Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
i wish a trade would happen so i wouldn't have to sift through pages of nonsense talk about Kyler Yamamoto

and before you like this post consider if you're contributing to the problem by replying to these nonsense ideas
Wanting to trade JDB for Kailer Yamamoto and thinking the Bruins have a chance at trading for Hertl are equally nonsense.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Responding to a post on the previous thread:

If Steen and Blidh are in your lineup come PO time, you are not competing for a cup.

That's no disrespect to those players as they have played well, but games 30-45 and PO hockey are different beasts that Blidh and Steen are not ready for.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

If Steen and Blidh are in your lineup come PO time, you are not competing for a cup.

That's no disrespect to those players as they have played well, but games 30-45 and PO hockey are different beasts that Blidh and Steen are not ready for.

How can you be so definitive? Do you think other playoff teams don’t have Blidh or Steen types in their bottom 6?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Unless they have some effect on how Tuukka plays, can't see why they would be a factor.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

If anything it’s the exact opposite. Sweeney wasting assets on plugs to fill in these bottom 6 roles that don’t have the upside of Steen or the tenacity of Blidh would be the reason why we don’t go far in the playoffs.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts

Neither was Marchand when he was making noise in the bottom six in 2011, right?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Not buying this at all. Steen and Blidh are far from stopping this team from competing for a cup, their both are very responsible two - way players who play with edge and that will be a welcome addition, along with having some young legs and spunk in the playoffs. On top of that Steen has the ability to create and help out in O-Zone.

If anything stops this team from competing for a Cup this year, it will be Sweeney lack of ability to go out and acquire a top Left-side d-man or two. IMO.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

Bruins look like a whole new team with them in the bottom 6.

Blidh's game will translate to great playoff hockey. Finishes every check, has speed, gets under players skin, actually putting up points now, etc.... I love the guys game lately

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Bill, always respected your opinion, are there any players out there you’d like at 2c?

For example, people keep mentioning Roslovic. Do you see him as an upgrade on Haula or Coyle? If not, who is your affordable 2c option?

Thanks Hooper.

With the way Haula is playing and how well he's fit on that 2nd line, I don't really think Roslovic or Strome are big enough upgrades, sure upgrades, to be worth the cost.

At the other end of the spectrum you've got Hertl and JT Miller as two guys who'd be sure to improve this club but could be very costly.

In terms of affordable options that are clearly better, more productive players than Haula, you've got guys like Getzlaf and Pavelski, who both have NMC's so they'll pick their destinations if they get moved. Max Domi is a UFA and has been playing LW this year but was a 70 point center for MTL. And William Karlsson in Vegas is probably the odd man out with Eichel coming back and them needing to clear cap. He makes almost $6m for 5 years after this one so I think he'll be an affordable pickup if a team is willing to take on all of his contract.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
Why don’t they have a chance at trading for Hertl?
Hertl hated Kane, now Kane is gone. Sharks get $$/cap relief from that . Now they have more flexibility to sign Hertl. Small market teams generally try to keep popular players. Even if he has a NTC, there are probably at least 6 teams with better playoff aspirations teams that could outbid the Bruins and their empty prospect pool. The Sharks are, barely, but currently in a playoff spot.

I could go on, but I’m sure most of this has been discussed.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thanks Hooper.

With the way Haula is playing and how well he's fit on that 2nd line, I don't really think Roslovic or Strome are big enough upgrades, sure upgrades, to be worth the cost.

At the other end of the spectrum you've got Hertl and JT Miller as two guys who'd be sure to improve this club but could be very costly.

In terms of affordable options that are clearly better, more productive players than Haula, you've got guys like Getzlaf and Pavelski, who both have NMC's so they'll pick their destinations if they get moved. Max Domi is a UFA and has been playing LW this year but was a 70 point center for MTL. And William Karlsson in Vegas is probably the odd man out with Eichel coming back and them needing to clear cap. He makes almost $6m for 5 years after this one so I think he'll be an affordable pickup if a team is willing to take on all of his contract.

If Hertl is a no go (and I've never really bought that he was a real possibility as much as I would like that) this right here is the way to go. He's young enough to justify his contract for most of it and is a quality player.

Reactions: Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Hertl hated Kane, now Kane is gone. Sharks get $$/cap relief from that . Now they have more flexibility to sign Hertl. Small market teams generally try to keep popular players. Even if he has a NTC, there are probably at least 6 teams with better playoff aspirations teams that could outbid the Bruins and their empty prospect pool. The Sharks are, barely, but currently in a playoff spot.

which teams will outbid the Bruins for Hertl?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Thanks Hooper.

Hertl is my main target and I think the Bruins have as much a chance at him as any team, but I also think Karlsson would be a very Sweeney type move. Good player, fits the age group of the Bruins core and has term at a reasonable price, which Sweeney likes. With him being the odd man out like you said I think it's a good chance to take advantage of a rare opportunity where a good player with term needs to be moved off a good team.

I also think Giroux could be a legit Bruins target just based on fit.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
What makes you think the Bruins will out bid all the other teams?

There's going to be a ton of interest as he's the obvious top player out there and what makes you think San Jose won't re-sign him before the deadline ?
when did I say the Bruins would outbid every team or that they were a lock? Someone said it's absurd to think they have a chance. I think they have as good a shot as any other team that will have interest. That's all you can hope for with the trade deadline where there are usually more buyers than sellers.

So again, if it's nonsense that the Bruins could land Hertl, I'd love to see the list of "at least 6 teams" that will certainly outbid them.

Reactions: HustleB and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

They may eke out enough money to pay Hertl, But what do they do about the tens of millions owed to their elderly, no longer producing defensemen, that are preventing them from signing anyone good aside from Hertl?

And what if Hertl wants to play with Pasta for the next 5-7 years?

And, even if SJ wants to move him elsewhere, how many other teams have the cap space to absorb him?

2?

3?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'd look at it like this:

Golden Goose-> JT Miller/Hertl or Chychrun............they help us this year compete for a cup and Chychrun is signed for more years while Hertl could likely be convinced by Pasta to re-sign, Miller one more year
Second Tier-> Giroux or Klingberg or Giordano..........pure rentals but definitely improve our team to compete for a cup this season
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
After those 6 players, we're either adding depth or a trade for someone that no one here has talked about

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
when did I say the Bruins would outbid every team or that they were a lock? Someone said it's absurd to think they have a chance. I think they have as good a shot as any other team that will have interest. That's all you can hope for with the trade deadline where there are usually more buyers than sellers.

So again, if it's nonsense that the Bruins could land Hertl, I'd love to see the list of "at least 6 teams" that will certainly outbid them.

IMO. I don't see him leaving S.J and if he does, I don't see Sweeney being able to bring him to Boston. He has a three team trade list and for one no-one knows if the bruins are on it or will even be on it. That's all up to Hertl the ball is clearly in his court.

He picks his three teams and by March 21 He will have a pretty clear idea of which teams have the best chance of winning and where he would like to play.

I don't see it myself but I hope Im wrong as long as its a sign and trade but to many domininos have to fall in the right order for him to land in Boston and I just don't see that happening.

What makes you think the bruins have as good a shot as any other team that will have interest ?
Givin you don't know if Boston will be on his list and what other teams are on it and if the bruins are fortunate enough to be on his list, what can Sweeney offer up that would makes the Sharks bite ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
If anything it’s the exact opposite. Sweeney wasting assets on plugs to fill in these bottom 6 roles that don’t have the upside of Steen or the tenacity of Blidh would be the reason why we don’t go far in the playoffs.

^^^This! It seems for once they finally have younger players who've shown thus far, that they're capable of filling these roles. What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad