Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One positive about Giroux to Bruins is Flyers GM & Bruins GM are Harvard guys and known very good friends

Chuck Fletcher owes Donny for sending the Wild when he was GM the pick used for he who should not be named

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Giroux is a great player but not sure how I feel about him being the "primary" target. I don't love two mid-30 top6 centers. I don't see how a guy with his career is going to be content with 2nd PP scraps. I don't love giving up futures for a pure rental... Again, great player but not the fit that Hertl would be, both short and long-term.

Maybe he's the top target because they think they could use that NMC to get him cheap like Hall?

This seems like overthinking. He’s still a great player who fills a glaring hole AND I assume he wants to win the big prize.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd have to dig into who each guy faced, but Driedger is only at a -1.49 GSAA compared to Grubs -20.9 GSAA . Now granted that's in less GP, but if you want to look at it per60

Grubs: -0.92
Dreidger: -0.20

If you look at 5v5 SV% it doesn't look like Dreidger struggled as much

Grubs: .886 SV%
Driedger: .912 SV%

To your point about goalies numbers being predicated on the team in front of them, sure to a point I agree. Problem is though if that's the case, why give a nearly $6 million / 6yr deal to a guy when you're an expansion team that's more than likely going to be bad? On the other side, Ullmark is a guy who went from an awful team to a contender and his numbers at 5v5 are worse in Boston:

20-21 Ullmark - 1.96 GAA / 0.937 SV% / 0.60 GSAA per 60
21-22 Ullmark - 2.34 GAA / 0.916 SV% / -0.09 GSAA per 60

Look, I am not suggesting Grubauer is a great goalie, or has been great, but I have watched enough of the clown show in front of him to see that a big part of the problem is team defense. I don't know why Seattle spent that much on the guy. They clearly saw something besides advanced stats that made them go with him :dunno: It's just that the problems in Seattle, as you would expect from a real expansion franchise, are many and varied.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
They'd move him if he requested a trade. He's got a NMC but I'm not sure what his appetite would be to sit through a rebuild in Chicago and I think he'd go if the right deal presented itself and the team asked him.

The comments he made regarding the abuse scandal are fair points. He didn't handle that well.
They’d have to eat large amounts of his salary to make him worth it to the acquiring team unless he’s going to another rebuilding team trying to get above the cap floor.

He’s gonna need to improve his play before he can realistically request a trade imo. I think he just hangs around until the end of his deal next year then retires.

Kane is a different story, he has a bit more left in the tank, maybe he gets moved in the offseason. Both still stink of that Beach scandal if you ask me but if that’s ignored maybe they have some interest.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
They'd move him if he requested a trade. He's got a NMC but I'm not sure what his appetite would be to sit through a rebuild in Chicago and I think he'd go if the right deal presented itself and the team asked him.

The comments he made regarding the abuse scandal are fair points. He didn't handle that well.
I’d rather DeBrincat

Reactions: Tbaybruin

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Haula has 9 points in 12 games since being put with Pasta and Hall.

He's played fast, he's winning draws, defending well, he's moved the puck quickly, he drives to the net, he's first on the puck in the corners and has shown surprising balance and strength in the corners....

Sometimes skill guys need a plumber to complement them.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The 3rd line is also interesting. When DeBrusk is going through the motions they were pretty quiet. Recently DeBrusk has kicked it up a notch (especially his passing game) and now they're a real presence again. I understand they have to move JDB, but they also have to get a play driver to play with Coyle if they want that line to dominate their matchups (like in 2019).

If they get a C for line2, then that guy could be Haula, like Dom said. Haula-Coyle-Smith was a very good line for a couple games. But if they get a RW for line1, I don't think that second play driver is Smith. He's a shooter and he brings energy but I think having more of a playmaking presence on Coyle's left (like Mojo, like Hall, like Haula) brings out the best in CC13.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrincat in a deal with Lysell going the other way as a base :sarcasm:

Also wouldn't mind Murphy on the back end to play 3RD for us lol.
If the Bruins liked him they would have taken him over Beecher

Bruins getting away from short forwards and he’s Cole Caufield size

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

He's played fast, he's winning draws, defending well, he's moved the puck quickly, he drives to the net, he's first on the puck in the corners and has shown surprising balance and strength in the corners....

Red Army KLM line comes to my mind..Larionov doing all them things you just said for Makarov and Krutov .I agree here with you cause it's happened with lots of great lines of the past.I am sure we could name a few if we wanted to.

Reactions: PlayMakers and TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Tremendous match

Bennett was centering Huberdeau & Reinhart & boom

Haula very impressive since the rumored Sweeney & Cassidy fireside chat between Christmas & New Years

kudos to Bruce for being willing to change

I wish it happened when krejci asked to play with Pastrnak but at least Haula is a 200 foot responsible player on a GREAT contract

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Tremendous match

Bennett was centering Huberdeau & Reinhart & boom

Haula very impressive since the rumored Sweeney & Cassidy fireside chat between Christmas & New Years

kudos to Bruce for being willing to change

I wish it happened when krejci asked to play with Pastrnak but at least Haula is a 200 foot responsible player on a GREAT contract

I have yet to see any affirmation of said "fireside chat"

Reactions: Matt8871

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh duh

As @Alicat & my daughter will vouch I whined the entire way back to car at Longwood parking a good 20 minutes from draft party at Fenway bar. My guys were LaBerge, DeBrincat, & lindgren & man was I pissed - as I carried the Bruins autographed golf bag top door prize to car. Ali was I mad or what ?

In fairness my top pick was Lindgren where they took Freddy. I loved Debrincat gotta admit thought he was Theron Fleuryish without stuff

the Beecher was the pick over Kaliyev

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If the Bruins liked him they would have taken him over Beecher

Bruins getting away from short forwards and he’s Cole Caufield size

I think you mean Frederic not Beecher. Frederic was in the 2016 draft with DeBrincat and Beecher was in the 2019 draft. I think DeBrincat has put to rest the concerns about his size and if he could be a productive FWD in the NHL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think you mean Frederic not Beecher. Frederic was in the 2016 draft with DeBrincat and Beecher was in the 2019 draft. I think DeBrincat has put to rest the concerns about his size and if he could be a productive FWD in the NHL.
Yup - Thanks you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad