Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
Just to rip a fresh thread... I propose a trade that involves Jake DeBrusk, but does not involve Evander Kane! =)

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
https://thehockeywriters.com/rangers-include-georgiev-kravtsov-potential-debrusk-trade/

Rangers second & fourth line centers UFA. Rooney probably returns or ends up in Montreal but Strome no money he like Buchnevich are sacrificed due to cap

Rangers organizational defense arguably #1 in game - after they get done paying Miller they will be over 30 M in salaries on D

they got multiple defenseman blocked who are legit high end

Studnicka would be a guy I go after

I’m a big Zac Jones (UMass) fan and he looked good last season call up

Studnicka & DeBrusk for Kravtsov & Jones

although I first go after Hertl and Miller/Horvat because of ages Of core

with Rangers you swap headaches - Kravtsov & DeBrusk

Studnicka for Jones is a positional thing to good prospects blocked who the other could use (I get Reilly there & Ahcan intriguing but Jones to me is really really really good) maybe Bruins still think can lure Jordy Harris away from Habs but Gorton throws doubt and Zac Jones can play in NHL @Smitty93 am I off here ? You are excellent at this area. Feasible or pipe dream lol

Bruins would have lot of left D but Jones would be outstanding here

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
https://thehockeywriters.com/rangers-include-georgiev-kravtsov-potential-debrusk-trade/

Rangers second & fourth line centers UFA. Rooney probably returns or ends up in Montreal but Strome no money he like Buchnevich are sacrificed due to cap

Rangers organizational defense arguably #1 in game - after they get done paying Miller they will be over 30 M in salaries on D

Studnicka for Jones is a positional thing to good prospects blocked who the other could use (I get Reilly there & Ahcan intriguing but Jones to me is really really really good)

Sold. Fax it to Sweeney and let him take full credit for it. I’ll change my avatar back.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Management needs to decide if they want to go for it with Bergeron still around or not. My guess is the window for this team is this year or next and then the window shuts. Why do I think that:

-Bergeron probably has another year left
-McAvoy $9.5 kicks in next year
-Pastrnak is a UFA after next year and he'll be looking for a long term deal like McAvoy

Those are 3 pretty big reasons, not even factoring in other guys guys looking for raises over the next few years. If they're going for it, I'd say only Lohrei and Lysell are untouchable for prospects, anyone else is fair game. Draft picks too, 100% fair game. If they want to trade multiple first to improve this team now then do it. I get the concern that our prospect pool is already weak as it is and we need more talent.....but were in this situation because our group management group who for the most part has done a poor job of drafting and developing.

I hate to say it because I hate the team so much, but look at what Tampa did. They brought it a lot of those key pieces they needed to push them over the edge via using 1st round picks and dealing prospects....

upload_2021-12-6_8-43-27.png

McDonagh became a key part of that Tampa Bay defense and Miller they flipped into....

upload_2021-12-6_8-44-56.png

The 1st rounder that TBL got in this deal was used to bring in....

upload_2021-12-6_8-47-11.png

and then the other key piece to TBL's depth the past few years was also acquired using a 1st round pick

upload_2021-12-6_8-47-54.png

Last year TBL needed some help on defensive side and went out and got Savard using a 1st

upload_2021-12-6_8-51-54.png

The best player TBL traded away in all these deals was JT Miller, who they got with McDonaugh. Sure there are some nice young players/prospects, but Tampa has back to back cups and outside of JT Miller, nothing they traded away is a legit impact player in the NHL.

As I said before the window is very close to close. If we're going to go for a mini 1-2 year run then push all the chips to the table and don't worry about the future. Its a lot easier to deal with a rebuild when you've won a cup vs. dealing with a rebuild after coming up short.

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-6_8-51-29.png
    upload_2021-12-6_8-51-29.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 1

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
So nice work recapping. I agree on the window, but I also wonder whether the Bruins even would be at the level to be considered Cup favorites if they sold off those kind of pieces.

Let's say they end up with Krejci and Rask, which I think is possible. Then they move a big piece (1st, prospects) for a real top 4 Dman. Not a Mike Reilly type - a McDonagh type. At that point are they Cup contenders? Well they're a hell of a lot better. Tough call.

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
The game performances against Nashville and Tampa at least opened my eyes that this team can be good. While Bruins had problems in those games too - with a few acquisitions anything could be still possible. Actually now is the last chance to do what you need to do if management wants to.
There are more forwards than defenders. I mean top 4 defenders. There are maybe a few realistic options out there. Lindholm was kind of a really big fish but Anaheim is doing well now so he’s hardly an option.
Who would you suggest? I looked through all the teams and wondered which players could possibly be part of the trade, but there are very few such all-around top 4 defenders.

• Giordano
  • Chiarot
  • Graves (I don't think the Devils want to give up)
  • Leddy
There are not many options. Some of the above names are more like ''low tier'' top 4 D.
Personally i am not interested in Klingberg. I don’t think he’s the kind of defender we need most. I don’t know if Dallas will even want to give up on him now that the team is caught in the playoff spot.

So let's talk and think! I am not an expert and I want to hear from you.
What would be your suggestions?

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't understand why so many seem to think David Krejci is coming back. He's not.

Nobody goes to all the trouble he's gone to in order to move his family to the Czech Republic only to move everyone back just 4 months later. It's not happening. He's gone. Full stop.

I find it very amusing that a lot of the people who wish him back wanted him gone ("lazy", "disinterested" blah blah blah) Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it, good & hard.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Studnicka for Jones is a positional thing to good prospects blocked who the other could use (I get Reilly there & Ahcan intriguing but Jones to me is really really really good) maybe Bruins still think can lure Jordy Harris away from Habs but Gorton throws doubt and Zac Jones can play in NHL @Smitty93 am I off here ? You are excellent at this area. Feasible or pipe dream lol

yeah, just what the Bruins need... another goalie and/or a Russian kid who went back to the KHL

not saying I don't see a different fit with the Rags, but that article doesn't do it for me

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I don't understand why so many seem to think David Krejci is coming back. He's not.

Nobody goes to all the trouble he's gone to in order to move his family to the Czech Republic only to move everyone back just 4 months later. It's not happening. He's gone. Full stop.

I find it very amusing that a lot of the people who wish him back wanted him gone ("lazy", "disinterested" blah blah blah) Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it, good & hard.

truthfully while it may be a long shot. He does have a family that got used to living here maybe they want to return which is probably all the motivation he needs to return.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Management needs to decide if they want to go for it with Bergeron still around or not.

I think it comes down to are they willing to move a 1st rounder in 2022 or possibly 2023 to bring in help now. Because the type of help they need is going to cost a 1st rounder minimum and more pieces besides. For example, if I'm SJ and looking to deal Hertl and the GM who wants to acquire him is making their 2022 1st rounder a hill to die on, then if I'm SJ I'm saying don't call back unless your willing to talk about that 1st round pick. That 2022 1st rounder is the Bruins most valuable young asset, by far.

Reactions: Gordoff and ON3M4N

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Management needs to decide if they want to go for it with Bergeron still around or not. My guess is the window for this team is this year or next and then the window shuts. Why do I think that:

-Bergeron probably has another year left
-McAvoy $9.5 kicks in next year
-Pastrnak is a UFA after next year and he'll be looking for a long term deal like McAvoy

Those are 3 pretty big reasons, not even factoring in other guys guys looking for raises over the next few years. If they're going for it, I'd say only Lohrei and Lysell are untouchable for prospects, anyone else is fair game. Draft picks too, 100% fair game. If they want to trade multiple first to improve this team now then do it. I get the concern that our prospect pool is already weak as it is and we need more talent.....but were in this situation because our group management group who for the most part has done a poor job of drafting and developing.

I hate to say it because I hate the team so much, but look at what Tampa did. They brought it a lot of those key pieces they needed to push them over the edge via using 1st round picks and dealing prospects....

View attachment 487918

McDonagh became a key part of that Tampa Bay defense and Miller they flipped into....

View attachment 487920

The 1st rounder that TBL got in this deal was used to bring in....

View attachment 487921

and then the other key piece to TBL's depth the past few years was also acquired using a 1st round pick

View attachment 487922

Last year TBL needed some help on defensive side and went out and got Savard using a 1st

View attachment 487924

The best player TBL traded away in all these deals was JT Miller, who they got with McDonaugh. Sure there are some nice young players/prospects, but Tampa has back to back cups and outside of JT Miller, nothing they traded away is a legit impact player in the NHL.

As I said before the window is very close to close. If we're going to go for a mini 1-2 year run then push all the chips to the table and don't worry about the future. Its a lot easier to deal with a rebuild when you've won a cup vs. dealing with a rebuild after coming up short.
it's wild to me that Tampa gave up the 2018 #28 pick in the original McDonagh/Miller deal, and then later flipped Miller for the #20 pick in 2020. Talk about return on investment.

Reactions: Gordoff and ON3M4N

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think it comes down to are they willing to move a 1st rounder in 2022 or possibly 2023 to bring in help now. Because the type of help they need is going to cost a 1st rounder minimum and more pieces besides. For example, if I'm SJ and looking to deal Hertl and the GM who wants to acquire him is making their 2022 1st rounder a hill to die on, then if I'm SJ I'm saying don't call back unless your willing to talk about that 1st round pick. That 2022 1st rounder is the Bruins most valuable young asset, by far.

I suggested it in the previous trade thread --- but I'd give up a 1 for Hertl right now --- spend the next 3 months trying to extend him. If he agrees --- the first was worth it. If he doesn't and you think you can make a legitimate run at the cup -- roll the dice and go for it.

If he doesn't extend and you don't think you can win a cup this year, trade him at the deadline and get your #1 back.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I suggested it in the previous trade thread --- but I'd give up a 1 for Hertl right now --- spend the next 3 months trying to extend him. If he agrees --- the first was worth it. If he doesn't and you think you can make a legitimate run at the cup -- roll the dice and go for it.

If he doesn't extend and you don't think you can win a cup this year, trade him at the deadline and get your #1 back.

Trading Hertl before the deadline (by SJ) would be severe GM malpractice, probably warranting a firing. This is an asset you put out for bid.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Who would you suggest? I looked through all the teams and wondered which players could possibly be part of the trade, but there are very few such all-around top 4 defenders.

• Giordano
  • Chiarot
  • Graves (I don't think the Devils want to give up)
  • Leddy
There are not many options. Some of the above names are more like ''low tier'' top 4 D.
Personally i am not interested in Klingberg. I don’t think he’s the kind of defender we need most. I don’t know if Dallas will even want to give up on him now that the team is caught in the playoff spot.

So let's talk and think! I am not an expert and I want to hear from you.
What would be your suggestions?
  • Zboril.
This team does a great job suppressing shots and scoring chances. Their issues have been goaltending and goal scoring. The goaltending has been better of late and should solidify with Rask coming back, but they need a bona fide 2nd line talent to fix the 2nd line. The Bruins don't have a lot to give up so I'd spend my cap space and trade assets there. Meanwhile, let's see if Zboril can become the player he was drafted to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad