2021-2022 S Blues Multi-Purpose Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'll lead this new thread off with something I heard on the radio yesterday that somewhat piqued my interest.

Thoughts on Nic Hague? RFA this year that could be an offer sheet candidate. Given the cap crunch in Vegas and the Blues need for a LHD, does signing Hague to an offer sheet in the 1st + 3rd compensation range make sense (4-5 years at 4.2M per)? I see this as a creative poor man's way of adding a piece to the top 4 without gutting the prospect pool.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Could work, but not sure it's the best type of target. I'm leaning towards someone that can excel at moving the puck and has the skating ability to keep up with forwards like Kaprizov and MacKinnon.

Reactions: Robb_K and Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I'll lead this new thread off with something I heard on the radio yesterday that somewhat piqued my interest.

Thoughts on Nic Hague? RFA this year that could be an offer sheet candidate. Given the cap crunch in Vegas and the Blues need for a LHD, does signing Hague to an offer sheet in the 1st + 3rd compensation range make sense (4-5 years at 4.2M per)? I see this as a creative poor man's way of adding a piece to the top 4 without gutting the prospect pool.
I think we’d just acquire his rights for cheaper than a 1st+3rd. Hague is a player I’ve loved since the draft, really wanted him with the pick we took Kostin with. Would love to see him in a blue note now, but not for an overpayment, he’s solid, but hasn’t proven enough to warrant something in the same realm that fiala was just moved for.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I think we’d just acquire his rights for cheaper than a 1st+3rd. Hague is a player I’ve loved since the draft, really wanted him with the pick we took Kostin with. Would love to see him in a blue note now, but not for an overpayment, he’s solid, but hasn’t proven enough to warrant something in the same realm that fiala was just moved for.
I'm assuming signing him to an offer sheet is the only way we would be able to land him. Vegas is likely relying on him eating a bunch of minutes next year at his market rate which is closer to 2M with Martinez possibly being a cap casualty.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If he was playing through that injury, it'll be nice to see what he's like when he's fully healthy. Sucks that he won't start the season, but better to be at 100% than playing hurt and needing surgery mid-season and being done for playoffs.

I saw a report today or yesterday about how there was concern about Russian players being able to come back to NA, just with all the uncertainty right now. It's a good sign that all the Russians that have a NHL future with us stayed in the States, and wouldn't be surprised if Kostin just stays in Russia.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I saw a report today or yesterday about how there was concern about Russian players being able to come back to NA, just with all the uncertainty right now. It's a good sign that all the Russians that have a NHL future with us stayed in the States, and wouldn't be surprised if Kostin just stays in Russia.

No great loss.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If he was playing through that injury, it'll be nice to see what he's like when he's fully healthy. Sucks that he won't start the season, but better to be at 100% than playing hurt and needing surgery mid-season and being done for playoffs.

That second tweet from JR doesn't seem accurate. Buchnevich has been tagged in photos on social media in Russia recently.

Hopefully Buch will have no issues coming back.

As for Kostin, he's toast here so I don't care. He didn't produce nearly enough in the AHL after being sent down, so I don't think he's in the Blues' plans for their 2022 roster.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Sucks on Toropchenko, I really liked how he looked in the playoffs and think he was in pen for a spot. I hope he comes back full strength in December and there are no complications or reinjury like we saw with Vladdy.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Glad Kostin is moving on. You gave it your best, Klim. Now go tear up the KHL.

Not too worried about Toropchenko. He’s got the frame to build up his shoulder strength and protection. We know he’s a gamer, so a few extra months will not hurt him.

Another skater will have an opportunity to show what he has.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Glad Kostin is moving on. You gave it your best, Klim. Now go tear up the KHL.

Not too worried about Toropchenko. He’s got the frame to build up his shoulder strength and protection. We know he’s a gamer, so a few extra months will not hurt him.

Another skater will have an opportunity to show what he has.
I think Kostin will be back

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
That second tweet from JR doesn't seem accurate. Buchnevich has been tagged in photos on social media in Russia recently.

Hopefully Buch will have no issues coming back.

As for Kostin, he's toast here so I don't care. He didn't produce nearly enough in the AHL after being sent down, so I don't think he's in the Blues' plans for their 2022 roster.

Thanks for the heads up on JR’s misinformation. It sucks he’s wrong on facts now, and just not opinions. Toro’s absence could help Kostin make the team out of camp next year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Thanks for the heads up on JR’s misinformation. It sucks he’s wrong on facts now, and just not opinions. Toro’s absence could help Kostin make the team out of camp next year.
Korac's tweet made it a little more clear, where Army said only Kostin went back and he did it for Visa reasons. They are just relaying what Army said.

Reactions: CoMoBlues
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
FB01D05D-E554-406D-8C16-8F5118E3D1EC.png

Yuck. Not even remotely interested in Zadorov at that price

Reactions: MissouriMook

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Trade Tarasenko and Krug for 1sts. Send 2 firsts for Chychrun. Send our 1st, 3rd and Neighbors for MT with extension.

Trade Tarasenko and Krug for 1sts. Send 2 firsts for Chychrun. Send our 1st, 3rd and Neighbors for MT with extension.

Trade Scandella for a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad