GDT: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new player are you most looking forward to watch?

• Jordan Gross, D

• Darren Helm, LW

• Jack Johnson, D

• Darcy Kuemper, G

• Kurtis MacDermid, MMA

• Mikhail Maltsev, LW/C

• Ryan Murray, D

• Oskar Olausson, LW

• Dylan Sikura, F

• Other [I prefer endless amount of AE/60 players instead]

• Andreas Wingerli, LW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I kind of understand all of us underrating the Blues after the playoffs last season. I can't see them beating the avs in a 7 game series, but they should easily compete for a playoff spot in the Central

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't say they are as bad as the shitshow Pacific because I think a lot of teams will be very close together and I think every team has the ability to trouble the top two clubs (Avs/Jets as you wrote) in the division, but it will also be a bloodbath of mediocre levels. Whatever the case is, I suggest five clubs from the playoffs will be coming from the Central. I do think a lot of us are underrating the Blues though, they have all the prime pieces and the only worry is if Binnington can be above-average for good chunks of the season.

Both are pretty much a shitshow... but I think the Pacific is a touch more clear. Vegas is the clear top team. Then Edmonton, LA, and Calgary are in a group. Gap to Vancouver. Huge gap to San Jose and Anaheim. I think an argument could be made that 5 of the best 8 teams in the West are in the Central (I'd go even 4 split, but semantics), but I don't think the Central will get 5 playoff teams. The mediocreness and how they all kill off each other will be beaten out by LA and Calgary beating up San Jose and Anaheim (maybe Vancouver) in every meeting... while STL and Minny split.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So Makar sat out the preseason injured, Toews is injured to start the season, Francouz got injured almost immediately in preseason, and now Mack is out with covid.

Yup, Avs hockey is about ready to start.
Good thing the regular season doesn’t matter anymore lol

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Asymptomatic doesn't equal a false positive though.
There is a larger chance of false-positive than true-positive in this case.

They should have multiple simultaneous samples per player to lower the odds of false positive.

Imagine a team losing their top C in the SCF to a false positive!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There is a larger chance of false-positive than true-positive in this case.

They should have multiple simultaneous samples per player to lower the odds of false positive.

Imagine a team losing their top C in the SCF to a false positive!
I’m not sure if they changed the exact protocols this year but they don’t just get one test result and call it good. They probably got it back in their lab samples then they both rerun the initial positive test to double check there and then also give him a on the spot rapid test. Last year they used to then rush the current day’s lab samples and get them back that evening before game time so there would be 3 additional data points to go on. If they announced he’s positive they know he’s positive. When Bednar got flagged before game 6 it was a false positive and then was cleared up that afternoon which allowed him to go behind the bench.

Reactions: Metallo

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I’m not sure if they changed the exact protocols this year but they don’t just get one test result and call it good. They probably got it back in their lab samples then they both rerun the initial positive test to double check there and then also give him a on the spot rapid test. Last year they used to then rush the current day’s lab samples and get them back that evening before game time so there would be 3 additional data points to go on. If they announced he’s positive they know he’s positive. When Bednar got flagged before game 6 it was a false positive and then was cleared up that afternoon which allowed him to go behind the bench.
Thanks.

Does he retake the test tomorrow? How many straight days with negative test does he need?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks.

Does he retake the test tomorrow? How many straight days with negative test does he need?
Apparently it’s 2 consecutive negative tests so if he does then Saturday is still on the table. That seems quick for a positive though. Not sure if they still have the rule they need to pass cardiac screening first too. I think who does/doesn’t make that plane to Washington next Monday will be pretty telling in a lot of different avenues.

Reactions: Metallo

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wait didn’t we discover in the pre-season that 3rd line doesn’t work? Alright, let’s try it again I guess.
You talking about the pre-season game they spent 7 minutes together or the one they spent 4? That should certainly be enough to decide if they can work or not.

Funny enough those 3 had a positive cf% in their time together this pre-season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You talking about the pre-season game they spent 7 minutes together or the one they spent 4? That should certainly be enough to decide if they can work or not.

Funny enough those 3 had a positive cf% in their time together this pre-season.
Individually they were the worst CF in those games. None of them are that strong on the puck, it’s a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad