2021-2022 Regular Season Discussion Thread - Part 2

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Points wise maybe so but in terms of shot share metrics all three guys have seen big declines in even strength CF% numbers from 2019-20 to 2021-22.

Benn 51.3% -> 46.5%
Seguin 50.2% -> 47.5%
Klingberg 51.1% -> 49.8%

Also their defensive metrics have fallen off a cliff as well. Benn is now also one of the worst defensive players in the league. He wasn't 2 years ago

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I agree that's embarrassing, but that tweet is illogical. It's not huge. Dallas would be in the exact same position, but more comfortable. 6 points would have them in 7th place where they sit right now. They'll probably finish 8th, but the difference between 7th and 8th regardless of the quality of teams in the Pacific isn't something I'd call huge or season-changing if they hadn't lost those games he's talking bout. You're still a wildcard team.

That feels more like hyperbole.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
We've had a really condensed end of the season schedule because of COVID and everything related to that. I think we should shut down the top 6/4 for the last game. Want to maximize rest, and now is really the worst time to pick up any injuries.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Just got an email from the Stars that they are in the playoffs, good ol Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin in the marketing material. Someone needs to update the corporate office that Hintz, Robertson, Heiskanen run this team now.. not those two shit players.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Just got an email from the Stars that they are in the playoffs, good ol Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin in the marketing material. Someone needs to update the corporate office that Hintz, Robertson, Heiskanen run this team now.. not those two shit players.
Not taking advantage of a home-grown American talent like Robo. Someone in marketing needs to answer to this.

Reactions: Sports2

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Not taking advantage of a home-grown American talent like Robo. Someone in marketing needs to answer to this.
I attended a game last week and couldn't help but notice the biggest cheer in the pregame stuff still went to "THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!"

I think you'd be surprised about how many dedicated ticket buyers still think of Benn and Seguin as the team's most important players.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I attended a game last week and couldn't help but notice the biggest cheer in the pregame stuff still went to "THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!"

I think you'd be surprised about how many dedicated ticket buyers still think of Benn and Seguin as the team's most important players.

True. Even last night, the puck would exit the zone after a long defensive shift Benn would streak up the ice 1 vs 4 and the crowd starts cheering so loud getting excited like he is going to dangle or do something and then just dumps it in and changes.

Crowd seems generally clueless on what our players are capable of.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Well since it's guaranteed at this point, guess I'll be the first to say i was wrong, somehow they're actually a playoff team and i was 100% sure they wouldn't be.

Reactions: kabidjan18

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I expected 12-9th
For sure ahead of
Phoenix, Chicago, SJ, Anaheim, but otherwise outside the po.

Between 3rd-5th in the Central was all possible in my eyes. Now the Blues and Wild ended up much better pointswise than i thought they would be but the team wasn't really worse than Nashville last season either and didn't get any worse. I was never a believer in the Jets. I think something is off with their core as much as something is off with Benn , Seguin and Klingberg .

I thought one more year of progress for Robo , Hintz and improved goaltending would be enough to secure a playoff spot and that turned out to be correct despite the old core now really really falling off a cliff.

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Chris Johnston suggested that the Saros injury would typically be considered week-to-week, and he'll likely be unavailable to start Round 1. They're going to do what they can to get him back for that round though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Saros played most games and minutes of any goalie this year and his backups are not good. Preds sure as shit need him because with Rittich or Ingram in net they're signficantly worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad