NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread V: NHL postpones all Flames, Panthers, Avs games through 12/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-11-20_3-22-7.png

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I can't believe the Red Sox owners are buying the Penguins.

What's next, Kraft is gonna buy the Habs?

A weird though indeed.

Sox ownership are business people through and through. As wealthy and as much of a businessman as Kraft is, owning the Patriots is a dream because he was a legitimate fan and was raised a New Englander. So I think we’re safe from that nightmare.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Looks like Markstrom played for Calgary tonight, so a Swayman vs. Vladar matchup is likely.

I'll give Bowness a pass. His job is to ice the best team, and if Hintz and Seguin were available, he had to give them the nod over Tufte. Some suggested he could've pulled Kiviranta, but I don't know all the details.

The new building in New York looks impressive. I can't tell if the seats are as close together as at TD Garden, as all I could see were the Aisles.;)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I talked to some friends who were at the Islanders opener and they all said the new barn is loud with tremendous sightlines.

The key is the new arena is now accessible by transit from Manhattan as the LIRR opened their first new station in 50 years just 2 days ago on the mainline. Uniondale was not transit-friendly.

I am happy for their hardcore fans

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I guess playing at home didn’t help the Isles, that’s 5 losses in a row now.
It won't get much better with Chara in the top 4. He is absolutely brutal. Love what he did for us but the guy is tarnishing his legacy by continuing to play and it's even more noticable when your 6'9" tall. It was time to take a front office job with the B's 3 or 4 years ago and go out on a positive.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It won't get much better with Chara in the top 4. He is absolutely brutal. Love what he did for us but the guy is tarnishing his legacy by continuing to play and it's even more noticable when your 6'9" tall. It was time to take a front office job with the B's 3 or 4 years ago and go out on a positive.
That's a bit harsh based on what I've watched of Chara this season. Chara is far from the issue with the NYI at the moment. He's leading the Isles d-men in hits and is playing some tough minutes. Having the lowest goals for in the entire NHL is what's killing the Isles. Yes, even lower goals for than the Coyotes and 5 less than Montreal, the third worst team in goals for in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad