Prospect Info: 2020 World Junior Canadian Hockey is Back!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Woo Hoo, fav time of year for Canadian Hockey!

Two exhibition games this week vs U Sports all-stars in Oakville

5:00 pm tonight
2:00 pm tomorrow

2020_IIHF_World_U20_Championship.png

Reactions: tardigrade81

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
As per Bob McKenzie twitter
Hollaway released 2020 eligible
Schneider released 2020 eligible
Krebs released
Newhook released
Zary released 2020 eligible
Deliberatoire released
Harley released
Perfetti released 2020 eligible
Hunter Jones released
one more forward to be released later.

So far surprises to me are Hollaway and Newhook
per McKenzie: Looks like the remaining 7 D are Addison, Bahl, Bernard-Docker, Byram, Drysdale, McIsaac, Smith. As long as Noah Dobson is not loaned by NYI, that should be the seven-man D corps.
The three goalies on the roster are Daws, Hofer and Rodrigue.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Was hoping Perfetti would make it. Kid has that knack for coming up big on the bigger stage. Oh well...next year for him then.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Still four 2020 draft eligibles right? Mercer/laf/byfield/drysdale. Thats way more than usual, extra fun for the bottom feeders of the nhl.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I expect JBD and Bahl to be paired together as a shut down pair. They'll be 1st PK unit as well.

That's how camp started, but I read (I think on this board) that they were looking at rolling out a Smith/JBD pairing.

It's gonna be a great opportunity to see him live regardless, but I know I'd like to see him play with the returnee over Bahl if I had the choice.

EDIT: Just saw Bobby Mac's tweet. If Smith is gonna play his off-side it makes all the sense in the world for Bahl/JBD to a pair moving forward. Not sure how I feel about that Byram/Addison pairing, but if the top-four can take the heavy minutes it might free those guys up to chip in offensively.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That

That's how camp started, but I read (I think on this board) that they were looking at rolling out a Smith/JBD pairing.

It's gonna be a great opportunity to see him live regardless, but I know I'd like to see him play with the returnee over Bahl if I had the choice.

As of yesterday... Of course things can change depending on how each pair does. I am sure the coaches will lean on certain guys more than others when its crunch time.

Reactions: Back in Black

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
One more cut, i hope its Thomas not Mercer. Where does veleno slot in?

If I had to guess I'd say 2C, Cozens shifts to wing and Lavoie drops down the lineup. Maybe they just stick him at wing instead and Cozens stays at center, but I have a hard time seeing a returnee not playing in the top-six.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There is one spot unspoken for in the top 6, and I would think it's between Foote/Lavoie, though I'd give the edge to Lavoie being the right handed shot that plays right wing. I'd honestly rather Mercer there, he has played right wing with Velano in Drummondville, and is no slouch offensively. Velano will be on the #1 PP in place of McMichael I would imagine.

Cozens played right wing at the U-18's with Krebs and Newhook, I'd imagine he's pencilled in there now as well.

Don't ask me why they are high on Foote, I don't see it, wouldn't be on my team, let alone in a prominent role.

Laf-Hayton-Cozens
Byfield-Velano-xxxx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad