Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If you can get a younger player that is as good or better, is that not the better move?

what if the older guy doesnt command the same return back and could be just as good as the younger guy for the next 3 years at a better cap hit?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
what if the older guy doesnt command the same return back and could be just as good as the younger guy for the next 3 years at a better cap hit?

I really like the player. If we’re talking 50% retained I think there’s at least an argument. Debrusk and a 3rd or something in that ballpark. I still don’t think he fits into the timeline well, and $9+ for Coyle and Couture is rough. At full price his contract is brutal. Maybe the fourth worst on the Sharks but would be first worst almost anywhere else.

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Need to know the price of both to really have a comparison.

The younger is UFA and in theory should cost less to acquire. With the idea that we are re-signing Hertl.

Reactions: bbfan419

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I really like the player. If we’re talking 50% retained I think there’s at least an argument. Debrusk and a 3rd or something in that ballpark. I still don’t think he fits into the timeline well, and $9+ for Coyle and Couture is rough. At full price his contract is brutal. Maybe the fourth worst on the Sharks but would be first worst almost anywhere else.

probably a moot point anyway. the sharks are living in fantasyland and think they can compete.
can't imagine trading couture fits into their plan. down 3-0 again tonight, i'm sure hertl thinks
that train is heading toward a cup :laugh:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Speaking of Sharks, I have been impressed lately by Noah Gregor. Just a few viewings, but I wonder how the Sharks rate him and if a deal could be made there.

Reactions: Gordoff

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
How about

To Canucks: Debrusk, Frederic, Reilly, 2nd pick
To Bruins: Garland, Schenn

Marchand Bergeron Garland
Hall Studnicka Pasta
Haula Coyle Smith
Foligno Nosek Lazar
Blidh Steen

Vaaka McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Forbort Schenn
Clifton

Swayman
Ullmark

Garland would be a nice pickup. Like the way he plays

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
We'll all find out deadline day. I'm kind of worried about the goalie situation though. I feel like one of them has to go.

Edit: I almost made a new thread with a poll Ullmark/Swayman and who is #1 but the answers obvious imo.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I’m not DS and Cassidy hater…but to look at this team and say…”man, if we only added a goalie we’d in good shape.”

It’s mind bogglingly obtuse.

Goalie should literally be the furthest thing from their mind. It should be taking up zero time on the agenda.

We need a center and a defenseman and good ones…and we’re thinking of spending cap on goaltending? Absolutely insane.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

Donny in-on-it not in-on-it this time i guess

It's more that other teams have better prospects that they are able to part without screwing up their organization significantly.

And by significantly, I mostly just mean, the gap between Lysell and our next forward prospect is large.

We could give up Lohrei, but that's definitely not enough.

We just don't have the pieces and depth to do something significant, logistically looking at the depth charts.

Or maybe we do, and I'm just not seeing it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
We'll all find out deadline day. I'm kind of worried about the goalie situation though. I feel like one of them has to go.

Edit: I almost made a new thread with a poll Ullmark/Swayman and who is #1 but the answers obvious imo.
Wait wait...

Is goaltending the problem when you look at this team?

Just wondering, because that's not what I see.

Not saying they are the perfect options, but I haven't had goaltending on my list of things to fix on the priority list.

Much bigger fish to fry.

The good news, we can let Swayman to continue to develop because the team in front of him isn't going to win much.

Edit: I'm fine with moving Ullmark if it improves the team, but I'm not giving up assets to improve that position before seriously addressing other parts of the roster.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m not DS and Cassidy hater…but to look at this team and say…”man, if we only added a goalie we’d in good shape.”

It’s mind bogglingly obtuse.

Goalie should literally be the furthest thing from their mind. It should be taking up zero time on the agenda.

We need a center and a defenseman and good ones…and we’re thinking of spending cap on goaltending? Absolutely insane.
Exactly. I've lost all faith in the brain-flush that is the Boston Bruins front office.
If they had an
owner who cared about anything but the money they'd see what most of us see here.
Right now we're treading water but when there's no Bergeron, and no true #2 center and maybe a Marchand departure in a few years?
Added to that is the Keystone Cops defense group and this is a Bruins team like I've never seen or envisioned in my 53+ years of being a fan.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Unexciting. But we should have the all-around capital to make this happen. It at least addresses the issues that plague this team. I just don’t see the top names coming in. Roslovic has room to grow and I’m up for rolling the dice that he can find Hall and Smith. That’s all I want him to do. Crous adds more sandpaper and can contribute on the scoresheet. Two birds. The D is more rugged with de Hann and more prick-ish with Risto. Deslauriers is a dream, but a good one on nights Mac may be targeted. They need a guy that can answer, and it isn’t Marchand or Foligno lol. Losing Frederick stinks, I like the kid, but it feels like he’ll need to be included to get this done. Carlo has regressed but should still have solid value. He’s just too soft. The Bruins need to stop egging him to be nasty and move on. It’s not in him. Clifton should have some value, he’s up and down like a trampoline, but he’s toolsy. Ahcan, well, cheap puck movers might have some value late in the day. Had to give a little to get…but this deadline hardly kills the future. Tried to find balance between doing right by Bergy and not losing focus moving forward.

Flame away.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Hall-Roslovic-Smith
Crous-Coyle-Steen
Blidh-Lazar-Foligno
Deslauriers

De Haan/McAvoy
Ristolainen/Gryz
Forbort/Reilly
Vaak

Swayman/Linus

Trade pool:
Carlo
DeBrusk
Frederick
Clifton
Ahcan
Picks (keeping top pick)
Prospects (middling)

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

mostly due to coyle in your example since couture at 4m is a steal but id rather couture at 100% salary. That would significantly drop his price to something similar to debrusk and a 3rd where hertl as a rental is more like lysell and a 1st. And couture at 8m while steep wont be a big deal if they can deal ullmark in the offseason and bergeron retires. Is he overpaid a bit? Sure. But id rather couture at 8m at age 33 than studnicka or anyone else they try slotting in the top 6 next year as a center. At least couture is really good and a legit top 6 centerman

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Who's the link to the rumor on M-A Fleury? I mean is there really one, it sounds way out in space IMO

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
And if they are interested in Fleury, I wonder who's really running this ship. To think the Bruins would be contenders without solving #2 center and adding a quality defenseman is nonsense really. They need to add two defensemen with one at least a D with some snarl and toughness to him.
They got by the Senators just because of excellent goaltending not because they outplayed Ottawa.

The Senators are hardly a true meassuring these days. Rather says a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad