GDT: 2020 World Series: (AL) Tampa Bay Rays vs (NL) Los Angeles Dodgers - LAD wins 4-2

TB vs LAD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That's it for the Dodgers, they aren't recovering from that.

They should have been 1 win away with the GOAT to close it out for them in Game 5.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why does LA keep trotting jansen out there to close out playoff games? haven't they learned their lesson by now?

seems like every time he pitches in the playoffs, he blows it

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Brother, thats what you will be doing once MLB finally gets out of St.Pete and put an end to the blood sucking parasitic operation down there.

Cheer up buttercup. Rays will move to Tampa and all will be well. No need to be upset.

iu

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Why Rays are bad for baseball.

Holy shit, the person who tweeted that is so incredibly dumb :laugh: . What an awful take.

This is why if they lose this year, its going to sting even more. At least in 17 + 18, the other team cheated and won as a result. This year it would be their own sheer incompetence. Amazes me that they can have a game like they did Friday and then 24 hours later completely collapse.

Reactions: J T Money

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Holy shit, what a game/ending @TropicalFruitGirl2

I was wondering why a player was running onto the field (homeplate area) when they got the 8th run. I'm like isn't the game still in play and I heard the announcers say the Rays win it! Lol

Only the Rays could "write up" such an ending.....and while I love it, I REALLY wish the team would stop giving me damn near coronaries in the process! :laugh:

Rays will take the win....Rays fans will take the win....series is tied, bottom line, and the arrogant Dodgers are now locked into a 2 of 3 with Tampa Bay.

Does this outburst of runs mean TB will start hitting now? Who knows....but they better. Not likely the Dodgers will botch another game quite like this......or will they?

I am just very happy about this result obviously. 2-2 series is a HUGE difference than 3-1 LA.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Even if Kenley was backing up the home plate he wasn't stopping the ball. Just look at where the throw was coming from and where the ball was deflected.
That's why I wish teams would run home more often. The catcher has a lot to worry about on a play like that, nevermind trying to catch a ball an infielder/outfielder throws with any grip they can get.

Catchers mits also aren't designed for plays like that. They're made to catch stright pitches from 20 yards.

Reactions: Cold Cat

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Obviously could be a catastrophic loss. The longer this thing goes the longer those 7-game LCSs come into play with the battered bullpens. Definitley a game the Dodgers should have won. Great entertainment though.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
That is what happens when people don't really have anything to say, yet feel compelled to say SOMETHING....regardless of how stupid it is.
The tweet even contradicts itself.
Then again, we see that sort of thing on HFboards ALL the time.... :laugh:
He's factually correct. Rays front office is nothing but people who worked for investment banks.

This is HORRIBLE for society as a whole.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
But even most Bucs and Lightning fans don't even realize or care that the Rays exist.

Edit: And I don't blame anyone in Tampa for that. The drive to St. Petersburg to go watch baseball in a morgue is not an exciting proposition even in the best of times.

Your misconception is saying because nobody drives to the game that they don’t know or care. One of the best tv ratings in baseball, but the drive and stadium suck. If any team ever needed a new park at a better location it’s the Rays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad