2021/22 Elsewhere in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just took a quick read over there...I'll be honest, if something like this situation occurred and it involved someone on the Avs and we had posters defending that person as ardently as some Florida posters are, with as crude and insensitive remarks as they have...I would try to permaban you and reap the repercussions from doing so if necessary. It's absolutely disgusting and reprehensible what some of those posters are saying, and they, much like the Blackhawks are prioritizing winning some f***ing hockey games over common human decency.
"WhY ShOuLd hE bE pUnIsHeD iT wAs 11 YeArS aGo oN a DiFfErEnT tEaM???????"

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
"WhY ShOuLd hE bE pUnIsHeD iT wAs 11 YeArS aGo oN a DiFfErEnT tEaM???????"

Some of their arguments make me sick, and clearly highlights that they're probably trolls in a dank cave that haven't ever had any human interaction. Their argument basically comes down to Quenneville said he wasn't involved, despite the fact that everyone else in this situation recalls Quenneville being part of the meetings (with him refusing to deal with it since it's the playoffs). Their next argument is that Beach is 6'3". It doesn't matter what size you are if you truly believe that there's such a massive difference in power between you and the other person - something that these posters seem not to understand.

Hell, the Me Too movement started by highlighting to the world how Hollywood executives used their power and influence as a way to force themselves on people with less influence.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Just took a quick read over there...I'll be honest, if something like this situation occurred and it involved someone on the Avs and we had posters defending that person as ardently as some Florida posters are, with as crude and insensitive remarks as they have...I would try to permaban you and reap the repercussions from doing so if necessary. It's absolutely disgusting and reprehensible what some of those posters are saying, and they, much like the Blackhawks are prioritizing winning some f***ing hockey games over common human decency.
I agree.

I don't even agree with the Blackhawks "excuse" that they couldn't do both, that is deal with it and still win the games. It's just not true.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's got worse since I looked earlier.

I could at least understand if not agree with the argument of "Something might have happened ten years ago when he was with another organisation, it's not relevant to us" but that's a small part of it. Absolutely wild stuff.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I know I shouldn't have posted in that Panthersboard thread, but I just couldn't help myself. Some truly grotesque shit is being propagated in there and the worst part is that the worst of the posts are the ones getting liked the most. The Panthers were the team I was rooting for in the East, but not after that thread.

Reactions: The Moops

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
It's got worse since I looked earlier.

I could at least understand if not agree with the argument of "Something might have happened ten years ago when he was with another organisation, it's not relevant to us" but that's a small part of it. Absolutely wild stuff.
People just have crazy ways to justify their views and to validate their idols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad