GDT: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new player are you most looking forward to watch?

• Jordan Gross, D

• Darren Helm, LW

• Jack Johnson, D

• Darcy Kuemper, G

• Kurtis MacDermid, MMA

• Mikhail Maltsev, LW/C

• Ryan Murray, D

• Oskar Olausson, LW

• Dylan Sikura, F

• Other [I prefer endless amount of AE/60 players instead]

• Andreas Wingerli, LW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Roster

Schedule
The Avs are planning to skate at their practice facility, South Suburban Family Sports Center, starting on Thursday (Sep 23rd) through Monday (Sep 27th)

Thursday, Sept. 23
Group 1 on ice - 8:45-10:15 a.m.
Group 2 on ice - 11 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 24
Group 2 on ice - 8:45-10:15 a.m.
Group 1 on ice - 11 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 25
Group 1 on ice - 8:45-10:15 a.m.
Group 2 on ice - 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 26
No scheduled events

Monday, Sept. 27
Group 1 on ice - 9-11 a.m.
Group 2 on ice - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Details
Avalanche Announces 2021 Training Camp Schedule

Preseason
Avalanche Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule

DayDateOpponentTime (MT)Location
TueSept. 28at Vegas8:00 p.m.Las Vegas (T-Mobile Arena)
ThuSept. 30MINNESOTA7:00 p.m.Denver (Ball Arena)
MonOct. 4at Minnesota6:00 p.m.St. Paul (Xcel Energy Center)
TueOct. 5VEGAS7:00 p.m.Denver (Ball Arena)
ThuOct. 7at Dallas6:00 p.m.Dallas (American Airlines Center)
SatOct. 9DALLAS5:00 p.m.Denver (Ball Arena)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines
N/A

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going with Maltsev for the poll because he’s likely going to be a regular and I don’t know much about him or what to expect.

I’m looking forward to watching Kuemper and Murray as well but they don’t fall into either one of those categories. They’ll be good as long as they’re healthy.

Olausson is intriguing as the latest first rounder but I don’t expect him to play in any NHL games past preseason.

I’m just pretending MacDermaid doesn’t exist and there’s not much to look forward to there anyways.

Reactions: shadow1

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going with other, Wingerli. I'm very curious to see what he can do on NA ice. The more I look at him, the more he intrigues me.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
DK about to become the first Avs goalie to ever win a Vezina. Sorry Pat you should have been better.

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I picked Kuemper for the poll for obvious reasons. Not only are we gonna get to watch him kick ass on the ice for 20-40 games, but we're gonna get several solid months to watch and evaluate his nacho eating ability when he's in the pressbox on LTIR.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I voted Wingerli because if he adjusts quickly to the NA ice he could help our depth quite a bit. Kuemper, Murray, Maltsev, Olausson are all players I'm looking forward to seeing on the ice and see how much they can help. However I think Olausson will end up in the OHL which I'm OK with.

Guys not on the list...Byram will be important comes playoffs time. Barron is another I will be following closely because I think he will get an opportunity due to injuries to showcase himself.

Reactions: flyfysher

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Probably about three months training. We all saw that Logan Paul held his own against a much smaller Mayweather, who trained his whole life. Size is key in boxing.

Say that to Kostya Tszyu (my favorite all time boxer). If I saw him giving lip in a bar (and didn't know who he was), I'd likely go up and tell him to pull his head in being the midget he is, he'd then go on to destroy me haha. Here he is with his son, Tim (who is also undefeated, and being avoided by everyone around the world):
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F92d0faa7-9fdc-44bd-b727-1a0ee5b86206

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad