NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread V: NHL postpones all Flames, Panthers, Avs games through 12/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Appears to be burnout plus knowing the guys need a new voice in the room.

I respect him for this.

He's a human being doing a job and like many people now nearly 2-years in are becoming burned out. Even people working in industry's they love.

Then factor in he's been a head coach at the pro level over a quarter-century now without a significant break from coaching, that's a long time in high-pressure positions.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He's a human being doing a job and like many people now nearly 2-years in are becoming burned out. Even people working in industry's they love.

Then factor in he's been a head coach at the pro level over a quarter-century now without a significant break from coaching, that's a long time in high-pressure positions.
I'm seeing it in my current workplace. A lot of retirements from people who aren't near retirement age and others who are walking away without a job in order to take a break.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I wasn't a fan of Maurice's coaching, but always seemed like a class act. I'm guessing the team and PoMo arranged for his resignation, seems like a classy way to handle this after a 9-year coaching tenure.

Reactions: Bruinaura

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm seeing it in my current workplace. A lot of retirements from people who aren't near retirement age and others who are walking away without a job in order to take a break.

We've seen the same from a retirement standpoint.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Not sure how I feel about suspensions getting reduced based on how many games the victim misses.

I agree. While I thought the reduction was warranted, I'm not comfortable with using how long the victim is impacted being part of the equation.

Let's say I'm a player and an opposing player stomps on the back of my leg with his skate. (which is almost always a suspension) Let's say that I'm one tough MFer and only miss that game and the next. Should the suspension be reduced in that case because I came back quickly? I don't think so.

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The cases are coming in like every second but some teams are getting close to last year’s totals.

Last years totals:
B3AFB2D8-84C5-4BB1-B846-2CC0A2E8F4E5.jpeg

This years totals:
75F1C350-0364-43B5-8E3C-25D099255F63.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad