Pre-Game Talk: 2021-2022 Colorado Avalanche in-season thread - Part II: American Turkey Time

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Toronto is gonna be tough. I'm happy with L-W-W this week. I'll be at the Ottawa game so I'm happy Mack is coming back and if Kale or Bo get injured on the back to back I'll shit a brick.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
My family is all from Toronto and the Leafs have only beat the Avs at home twice since 2007. So I'm all for adding to that dismal record.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I personally believe you don’t just default to a system that has given the Avs troubles in the playoffs, and that is stacking the top line.

The team has been rolling for 8 games. Keep the two current top-6 lines together and get MacKinnon back in working hard on his own.

Newhook-MacKinnon-NAK
Landeskog-Rantanen-O’Connor
Nuke-Kadri-Bura
Helm-Jost-Megna

You could probably get away with playing the 4th line around 8 minutes.

I have a hard time seeing Bednar inserting Kaut into the lineup. I think we'll still see Megna in there.
Completely forgot about him. You’re definitely right.

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Hockey gods, when Byram returned:

upload_2021-11-29_12-30-2.gif

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Thank god the obsession with a right hand shot on the bumper on PP1 is over, Kadri is so much better than whatever right handed bum they put there.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I personally believe you don’t just default to a system that has given the Avs troubles in the playoffs, and that is stacking the top line.

The team has been rolling for 8 games. Keep the two current top-6 lines together and get MacKinnon back in working hard on his own.

Newhook-MacKinnon-NAK
Landeskog-Rantanen-O’Connor
Nuke-Kadri-Bura
Helm-Jost-Megna

You could probably get away with playing the 4th line around 8 minutes.

Completely forgot about him. You’re definitely right.
LOC doesn’t belong on the top line. So many plays die on his stick. Top line really hasn’t been good at all ever since MacKinnon went down. Two of Rantanen’s goal were on the PP last game and the other one was a mixed up line during a change. Put LOC with Newhook and NAK, Jost can be 4C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad