NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread VIII - Trade Deadline Eve - NO POLITICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Chara and Greene were both logical candidates to move on Monday, but Lamoriello said the two asked to remain with the Islanders if possible.

Asked about a potential new contract for head coach Barry Trotz, whose deal expires at the end of the 2022-23 season, Lamoriello declined to comment, calling it “a question for the future.”

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Am I color blind or is that black and gold on the inside....?

🤪

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Back when Vegas acquired Dadonov from Ottawa back on July 28, both the Golden Knights and the NHL had been led to believe that Dadonov's partial no-trade clause had either not been exercised correctly or had expired. As it turns out, that's not the case and Dadonov did file his no-trade list on time. That's not terribly important when it comes to the Ottawa-to-Vegas trade because Vegas wasn't on the list of teams he couldn't be traded to. Where this matters is that when Vegas attempted to trade Dadonov to Anaheim on Monday, they did so incorrectly believing Dadonov didn't have any no-trade protection. It now looks like he does and that's why his trade to Anaheim might be voided. If that happens, Vegas would be in a very awkward spot because they were moving Dadonov for cap reasons. The Golden Knights would still be able to trade him - or any player - despite the deadline being passed, but players who are dealt after the trade deadline can't play for the remainder of the 2021-22 campaign or in the postseason for any team that acquires them, so no contender would have any reason to trade with the Golden Knights at this point. Additionally, Vegas would have to adhere to Dadonov's no-trade list, further limiting their options.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Vegas lost again tonight to Minny.

They are 1 point up on Dallas, but the Stars have 5 games in hand.

Them missing the playoffs would be so enjoyable.
Vegas, welcome to the Eichel experience. I said that trade would change the fortunes of both franchises-and it appears a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Vegas, welcome to the Eichel experience. I said that trade would change the fortunes of both franchises-and it appears a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
they have Lehner, Stone, McNabb, Smith & Martinez all either on IR or LTIR right now but sure it's all Jack Eichel's fault.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So what exactly happens if the Dadonov trade is voided and vegas finds itself over the cap after the deadline? Do they have to waive someone to bury money in the AHL?

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
OMG Bieber might just be a Bruin fan....

My thoughts on the Toronto uniform experiment.......I've deleted the words, but if you are familiar with the show, you know....
1647995327376.png

I'm sure it'll be popular with the 12 year old skateboard crowd.....and Mitch Marner.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Watching the Carolina-Tampa game tonight and enjoying it thoroughly.

Carolina is buzzing in the 2nd, but Freddy Andersen looks shaky in a big game.........like THAT'S a surprise.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad