2020 XFL Season Thread

Last Gleaming

Jul 21, 2013
There's no onside kick, it's just a 4th and 15 from the 35.

Curious, just wondering where you heard this. The XFL site says that teams can elect to try an onside kick but must indicate it to the official beforehand.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So after a team scores they can make that election for 4th and 15 from their own 35 or just kick off normally? I actually really like rule if that’s the case.

Wait are we seeing a 3 point convert line? Lol this is interesting.

Correct.

The 3-point try was something the original XFL added near the end to try and do something to get attention.

There's nutty punting rules brought up in the other thread, basically any punt out of bounds inside the 35 comes out to the 35 unless it's returned.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Curious, just wondering where you heard this. The XFL site says that teams can elect to try an onside kick but must indicate it to the official beforehand.
You might be right, I think I confused that with what they tried in the Pro Bowl

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Correct.

The 3-point try was something the original XFL added near the end to try and do something to get attention.

There's nutty punting rules brought up in the other thread, basically any punt out of bounds inside the 35 comes out to the 35 unless it's returned.

Interesting, probably to promote more offence in the game and going for it on 4th down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting, probably to promote more offence in the game and going for it on 4th down.
Oh yes definitely. Explicitly so.

The only thing that didn't make as much sense to me with eliminating kicks on point-afters is when you miss, then 2 field goals essentially make a touchdown. And we know the point afters in the NFL aren't automatic anymore, especially since we're significantly lowering the quality of kickers now. I would've left it the same, but keep the 3-point try in.

And if you're going to have the 3-point try, might as well make it another point for every x-number of yards.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rahim Moore, best known for giving up the deep ball to Jacoby Jones in the playoffs that tied the game when he was with the Broncos

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hoping this league produces more productive NFLers than the AAF did. Would love to see a sort of developmental league for the NFL, (does the CFL already count)?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hoping this league produces more productive NFLers than the AAF did. Would love to see a sort of developmental league for the NFL, (does the CFL already count)?

The CFL is a drastically different game that requires different skillsets to be successful in compared to American rules.

That’s not to say the CFL doesn’t develop elite talent (Cameron Wake comes to mind). Historically, the CFL used to be a league that allowed for black quarterbacks to develop when they weren’t getting equal opportunities in the NFL. Now this isn’t as much of an issue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's what they get for calling a fair catch!

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah so far the player quality doesn't match the VFL to me but I do like this more than what I saw of the Alliance last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00