Speculation: 2021-2022 Coyotes Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Certain names are worthy of nicknames other than the standard incredibly boring nicknames players give each other. I wish they'd start calling him Manilow.

Just reminded myself I used to call Yandle "Jelly". While his teammates never called him this that I know of, I did see in some writeup where he was asked some questions...one of which was his nickname. His response: Jelly.
Jelly comes from his initials K.Y. Or KY Jelly. Which is probably why you never heard it on tv. Can’t be making sexual lubricant references on live television after all.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Playing for a role of a back up. We will trade him for a 3rd round pick and day old tuna sandwich.

BA plan is to finish embarrassingly last. Will trade anything that stands in his way.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Jelly comes from his initials K.Y. Or KY Jelly. Which is probably why you never heard it on tv. Can’t be making sexual lubricant references on live television after all.
I know. Now if we can just change Copa or whatever boring nickname and replace it with Manilow since that can and should be used on live television.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
So according to our best friend Friedman, the Sharks are willing to retain on Kane if they trade him.

Maybe if we are willing and dumb enough we could give them Kessel and they give us Kane (50% retained) pluse some picks and they pay for treatment for his gamblling problem + somebody to whoop his ass if he acts out again.

Could be nice. Or bad, you decide.

(duck and cover)

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Kane would be brutal as a PR aspect for the Yotes. We have enough problems with no arena and can’t even manage an embarrassing tank, 2 points from 28 to 32 in the standings. Next few moves will be very important to fan base of the Yotes

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
The team already has to fight against the tank culture, they don't need to open up another front in the building a winning culture war by babysitting Kane.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
It’s very likely Kane will never play another game in the NHL again. What’s the buyout look like for him?

Sharks send us great picks and Kane, we send them Kessel and buy out Kane.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It’s very likely Kane will never play another game in the NHL again. What’s the buyout look like for him?

Sharks send us great picks and Kane, we send them Kessel and buy out Kane.
That's a $10 million buyout, a tough ask from most Owners.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe they'll take Schmaltz too. Offset Kane buy out by moving Schmaltz's salary

Schmaltz
Kessel @ 50%

Kane
A load of great picks
I would honestly go straight up if they took Schmaltz!!!! I do happen to own irrational dislike for the player.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Additional players to Kane (Buy out necessary) I'd like to target

Pacioretty or Dadonov
Gardiner
Lucic
Bishop
Panik

Have their GM's send picks and prospects for these guys. Hopefully they pump up their values so we can trade them at the next deadline

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Honest question, don’t we have to many picks already? Only so many contacts and spots for the picks to play.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Honest question, don’t we have to many picks already? Only so many contacts and spots for the picks to play.

Can't, picks will always hold value, players can become negative assets. At the very least we can use additional picks to add to trades, or consolidate to move up in the draft. Can't really do that with any roster player like you can with a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad