo at the end of this clip. Krejci swung his elbow and it caught Crosby right in the jaw.

Doesnt seem to be much in it. And it wasn’t intentional. Either way hopefully long term Hes crosby and not Mueller or hishon.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Doesnt seem to be much in it. And it wasn’t intentional. Either way hopefully long term Hes crosby and not Mueller or hishon.

I don't think Krejci's was intentional, but it was basically half the motion of a spinning elbow to the jaw, which KO's actual fighters all the time.

You generate a lot of force throwing your elbow back like that. Just try it sitting down and imagine connecting with someone's jaw.

Bo seemed to take most of that elbow flush to the face/nose, instead of the tip of the lever on the jaw, so hopefully it's not as bad, but it was a pretty hard elbow from a big strong guy, and the impact probably still rattled his brain inside his skull.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Horvat needs to pay. The shit done to our players can't continue. I've watched the play over and over. There is no reason for him to have his stick in the air and his elbow raised when the puck comes to him. He just forgets about the puck and proceeds to gyrate his torso and swing his elbow for no purpose.

I don't care about intent. (I think he does that on purpose) A teamate's gets injured because you are reckless, you pay. It's time to be a bit "irrational" and crazy so that other teams think twice about the way they play us.

And we need to be vocal to the media that we retaliated, and will retaliate again, if shit happens. A clear message needs to be sent once and for all.

Edit: And in the same game Poolboy swings his stick at Sherwood! Are you f***ing with me? The team gets no respect because it commands no respect.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Horvat needs to pay. The shit done to our players can't continue. I've watched the play over and over. There is no reason for him to have his stick in the air and his elbow raised when the puck comes to him. He just forgets about the puck and proceeds to gyrate his torso and swing his elbow for no purpose.

I don't care about intent. (I think he does that on purpose) A teamate's gets injured because you are reckless, you pay. It's time to be a bit "irrational" and crazy so that other teams think twice about the way they play us.

And we need to be vocal to the media that we retaliated, and will retaliate again, if shit happens. A clear message needs to be sent once and for all.

Edit: And in the same game Poolboy swings his stick at Sherwood! Are you f***ing with me? The team gets no respect because it commands no respect.
Kadri has had to pay everytime the Avs play the blues. I have a feeling that if anything happens to Horvat tonight that it will probably be Kadri fighting him.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Kadri has had to pay everytime the Avs play the blues. I have a feeling that if anything happens to Horvat tonight that it will probably be Kadri fighting him.
Since Hovart is a quality player the he'll only acknowledge another quality player.

Our candidates are Landy, Kadri, and EJ. Maybe LOC. That's about it.

I wish MacD did something stupid and gets suspended. Two birds one stone.

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Well Toews not on the ice…

it'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenenceday
it'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenenceday
it'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenencedayit'sjustamaintenenceday

giphy.webp

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Avs fans: "We got through a game/practice/training camp/insert any event here without an injury!!"

Attachments

• personally.png
    personally.png
    873.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: shadow1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad