GDT: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new player are you most looking forward to watch?

• Jordan Gross, D

• Darren Helm, LW

• Jack Johnson, D

• Darcy Kuemper, G

• Kurtis MacDermid, MMA

• Mikhail Maltsev, LW/C

• Ryan Murray, D

• Oskar Olausson, LW

• Dylan Sikura, F

• Other [I prefer endless amount of AE/60 players instead]

• Andreas Wingerli, LW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Them and majority of analysts at NHL.com also has the Avs winning with either MacKinnon or Makar for the Conn Smythe. No team is going to win when so many media pundits take one club and are always 98% wrong about it.

I am guessing that if Panthers get solid goaltending, they're my Cup favourites. Even if Ekblad isn't anything special for a top-pairing defender and their defensive core is more in the middle of the pack depth-wise, I absolutely take their forward core as the best in the league (yes even over the Islanders).
Huh? The Islanders forward core is like at best around top 10? It’s incredibly deep but they lack high end talent. The Panthers forward core is like significantly better that the Islanders.

Reactions: S E P H

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Game one and my new favourite player MacDermid is already in the lineup. Great start.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Chicago is markedly improved and St. Louis will want revenge for last season. Not easy games at all.
People are vastly underrating the Hawks this year. They will be a handful, especially with Flower in net, the return of a healthy Towes, and a much better D corp. Give them a competent goalie last year and they make the playoffs quite easily, IMO.

St. Louis is better up front and has a healthy Parayko added to an already stingy D.

Avs without Mack is not good, and now a questionable scoring top 9 has even more pressure on it. The D corp and Kuemper will have to play well to win either of those, IMO.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
denzel-washington-pissed.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People are vastly underrating the Hawks this year. They will be a handful, especially with Flower in net, the return of a healthy Towes, and a much better D corp. Give them a competent goalie last year and they make the playoffs quite easily, IMO.

St. Louis is better up front and has a healthy Parayko added to an already stingy D.

Avs without Mack is not good, and now a questionable scoring top 9 has even more pressure on it. The D corp and Kuemper will have to play well to win either of those, IMO.

Yeah I think the Hawks are a team that could really surprise. They aren't contenders again (yet), but they could really cause some trouble. They defense is real solid top to bottom, the center depth is good (not great) if Toews and Dach are healthy, and Flower stabilizes the net. TJ is looking real good there so he might be in for a rebound year between Kane and Cat.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If people think the Stars are a playoff team, then Blackhawks are and you can make a sound argument that they are much better. I am not a believer in Dallas though, they will be in the hunt because they're healthy and can stay close in games, but I just don't get the love they're getting in that "Who Makes the Playoffs from the Central" thread on the main board.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If people think the Stars are a playoff team, then Blackhawks are and you can make a sound argument that they are much better. I am not a believer in Dallas though, they will be in the hunt because they're healthy and can stay close in games, but I just don't get the love they're getting in that "Who Makes the Playoffs from the Central" thread on the main board.

After the Avs and Jets, the Central is a shitshow... anybody other than Arizona has a chance. I think Minny will be the 3rd team, but they could easily have things go sideways too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
After the Avs and Jets, the Central is a shitshow... anybody other than Arizona has a chance. I think Minny will be the 3rd team, but they could easily have things go sideways too.
I wouldn't say they are as bad as the shitshow Pacific because I think a lot of teams will be very close together and I think every team has the ability to trouble the top two clubs (Avs/Jets as you wrote) in the division, but it will also be a bloodbath of mediocre levels. Whatever the case is, I suggest five clubs from the playoffs will be coming from the Central. I do think a lot of us are underrating the Blues though, they have all the prime pieces and the only worry is if Binnington can be above-average for good chunks of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad