2021/22 Elsewhere in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
James Neal scored a hat trick in the first exhibition game. I think Blues should sign him to a contract.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
James Neal scored a hat trick in the first exhibition game. I think Blues should sign him to a contract.
Look who scored the 1st goal of the game

CeEbH6l.png

Reactions: shadow1

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Avalanche are going to regret letting him get away when he’s coming to Colorado and making life hell… in Loveland:sarcasm:
I know you are just making a joke but I think it’s a good place to point out Brown’s waiver exemption is up and they certainly could still waive him but the idea if the guy has any value is they have to keep him in the NHL.

I talk about waiver exemption a lot because it’s hardly ever mentioned elsewhere and it’s such a huge factor in what happens to prospects who haven’t yet made the transition to the NHL. Everyone loves to talk about these infinite development curves and how there’s different timelines for each player but regardless the waiver exemption is up for players after three years, maybe four in a few cases. Guys don’t get waived and remain a developing prospect and an asset, they need a fresh start and Brown is a perfect example of this. I hope the best for him, I’ve always liked him.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's only preseason, but Suzuki might've already done pass of the season yesterday. Insane pass to set up Toffoli, but because nobody really knew or saw him touch it it's going unnoticed.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's only preseason, but Suzuki might've already done pass of the season yesterday. Insane pass to set up Toffoli, but because nobody really knew or saw him touch it it's going unnoticed.

Reactions: S E P H

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Seattle is gonna be bad but they still might make the playoffs in that weak division

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kraken are by far the better team tonight but they dressed a full NHL roster, unlike the Canucks.

Grubauer may not get Vezina votes this year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Kraken are by far the better team tonight but they dressed a full NHL roster, unlike the Canucks.

Grubauer may not get Vezina votes this year.

I'm kind of half-assed watching the Canucks-Kraken pre-season game on NHL live and are they serious with that British announcer? Gives the broadcast instant NON-credibility. LOL (morons)

As far as Grubauer goes, I was thinking back to his performance against the VGK and he doesn't have the right mindset to ever win a Cup. It's even hilarious that he even expects the Kraken to be in that conversation. If they don't finish bottom-10 in the league, I'll be pretty surprised.

It was insane to go through all of the Vegas goals against us during that series - where we saw that each time one of our crappy defenders made a stupid mistake, it ended up in the back of the net. It's almost as if Grubauer figures - "failure to clear - well if they score, it's not MY fault" instead of "oh crap, failure to clear - I'm gonna do my best to bail-out my buddy who made a mistake".

To me, that's the difference between a true winner and a me-first loser. He's gonna get lit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad