Pre-Game Talk: 2021-2022 Colorado Avalanche in-season thread - Part II: American Turkey Time

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
So....

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Bura
LOC - Newhook - NAK
Helm - Jost - Kaut

For lines maybe? Am I forgetting anyone?

how about:

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Bura

Jost- Newhook - NAK —- they’ve been playing good. Let’s let them keep going

Helm - Megna- LOC—- LOC doesn’t deserve to be on the 4th line, but him and Helm are the only two guys that have shown any chemistry down there. Otherwise it’s just been 3 guys playing 3 different games.

when Compher comes back, he can bump Jost down to 4th line center.

edit: I just checked Megan’s face off % is much better than Jost. Maybe we should keep Megna in there

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I personally believe you don’t just default to a system that has given the Avs troubles in the playoffs, and that is stacking the top line.

The team has been rolling for 8 games. Keep the two current top-6 lines together and get MacKinnon back in working hard on his own.

Newhook-MacKinnon-NAK
Landeskog-Rantanen-O’Connor
Nuke-Kadri-Bura
Helm-Jost-Megna

You could probably get away with playing the 4th line around 8 minutes.

Completely forgot about him. You’re definitely right.
Hopefully, something like this happens. I have been saying for years MacK to be even greater he needs to be able to drive his own line of lower talent players. It's going to be the best way for success and 3 complete lines.

Reactions: Avs71

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Don't stack the 1st line, Rants and Mack can carry their own line. They need to have multiple scoring lines in the playoffs if the intention is to go all the way.
It’s worth the experiment. I’d rather see them each get 80 points on their own line rather than 100 together.

It looks like it’ll be easier to find a winger at the deadline rather than a Center too.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I think you're underestimating how important Landeskog's role is on that line.
Not really. Landeskog should be glued to MacKinnon no matter what the lineup combos. Rantanen can be on another line to create matchup problems and spread the wealth.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not moving Kadri up to the first line when Nate went down really paid off and it was an excellent decision from Bednar. Now Nate returns and the chemistry the 2nd line built remains untouched.

Doubt that would've made a difference. I don't think Kadri would've been lost upon returning to that line.

But whatever, even though that makeshift top line didn't necessarily work, they practically won every game with it so it's a moot point.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm pretty sure that Lidstrom to the power of Orr is higher than that!:laugh:
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad