Prospect Info: 2020 World Junior Canadian Hockey is Back!

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Russian captain with a dumb penalty.

How did the refs not call the delay of game on Canada earlier. What a terrible non call
Is this some kind of strange IIHF rule or something ? That was clear delay of game. Overall officiating was awful in this game.
Congratulations to Canada. Deserved win. Especially after 6-0 loss to Russia earlier.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The only way it makes sense is if the camera is considered an extension of the glass rather than an addition to it. If that is the case, it was the correct call.

It would be a stupid rule but the call would be correct.
well i mean that can be for absolutely any call. the camera was behind the glass i mean the puck IS OUT when it hits the camera

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So maybe the refs were right. See section v

ENjAsJsXUAIFIkg

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who cares about the camera. Every year there are a boatload of horrible calls. Canada won, hooray, now we can remember it’s a bunch of junior aged kids and move on.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I didn't watch the tournament but was wondering what you guys thought about JBD's performance in the tournament? What's he look like for us so far?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I didn't watch the tournament but was wondering what you guys thought about JBD's performance in the tournament? What's he look like for us so far?
He looks very composed. No flash but a very solid 2 way defenceman. Looks to be guaranteed top 4 with possible #2 potential. He will play the PK and he will see PP time but not as the QB. Nice zone exits and always has his head up, plays like Wade Redden, but will likely never reach that high level. Not overly physical but extremely good positionally, needs to add strength to aid on the box out. Love him as a player.

Reactions: h2

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Reminds me Rachunek (RIP) a little bit: solid play, good skater, but nothing flashy or elite. Strong enough to take a hit and not cough up the puck. Makes the low-risk passes. Doesn't have a great shot, but it's accurate. If he's our #4D it would mean we have a good defense.

In a way it's what I expected of Ceci as well based on his first season in the NHL.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He looks very composed. No flash but a very solid 2 way defenceman. Looks to be guaranteed top 4 with possible #2 potential. He will play the PK and he will see PP time but not as the QB. Nice zone exits and always has his head up, plays like Wade Redden, but will likely never reach that high level. Not overly physical but extremely good positionally, needs to add strength to aid on the box out. Love him as a player.

I think he got better every day of the tournament, the Gold Medal game was his best which is great news. He had a massive hit then almost scored it was an incredible sequence.

I think he could be a great partner for a high end offensive D man. Would look great beside Chabot or Wolanin. Redden is a far superior player offensively but there are some similar charactersitics with how he plays and his style.

Compared to what I saw at the start to what he was at the end was pretty encouraging. Stylistically a bigger Spurgeon perhaps?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

His skating and puck moving weren't as good as I expected. Definitely a smart player and was generally pretty good defensively, but he looks like more of a defensive D if he makes the NHL.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
JBD started slow but I also think it could be that he was with Bahl who didn't look that good

I thought as the games became tougher he became more reliable

Could be good with Chabot

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
JBD started slow but I also think it could be that he was with Bahl who didn't look that good

I thought as the games became tougher he became more reliable

Could be good with Chabot
Yeah Bahl was pretty bad. JBD was Canada’s best D IMO.

Reactions: FormentonTheFuture

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Bahl was pretty bad. JBD was Canada’s best D IMO.

Bahl was bad?... Johansen isnt an NHL player you are on quite a tear today. A shut down pk d man I saw one goal that was his fault all tournament. Mcisaac and Smith were bad, Bahl played his role well and showed his puck moving ability and made the right play almost the entire tournament.

Blaming JBD's slow start on him is pushing an agenda.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Bahl was bad?... Johansen isnt an NHL player you are on quite a tear today. A shut down pk d man I saw one goal that was his fault all tournament. Mcisaac and Smith were bad, Bahl played his role well and showed his puck moving ability and made the right play almost the entire tournament.

Blaming JBD's slow start on him is pushing an agenda.
it's not always about agendas. I wasn't impressed with Bahl either. I was impressed with JBD, more impressed as the tournament went on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad