Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah I could see that.

Do you have any idea if they would seriously hold on to him longterm? I like Jake I just don’t see how it makes much sense to hang on to him even if he wanted to stay.
No I don't. Anything I know, i have already said.

I don't believe that trade with Edmonton as tweeted, is possible for the Oilers with their situation

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Marchy Bergy Pasta
Debrusk Hall Smith
Haula Coyle Foligno
Nosek Frederic Lazar

Hall played center at Arizona...?!?!

Reactions: HustleB

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yeah I could see that.

Do you have any idea if they would seriously hold on to him longterm? I like Jake I just don’t see how it makes much sense to hang on to him even if he wanted to stay.

I like JDB too but I think the team is deep at LW and a little short on RW talent. And with the current depth chart it seems like Jake is the odd man out for LWs.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This deal does make perfect sense for Sweengenius. They need a big, physical forward or at least a productive player with Hall on line 2. So it makes perfect sense Sweengenius would look to acquire a smaller, softer player who also can't score.

Why does this idiot still have a job? Even Monty Burns has to have enough hockey sense to realize Donnie Dunderhead is wasting his money and putting his collection plate in some small jeapody.

I can’t think of anyone on the planet who would like Kailer Yamamoto less than Fenian.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So Boston needs to take on cap space for JDB to work for Edmonton?

Neely mentioned them wanting to get more physical.

EDM: DeBrusk + something

BOS: Yamamoto + Kassian

Marchand — Bergeron — Yamamoto
Hall — Coyle — Pastrnak
Haula — Studnicka — Smith
Foligno — Nosek — Kassian
Blidh/Frederic

4th line has some competition now. I could see every player there battling for him until the right combination hits.

Grzelcyk — McAvoy
Reilly — Carlo
Forbort — Moore
Clifton

Rask/Ullmark/Swayman

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I mean if we want to call people “childish jerks” maybe the guy begging out rather than stepping up, playing his tail off and being accountable would be a good place to start.

Here’s hoping he’s swayed by the adults in the room and takes the next step in growing up
Even though I feel Neely is a childish jerk, it does NOT mean that I absolve Jake of anything. You are correct, he NEEDS to play his ass off, which he hasn't done in what, 2-3 years? He is after all supposed to be an NHL player. I've seen enough of his act too. IMO all involved are in one way or another complicit in this "team" and season, Covid notwithstanding.
They ALL need a trip to the woodshed.

Last edited:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Hall — Coyle — Pastrnak
Blidh/Frederic

4th line has some competition now. I could see every player there battling for him until the right combination hits.

Grzelcyk — McAvoy
Reilly — Carlo
Forbort — Moore
Clifton

Rask/Ullmark/Swayman
That’s an expensive 4th line.

I wouldn’t touch Kassian unless he’s retained, he has another 2 years.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Lol what a world. We are trading Debrusk for Edmonton’s version of debrusk, but their version of Debrusk is two four inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter.

Hopefully Sweeney takes one of their bad contracts that end at the same time as foligno and haulas. Ideally get at least a 2nd round pick for taking on the contract and freeing cap space for them.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I mean if we want to call people “childish jerks” maybe the guy begging out rather than stepping up, playing his tail off and being accountable would be a good place to start.

Here’s hoping he’s swayed by the adults in the room and takes the next step in growing up
It's just like a dysfunctional family.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Hall — Coyle — Pastrnak
Blidh/Frederic

Grzelcyk — McAvoy
Reilly — Carlo
Forbort — Moore
Clifton

Rask/Ullmark/Swayman

Get more physical by putting a 150 pound guy on our first line. But at least we get an expensive 4th liner in the deal

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Couldn't the B's, Edmonton and SJ make some sort of trade in some combination of Ullmark , Debrusk, Pulji, Nugent-Hopkins, Hertl and Kane with SJ retaining money on Kane's contract. Some combo where Nugent-Hopkins and Debrusk going to SJ, Kane and Ullmark going to Edm and Boston receiving Hertl and Pulji. I am sure other players and/or picks might be needed to even out salary. Just a fun thought I wanted to throw out here. I'm sure I will get killed out here but that's OK with me. Have at it. :)

As an oiler fan... you guys take Kane.

Like oiler fans seems you guys over think trades and make them bigger then they are.

From the oilers perspective, we can not do Yamamoto for Debrusk one for one. We are in cap hell and I think that is where the deal falls apart.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If they make this trade it won't take long for Bruins fans to be on Yamamoto's case, this guy looks like Ryan Spooner 2.0

As an oiler fan he goes MIA sometimes.

As I said I am an oiler fan and I am trying to be unbiased as I can.

Oilers have had to use the nuclear option of using McDavid and Leon in the same line too often because when the shit gets real Yamamoto and everyone else who plays in the top 6 goes MIA

So that includes Yamamoto who is not quite the main whipping boy he is moving up the depth chart in that way.

I think Yamamoto could be helped with a change of scenery and with the right players he could do a lot of damage.

What concerns me if you guys are getting Rask back... I think that you guys move Ullmark and not Swayman. The kid looks good and just needs time to develop and getting rask back helps. What scares me is the oilers may take Ullmark off your hands. Never been a fan of his and do not like that contract

Reactions: bbfan419

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I love this trade if its true. It's for the now and the future yammo has the skill to put some decent points on the board. Only 23 yrs old.

He is one of if not the smallest ( weight wise ) players in the NHL who produces very mediocre offense, why in the world should the Bruins be interested in this featherweight, furthermore he wouldn't be of much use in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad