Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Giroux is a great player but not sure how I feel about him being the "primary" target. I don't love two mid-30 top6 centers. I don't see how a guy with his career is going to be content with 2nd PP scraps. I don't love giving up futures for a pure rental... Again, great player but not the fit that Hertl would be, both short and long-term.

Maybe he's the top target because they think they could use that NMC to get him cheap like Hall?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I completely agree a top center is the biggest need. Do the Bruins have enough in the coffers to get a top center plus Soucy? I know the answer is technically yes......it is just about how far they are willing to go. I don't want to give up Lysell or Lohrei, but if I can get Hertl and Soucy I would be open to moving one. Assuming we have a good indication we can sign Hertl long term....
Don’t get me wrong i love Soucy but my guess is they will use assets for center and if LD Chychrun

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Giroux is a great player but not sure how I feel about him being the "primary" target. I don't love two mid-30 top6 centers. I don't see how a guy with his career is going to be content with 2nd PP scraps. I don't love giving up futures for a pure rental... Again, great player but not the fit that Hertl would be, both short and long-term.

Maybe he's the top target because they think they could use that NMC to get him cheap like Hall?

Put him at 1RW and net front on the PP?

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Don’t get me wrong i love Soucy but my guess is they will use assets for center and if LD Chychrun

No chance they get both unless the Center is Giroux I would imagine. It wouldn't be like the Bruins to go for it with a Hertl/ Chychrun combo though as the cost would be prohibitive. What would a Pavelski or Horvat cost in comparison to Hertl in your estimation?

Reactions: bbfan419

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Reverse number since Grzelcyk has 48

I'm on board with Hertl to Boston but I still think our defense should be the first priority. Still....

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Hertl -- Pasta

Haula -- Coyle -- Steen

Foligno -- Nosek -- Lazar

ex: Frederic/Blidh

Looks pretty damn good. Especially with Pasta and Hall's resurgence, that's a lineup that could do a lot of damage.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It’s a wild question but would any one trade our 2022 draft (yes Picks 1-7) for either a signed Hertl or Chychrun?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It’s a wild question but would any one trade our 2022 draft (yes Picks 1-7) for either a signed Hertl or Chychrun?

That doesn’t seem realistic or worth it for SJ/ARZ. Late round picks in each round. Value significantly drops off after the 2nd round for these picks. Both teams would much prefer legitimate pieces. Not 7 wildcards.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I dunno about all and I can’t imagine that would be an ask, but I would give up a lot for a signed Hertl. Less for Chychrun.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
And there were more than a few here who were saying the Bruins should keep him and expose Grizz :laugh:
62F22459-2EAE-4A1B-94A2-369D114EFA58.jpeg

Quite a drop but to be fair he’s playing in front of horrible goaltending.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
A dream, Sweeney call Marchand, Bergeron and Pasta into his office and tells them, I just traded 2 firsts 2 seconds, DeBrusk. Riley, Vaak, Zboril, Beecher, Stunicka, John Moore,for a resigned Hertl and Jacob Chychrun. Now go win us a cup. 4 more years of a cup contender.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Until he either re-signs with the Sharks or is still a member of the Sharks after the trade deadline passes, my #1 Bruins target is, and will continue to be, Tomas Hertl.

As of this morning, it was projected that a team in the West is going to need to reach ~92 points to make the playoffs. The Sharks (~20%) are projected to finish the season with 87 points, however there are 4 teams expected to finish ahead of them for the final Wild Card spot (Oilers ~45%, Jets ~39%, Ducks ~35%, Stars ~33%).

^ The percentages listed are each team's current approximate odds of making the playoffs.

I'm not hoping for bad news, but it's also possible that Erik Karlsson may miss some time as he's set to meet with the Sharks' medical team to discuss his options regarding his current injury. On top of the Karlsson injury - the Sharks next 4 games (all on the road) are against the Capitals, Panthers, Hurricanes and Lightning.

I think we'll have a much better idea as to whether the Sharks will explore trading Hertl in just over a week.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
That doesn’t seem realistic or worth it for SJ/ARZ. Late round picks in each round. Value significantly drops off after the 2nd round for these picks. Both teams would much prefer legitimate pieces. Not 7 wildcards.
Yes but you just doubled your chances of hitting on players. Look at the Bruins lots of picks rounds 2-5 on this team

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
A dream, Sweeney call Marchand, Bergeron and Pasta into his office and tells them, I just traded 2 firsts 2 seconds, DeBrusk. Riley, Vaak, Zboril, Beecher, Stunicka, John Moore,for a resigned Hertl and Jacob Chychrun. Now go win us a cup. 4 more years of a cup contender.
THIS MOVES THE NEEDLE

Reactions: Tbaybruin

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The absolute number one priority for the Bruins must be acquiring a legitimate top six center or two (yes I said two). With all due respect for those clamoring for an upgrade on LD hear me out.
I too would love to see an upgrade on LD - someone with size, aggressiveness, willing to drop the gloves to protect a teammate, smart(hockey IQ), a penalty killer who eats minutes all night long, and most importantly sets a tone where the other team knows they can't take liberties. That defensive presence would be ideal. However, at the moment that is a secondary need for this team. The Bruins currently have depth on D both on the pro roster and in the minors where there are some intriguing prospects either knocking on the door or a year or two away. Defense is quietly the Bruins depth strength in the organization, where they can pretty much plug n play interchanging bodies without too much of a drop off. The drawback is most of these prospects just need time and experience to acclimate their game to the pro level. Sweeny is stubbornly patient if nothing else and will sit on the prospects letting them simmer on the back burner until they are well done.

Now, consider what would happen in this worst-case-scenario ... God forbid Bergeron is injured for an extended length of time, say 4 - 6 weeks or longer. Who then becomes the teams number one center? Coyle? Haula? Studnicka? A game or two maybe, but not for an extended length of time. The Bruins front office focus has to be targeting a top six center that has to be their priority.

From a veteran center best fit perspective Tomas Hertl seems like a logical target assuming he would then sign long term, but I've been beating that drum for over a year now.

There are other options out there and without considering cost to acquire, players age, cap hit, years left on their contact ... some people at various times have floated these names. The big question is what will Sweeney be willing to give up to acquire any of these; will he go "all in" this year or will his eyes be on the future? Sweeney hates tto give up first round draft picks (especially this draft) and promising prospects, but it should really come down to whom is coming back.

Listing these names does not mean I agree with all these names.

Some other possible targets that have been previously mentioned:
Claude Giroux, Philly / William Karlsson, Vegas / Joe Pavelski, Dallas / Dylan Strome, Chi / Ryan Getzlaf, Adam Henrique, ANA / J.T. Miller, Bo Horvat, Van / Max Domi, Boone Jenner, CBJ / Mason Appleton, Sea / RNH, Edm / ...

Not all those names move the needle, some are old, some are just depth, some have high cap ... Or will Sweeney go off the board and target someone totally unexpected, someone thought to be untouchable???

Whatever Sweeney does center should be the first priority and then address the D.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

There is so little value in the 3-7 picks, that the offer just isn't this wow offer you think. SJ would probably prefer 1-2, plus a #2 next year. And depending on the prospect a body thrown in there as well. Also there are contract issues etc, that would likely mean a team wouldn't really want 14 picks in the same draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad