Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
And the Bs have two games left against the Leafs, including the final game of the season for both teams. Would be something if 3rd in the division came down to that final game.

What would be interesting is if you finish 3rd and have to play TB. Personally, I would rather play Florida given Boston's 2-8 record in the PO against this TB core and take my chances with Panthers.
Either way Boston would be certain underdogs.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Leaf fans screaming about Dubas and Tavares contract.Its a good night:tvhappy:

Haven't looked at their site but Leaf fans were
complaining about their goaltending issue.
I was not a believer in Campbell and definitely not
Mrazek. Wouldn't be shocked to see them panic deal and try to engineer a Fleury deal shipping off Campbell and another piece.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Suspended the player for a year. He made a racial gesture towards Jalen Smereck last September

He plays on a KHL team as well as the Ukrainian National team.

Poorly worded statement and really shitty timing

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
New rumors coming from Steve Simmons from the Toronto Sun as well as from TSN that Blackhawks goalie Marc Andre Fleury is a prime trade target for the Boston Bruins this upcoming deadline. To which I say, you have got to be f***ing kidding me. You have got to be kidding me. Of all the holes the Bruins have on their roster, they are looking to get another high priced goalie? I understand that Fleury is a multiple cup winning goalie, but he isn't the same player. In 38 starts, Fleury is 16-18-4 with a GAA of 2.80 and a save percentage of .912. That's atrocious given his standard. I know he's on a bottom team, but still. For the cap hit he has (which is $7 million aav btw) and the lack of performance he has atm, the fact that Sweeney thinks this is the answer rather than his young goalie down the stretch is disgraceful.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
New rumors coming from Steve Simmons from the Toronto Sun as well as from TSN that Blackhawks goalie Marc Andre Fleury is a prime trade target for the Boston Bruins this upcoming deadline. To which I say, you have got to be f***ing kidding me. You have got to be kidding me. Of all the holes the Bruins have on their roster, they are looking to get another high priced goalie? I understand that Fleury is a multiple cup winning goalie, but he isn't the same player. In 38 starts, Fleury is 16-18-4 with a GAA of 2.80 and a save percentage of .912. That's atrocious given his standard. I know he's on a bottom team, but still. For the cap hit he has (which is $7 million aav btw) and the lack of performance he has atm, the fact that Sweeney thinks this is the answer rather than his young goalie down the stretch is disgraceful.

Can we see Sweeney actually do this instead of taking Steve freaking Simmons’ word for it? I will be beyond shocked if Sweeney trades for Fleury, and for Fleury to waive to come here for that matter.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Can we see Sweeney actually do this instead of taking Steve freaking Simmons’ word for it? I will be beyond shocked if Sweeney trades for Fleury, and for Fleury to waive to come here for that matter.

Simmons is one of the most plugged in people in hockey. The fact you would just automatically dismiss it because "it hasn't happened yet" is absurd. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it isn't a possibility. Also TSN has confirmed Simmons report in the Toronto Sun that the Bruins are in on getting Marc Andre Fleury. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't be shocked if Fleury waived his no trade to play on a playoff team. Which, by the way, the Boston Bruins are currently.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Simmons is one of the most plugged in people in hockey. The fact you would just automatically dismiss it because "it hasn't happened yet" is absurd. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it isn't a possibility. Also TSN has confirmed Simmons report in the Toronto Sun that the Bruins are in on getting Marc Andre Fleury. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't be shocked if Fleury waived his no trade to play on a playoff team. Which, by the way, the Boston Bruins are currently.

“the fact that Sweeney thinks this is the answer rather than his young goalie down the stretch is disgraceful.”

This is what I’m referring to. Disgraceful.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
“the fact that Sweeney thinks this is the answer rather than his young goalie down the stretch is disgraceful.”

This is what I’m referring to. Disgraceful.

It is. Like Jesus H Christ, how many more goalies do the Bruins need to throw in front of Swayman until they actually trust him to be the starter? They signed Ullmark to a ridiculous contract that no one else was going to pay and he's been a backup quality goalie. They tried to have Tuukka come back and his hip wasn't 100% enough for him to last. Now they want to possibly trade for Marc Andre Fleury? Just trust the kid and give him some bodies up front in the d core. Why do they keep trying to mess with Swayman and the goalie lineup rather than just build around him? The kid isn't going to get better if you keep shuffling him between the NHL and AHL. The only way Swayman will grow as a goalie is if you give him the reigns and not keep trying to get some random vet to replace him as the starter. The Bruins have bigger holes to fill rather than goalie.

Reactions: BBruins

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
It is. Like Jesus H Christ, how many more goalies do the Bruins need to throw in front of Swayman until they actually trust him to be the starter? They signed Ullmark to a ridiculous contract that no one else was going to pay and he's been a backup quality goalie. They tried to have Tuukka come back and his hip wasn't 100% enough for him to last. Now they want to possibly trade for Marc Andre Fleury? Just trust the kid and give him some bodies up front in the d core. Why do they keep trying to mess with Swayman and the goalie lineup rather than just build around him? The kid isn't going to get better if you keep shuffling him between the NHL and AHL. The only way Swayman will grow as a goalie is if you give him the reigns and not keep trying to get some random vet to replace him as the starter. The Bruins have bigger holes to fill rather than goalie.
This move would, 100% mean they have anointed Sway as the starter, NOT as bringing in Fleury to be the #1

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
This move would, 100% mean they have anointed Sway as the starter, NOT as bringing in Fleury to be the #1

Why bring in Fleury at all then? There's no point. You have your starter in Swayman and your backup in Ullmark. An overpriced backup, but a backup nonetheless. Do you think that Fleury will want to play backup to a rookie goalie like Swayman?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Believe it when I see it

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why bring in Fleury at all then? There's no point. You have your starter in Swayman and your backup in Ullmark. An overpriced backup, but a backup nonetheless. Do you think that Fleury will want to play backup to a rookie goalie like Swayman?
there's no way Fleury comes in without Ullmark going out. So either Ullmark will waive his NMC or the deal doesn't happen.

this is assuming Sweeney has 3 active brain cells. so i guess anything can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad