Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You are not the one Gryz fan. I like him a lot and always have.

That said, are we going to debate that he and Reilly got manhandled in the playoffs last year? That left side was a sore spot, and to address it, Sweeney picked up Forbort, who shouldn’t be logging big minutes in playoff games.

Ultimately that left D is “fine for now”. We agree. It’s just not going to get you anywhere in the playoffs. So long as that’s not the goal, fine, leave it as is.
They need a big bad ass RHD instead of Clifton on third pair NOW as in before March 22

long term
Vaakanainen-McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo

Vaak & Mac 6’1
Lohrei & Carlo 6’5+

Grzelcyk/Ahcan/Zboril- Thug

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Calgary ain’t trading Gudbranson in their playoff spot

I’m not taking Savard let Montreal eat that

Manson would be great but Ducks in it

Buffalo
Jersey
Montreal
Islanders
Detroit
Ottawa
Columbus
Philadelphia
Kraken
Arizona
Chicago

All should be selling

Reactions: bbfan419

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Buffalo
Jersey
Montreal
Islanders
Detroit
Ottawa
Columbus
Philadelphia
Kraken
Arizona
Chicago

All should be selling

Don't forget the Stars. May be technically in it now, but hard road above them. Could fall out in the next few weeks.

The name that would get my feathers up is Esa Lindell. Now that's an impactful add. But it won't come cheap.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
They need a big bad ass RHD instead of Clifton on third pair NOW as in before March 22

long term
Vaakanainen-McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo

Vaak & Mac 6’1
Lohrei & Carlo 6’5+

Grzelcyk/Ahcan/Zboril- Thug
I won’t argue that they could use a better 3rd pair guy on RD over Cliffy for a playoff run, but I think Reilly at 2LD is a much bigger issue, especially when Gryz is a little guy on 1LD. Reilly is soft as butter, and he’s gonna get worn down yet again this spring.

I guess I don’t see why we would choose to willfully ignore this. We spent days after last years knockout lamenting how Gryz/Reilly were exploited, and we are going to have the same exact problem. Why are we dancing around that?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Vegas is just about at their crossroads. Need to clear 5.1, if I read correctly, for Eichel to play. He is now wearing a non contact.

William “wild bill” Karlsson - a gamble but I think he would fit here running the 2c slot.

Giroux would likely be a rental.
I think Hertl is going to re-sign

due to cap situation, and declining points, there’s an opportunity to get a quality, talented player for maybe not a lot of assets going back due to his modest/mid-term contract.

now, I don’t watch Vegas regularly, certainly not an expert, just my crap take.
Great idea. Feels like he'd be a good "get."
The legend of Wild Bill: William Karlsson is hockey’s most unlikely success story | Toronto Sun

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I won’t argue that they could use a better 3rd pair guy on RD over Cliffy for a playoff run, but I think Reilly at 2LD is a much bigger issue, especially when Gryz is a little guy on 1LD. Reilly is soft as butter, and he’s gonna get worn down yet again this spring.

I guess I don’t see why we would choose to willfully ignore this. We spent days after last years knockout lamenting how Gryz/Reilly were exploited, and we are going to have the same exact problem. Why are we dancing around that?
I’m not exactly joining the Reilly fan club but the alternative was Chara - unfortunately Zboril Vaakanainen & Lohrei aren’t ready.

they were still good enough to beat Caps in 5 and up 2-1 with that defense till Clutterbuck earned his contract knocking out Carlo

they definitely aren’t perfect but I read 73% of HF fans picked Washington over Bruins and they wiped out in 5

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Last year's series against the Islanders:

Grz - 6 games 0-1-1 even 19:43
McAvoy - 6 games 1-6-7 -2 26:09
Reilly 6 games 0-2-3 -2 22:32
Lauzon - 6 games 0-0-0 -2 19:02
Clifton - 6 games 0-0-0 -3 17:13
Carlo & Tinordi - 6 games combined 0-0-0 +1 Carlo 22:00, Tinordi 13:40

Looks like plus/minus numbers were determined by who got stuck on the ice with these two anchors:

Debrusk - 5 games 0-0-0 -4 13:26
Coyle - 6 games 1-0-1 -8 15:27

Reactions: quietbruinfan

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I’m not in love with Reilly & Forbort but the term lines up when lohrei could be ready but when Reilly & Forbort contracts run out you have Lohrei 23, Vaakanainen 25, Zboril 27 and Grzelcyk 29, Carlo 27 and Mac 26.

Manson or Gudbranson are my vet big tough RHD

Manson played at Northeastern so he’s familiar with Boston and the 2008-2012 Bruinsmania in the city / maybe that helps

Ha I just meant I think people thing Gryz is my son on this board. You're not alone!

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

Because that's not what the real issue was with the team against the Islanders.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last year's series against the Islanders:

Grz - 6 games 0-1-1 even 19:43
McAvoy - 6 games 1-6-7 -2 26:09
Reilly 6 games 0-2-3 -2 22:32
Lauzon - 6 games 0-0-0 -2 19:02
Clifton - 6 games 0-0-0 -3 17:13
Carlo & Tinordi - 6 games combined 0-0-0 +1 Carlo 22:00, Tinordi 13:40

Looks like plus/minus numbers were determined by who got stuck on the ice with these two anchors:

Debrusk - 5 games 0-0-0 -4 13:26
Coyle - 6 games 1-0-1 -8 15:27
DeBrusk is a horrible fit with Coyle

I would trade DeBrusk At 1:10 today For Johansson & a 3rd round pick if kraken would do it

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
has there been any chatter around Vegas yet? Obviously we can look at their roster and cherry pick who we like, but with Eichel's return sort of imminent I'm wondering if any reporters have indicated who might be the actual odd man out this year.

Reactions: HustleB

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He'd be nice but Dadonov is likely the odd man out
I'm sure that's who Vegas would like to be the odd man out, but I can't see teams lining up to take him & his $5m off their hands for another year. Plus with Stephenson emerging as a nearly point per game player and Eichel coming in to be the 1C it's not impossible to think that they see Karlsson as the odd man out when considering long-term cost and trade return.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
has there been any chatter around Vegas yet? Obviously we can look at their roster and cherry pick who we like, but with Eichel's return sort of imminent I'm wondering if any reporters have indicated who might be the actual odd man out this year.

I've heard Alec Martinez may be the one they want to move.

Reactions: sarge88

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary

Buffalo
Jersey
Montreal
Islanders